"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #7181
Chef Extraordinaire

I am about to head out and collect the Wii U...have just phoned the store and they have opened an hour earlier today for the rush as they are released today!

Want to get there early to collect it as I dont want to be waiting in lines

Old 11-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #7182
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That's nice to know. I feel much better about things if I know I am not hurting someone to "make them better." Or if it is something uncomfortable, I've done my best to minimize the discomfort.
PF, we hav a a foot doctor that comes in every Tuesday to check the feet of the patients and trim their nails. Due to circulatory problems, my toes nails grow very slowly. So I finally was able to get through to the powers that be, I will let them know when my nails need to be cut. and being a diabetic, I know to keep an eye on the condition of my feet. So....

The last time I went to see her, she was determined to get that nail out of the corner. Now if you heard Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, STOP, wouldn't you get the idea you may be hurting the patient and doing something wrong? My toe began bleeding and she had to bandage it. The nursing staff sent me to a foot doctor that they use off site to take a look at it. He had me coming back twice a week for three weeks until it healed. I was unable to wear my shoes during that whole time. I no longer will let her even glance at my feet as I walk by.

And yes, they still use her. She is under contract. But a lot of patients refuse to let her treat them. So they are seen by the off site doctor.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #7183
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF, we hav a a foot doctor that comes in every Tuesday to check the feet of the patients and trim their nails. Due to circulatory problems, my toes nails grow very slowly. So I finally was able to get through to the powers that be, I will let them know when my nails need to be cut. and being a diabetic, I know to keep an eye on the condition of my feet. So....

The last time I went to see her, she was determined to get that nail out of the corner. Now if you heard Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, STOP, wouldn't you get the idea you may be hurting the patient and doing something wrong? My toe began bleeding and she had to bandage it. The nursing staff sent me to a foot doctor that they use off site to take a look at it. He had me coming back twice a week for three weeks until it healed. I was unable to wear my shoes during that whole time. I no longer will let her even glance at my feet as I walk by.

And yes, they still use her. She is under contract. But a lot of patients refuse to let her treat them. So they are seen by the off site doctor.
Sorry you had to endure that pain Addie. Some people just do not belong in the positions that they are in. Take care.

I am sitting here trying to talk myself into going to the gym this afternoon.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #7184
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Sorry you had to endure that pain Addie. Some people just do not belong in the positions that they are in. Take care.

I am sitting here trying to talk myself into going to the gym this afternoon.
Just think of how good you will feel when you get back home and can relax.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #7185
Chef Extraordinaire

I have come back with the new Wii U

I can't open it though because as I mentioned, it is for Christmas....but exciting that it is now here

Now time for a coffee and then I must do some ironing and nphang out some washing etc
Old 11-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #7186
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes SB, do got to the gym, you will feel great afterwards and so glad that you did go
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #7187
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here waiting for Spike and Teddy to arrive. It is about time for them to show up.

Just a quick note to all of the DC members. I just want you to know that the angel at the end of your posts have not gone unnoticed. Thank you so much. With so many angels and prayers in the works for my daughter, she will have no choice but to get better. Unfortunately, the week of Thanksgiving dinner was her chemo week. And it looks like it will be the same for Christmas week. But in between, her spirits are high and she gets her energy back. The chemo saps her of all her strength and she needs help just to stand up from a chair.

For the past several years I have more or less just skipped the holidays. I go along just to be polite. But preferred to be left alone. For some strange reason, this year I am getting into the mood. The tree is up in the Community Room and tomorrow they will be decorating it. I think I will go down and help. At my height, I can only help with the lower branches. When I moved here I donated all my Christmas stuff to the building. Unfortunately a couple of boxes of decorations got damaged when there was a flood in the storage room. So they are buying a lot of new stuff this year.

There is one thing I do every year. I make up the bulletin for the Christmas Party. I am the only one in the building that has a printer that does color. And the only one who knows how to use clip art. Unfortunately, we had to add in small print "Residents Only" to the bulletin. Last year one of the residents invited their family and there were not enough seats for the residents. So the small kids were delegated to another room and to sit on the floor. They were also the last ones to be allowed to get their food. It didn't go over too big with the resident whose family it was, but too bad. I was given permission to invite Spike. He does a lot of little fixes for the residents at his own expense without charging. Like putting graphite on their window tracks so they can open them with more ease. That's more than maintenance does here. But I know he won't come.

Thank you again for all the angels. I do notice them and I know they are helping her.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #7188
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
I have come back with the new Wii U

I can't open it though because as I mentioned, it is for Christmas....but exciting that it is now here

Now time for a coffee and then I must do some ironing and nphang out some washing etc
I love the smell of clean laundry right off the line.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #7189
Chef Extraordinaire

Me too Ads

i change the sheets once a week..and they are outside drying very quickly as it is still pretty hot here today..they will smell lovely once bought in
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #7190
Executive Chef

Still trying to get the tree trimmed. Hope to finish this evening. I want to finish the rest of the decorating tomorrow, so that I can bake this weekend and then it's back to work on Monday.....bye bye vacation :(