What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my cast off at last I can't tell you how good it feels. Now to get the eyes done and i'll be back to bug you guys again:LOL:
kades

was it white knuckle driving, pf, or just long, slow, gridlocked kind of driving? do you feel intensely alive for a long time afterwards, until the adrenaline subsides? i kinda miss that....

Long and slow, lowest gear @ 10 MPH, I just took my time, no skidding, no plowing into the curb. Half the time the Subaru was pushing snow, but pushing it worked so well:)

kadesma said:
Got my cast off at last I can't tell you how good it feels. Now to get the eyes done and i'll be back to bug you guys again:LOL:
kades

Yay, Kades! So glad to hear from you! Good luck with the eyes!

We miss you!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Finally made it home...was 45 minutes for a ten minute drive. We've gotten almost 2 foot of snow, no drifts and it's warm out...supposed to be freezing rain later tonight. Shrek was wonderful and shoveled out my spot in the parking lot, then took up residence so no one else would park there.

I have had drives like that. So nice of Shrek to take such good care of you. Guess that is why you decided he was a keeper long ago, huh?

if you like word games, try this: search "lumosity", then click on 'word bubbles'. this is a fun game/exercise challenging your verbal skills. they give you the first 3 letters of a word, and you supply as many words (4+ letters) as possible starting with those three letters in 60 seconds time. it's fun, fast-paced and challenging. the longer the words, the higher number of words, the better your score. try it.... :)

All the schools will be closed tomorrow. This is the first time I remember schools being closed in 12 years.

Yeah, we're waiting for all H-E-double hockey sticks to hit us. Ran all our errands this afternoon. It's just a bit before midnight, and doggie woke me up to go for a pee; very unusual. In my experience, my animals have forseen bad temperature changes. One channel predicts 3-5 inches, another is predicting closer to a foot. Ugh!

my childhood dog, scooter, always knew when bad weather or the 4th of july was coming days before.

she'd hide in my basement bedroom panting heavily at times until it hit.

My previous two dogs always knew when it was going to rain. They'd wake me up (never my husband, he's way too sound a sleeper) to take them out. I swear it would start pouring rain as soon as I let them back in.

One of the nicest things in really cold weather is to crawl into a nice warm bed. No initial shock ice cold sheets. We have heated mattress pads. I used to scoff at the idea but decided comfort was more important. Also, it allows us to keep the rest of the house at a lower temperature overnight, saving gas.

One of the nicest things in really cold weather is to crawl into a nice warm bed. No initial shock ice cold sheets. We have heated mattress pads. I used to scoff at the idea but decided comfort was more important. Also, it allows us to keep the rest of the house at a lower temperature overnight, saving gas.

Know just what you mean, Andy. We still have the traditional "electric" blanket, which makes the bed soooo cozy.

One of the nice things is that early in the evening, Glenn turns the blanket on (a little higher than it would be if we were in bed) and by the time we get to bed after our evening of watching TV, the bed is nice and snuggly. Then, to guild the lily even further, flannel sheets complete the coziness.

Hmmm. What am I doing? Well, just finished a nice breakfast with my sweetheart and have a load of linens in the washer. It's going to be dry out today, with a little breeze, so I'll hang the sheets, along with the comforter out on the line. I might even hang the pillows out, too. Love how the bed, and our bedroom, smells when the bedding has been on the line outside.

Next will be cleaning the bathrooms and scrubbing their floors and the kitchen and utility room floors.

I put some potatoes on to boil while we were eating breakfast because I want to make some potato rolls for this weekend. The dough has to be refrigerated overnight. I'll make the rolls tomorrow.

Once the cleaning is done and the roll dough gets into the refrigerator, I'm going to work some more on a knitting project and, then, continue wading through the pile of stuff still in the breezeway that we moved here from storage in October. The pile is dwindling, but not fast enough for me. My biggest deterrent is that the pain from the arthritis in my hands causes me to work more slowly than I would like. Gettin' older is a real bummer.:mad: Still...the alternative is less exciting.

Know just what you mean, Andy. We still have the traditional "electric" blanket, which makes the bed soooo cozy.

One of the nice things is that early in the evening, Glenn turns the blanket on (a little higher than it would be if we were in bed) and by the time we get to bed after our evening of watching TV, the bed is nice and snugly. Then, to guild the lily even further, flannel sheets complete the coziness.

About seven years ago, I bought my daybed. And to sit on it as a couch is not very comfortable. So I bought two humongous pillows for the back. But they weren't the color I like, but the only ones in that size they had. So I bought about five yards of fleece with the intention of making covers for them. Well, the covers never got made. That is when my health started its downward slide and the daybed turned into a full time bed. But the fleece made the warmest yet lightest blanket. When it became too fuzzy and pilly, I bought only four yards the next time. Still too big, but I can live with it. The next time I will only get 3.5 yards. No binding to wear off, washes like a charm, and ever so snugly warm. And the extra payoff is that it comes in all kinds of patterns and colors. :chef:

OK, just had a brain flash. I'm a complete moron. Since I got sick in August, I've had issues with my eyes being puffy looking. Vain person that I am, I went out and bought some eye cream. It ran out a little while ago so I bought some new stuff that is supposed to be even better. Well the last couple of days the puffiness is worse than its been and my one eye looks particularly icky. I just realized the stuff I bought is supposed to plump up your wrinkles not get rid of puffiness! I'm a total moron. *sigh*

And why is it that only ONE of my eyes looks crummy? The other one is fine.

Once the cleaning is done and the roll dough gets into the refrigerator, I'm going to work some more on a knitting project and, then, continue wading through the pile of stuff still in the breezeway that we moved here from storage in October. The pile is dwindling, but not fast enough for me. My biggest deterrent is that the pain from the arthritis in my hands causes me to work more slowly than I would like. Gettin' older is a real bummer.:mad: Still...the alternative is less exciting.

I know exactly how you feel, Katie. Yesterday at my pain group I had to get someone to open my vitamin water bottle and then at the hospital I had to get another customer in line at the cafeteria to open my Ice Tea bottle. Between the arthritis and the unusually cold weather, my hands aren't working the greatest either. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom