What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Armenian food! Yum. Whatcha making?

Nothing really exciting, TL. It's a dish called herrseh. It's hulled wheat slow cooked in a stock made with a fowl and reduced to a oatmeal texture. Then it's whipped to homogenize the texture and served with brown butter. Poor people's food and a fond memory from our childhood.

I had to go to an Armenian grocery to get the hulled wheat and also picked up some extra fine bulgar for a Christmas recipe.

For two hours this afternoon I was looking at the Cambridge (Massachusetts) study on our languages. Both here in the US and Great Britain. Very interesting.

The Cambridge Online Survey of World Englishes

There is one lone dot on the North America map way up above the Artic Circle and in Calgary.

And in GB, one lone one way high in Scotland. These folks must have been having a slow day.

Care to take the survey?

It is fun. I learned a lot. :angel:

Getting ready to give my hands a hot wax treatment. The arthritis this morning is just too much. They hurt so much I could barely hold my silverware to eat breakfast. Time to do something; anything. So I'm going to try the hot wax to see if that gives me any relief. Something's gotta give. I have things to do today.
So sorry that your hands aren't working - especially at this time of year! Glad the hot wax helped. I had a friend who had the same stiff, sore digits. Wherever she was she would go into a bathroom, run the water to get it hot, then stopper the sink and soak her hands in water as hot as she could take it. When her fingers loosened up she would dry them and lotion generously. Never had dry skin, but the fingers felt better for hours. This might work as a quick fix for you when you're just a little bit hurting. Feel better. :flowers:

Oh, and I'm going to go clean and decorate a little more. We leave for home in a week-10 days and I'm so not getting things done! Himself asks why I'm bothering to decorate because we won't be here on Christmas but I need to do this for my own enjoyment. No guarantee the weather won't go completely into the dump and we'd be stuck here for Christmas anyway. And I'll still have plenty of time to enjoy the decorations since I don't take anything down until....well, Valentine's Day? :whistling

For two hours this afternoon I was looking at the Cambridge (Massachusetts) study on our languages. Both here in the US and Great Britain. Very interesting.

There is one lone dot on the North America map way up above the Artic Circle and in Calgary.

And in GB, one lone one way high in Scotland. These folks must have been having a slow day.

Care to take the survey?

It is fun. I learned a lot. :angel:
That was kinda fun. I didn't give them my real name :rolleyes:
:angel:

Yes, Laurie, the wax did help. In fact, I plan on doing it again tomorrow and in the days following. The continuous, penetrating warmth really seemed to help and it certainly felt good.

The wax device I have, melts the wax, then you dip your hands in (about 5 times) and place your hands into what amounts to a plastic bag and, then, into a quilted glove. Wait about 15 minutes before removing the glove, plastic bag and the wax.

I have had this done in the past and it works amazingly well.

I have osteoarthritis in my hand joints and at times the pain is crippling. This treatment has really helped me a lot through the years.

There are machines available out there if you want to do this treatment at home

Here are some
Amazon.com: hot wax hand therapy

It is much less expensive to do it at home as well as convenient.

I am sitting here with Christmas Carols playing on You Tube while I harmonize with the music. My own method of therapy. I am very upset at the moment. Due to a screw up by the secretary at Winthrop I missed two very important medical appointments between yesterday and today. This is not the first time this has happened. I don't want to file a formal complaint. It could cost her the job. So I will bite my tongue and from now on handle my own appointments. In the meantime I will heat up the corn chowder Spike brought for me. :angel:

I am thawing a steak for dinner. My body was telling me that it had a red meat deficiency :angel:

We have a potluck at work tomorrow, so I'm cooking cocktail meatballs in the traditional fashion. Coincidentally, DH also has a potluck at work, so I'm meatballing for 2. Got a package of Little Smokies to throw in to extend the recipe, as I hadn't realized I'd be doing 2 potlucks. Thankfully, I have enough crockpots.

We have a potluck at work tomorrow, so I'm cooking cocktail meatballs in the traditional fashion. Coincidentally, DH also has a potluck at work, so I'm meatballing for 2. Got a package of Little Smokies to throw in to extend the recipe, as I hadn't realized I'd be doing 2 potlucks. Thankfully, I have enough crockpots.

So what is the traditional fashion?

So what is the traditional fashion?

Amazingly difficult: Welch's Grape Jelly and Heinz Chili Sauce, with frozen cocktail meatballs. I'm heating it on the stove so the sauce cooks in, then will warm and transport in the CP. I used 32 oz jelly and 3 bottles chili sauce, 60 oz frozen meatballs. Around here, these disappear quickly, I think the recipe is from the '50s, usually with just 2 bottles of chili sauce. I like the tang of 3.

Last edited:
Amazingly difficult: Welch's Grape Jelly and Heinz Chili Sauce, with frozen cocktail meatballs. I'm heating it on the stove so the sauce cooks in, then will warm and transport in the CP. I used 32 oz jelly and 3 bottles chili sauce, 60 oz frozen meatballs. Around here, these disappear quickly, I think the recipe is from the '50s.

Yup, must be from the 50's. I remember my mom making something very similar.

I have yet to try that mixture, but it's on my list.
hmmm, I wonder if my magnetic pass key still works to get into Welch's vat room... :devilish:

The spud went onto the grill a few minutes ago, time to turn the heat up on the broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom