"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 PM   #7921
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
SB, sorry the night isn't going quite like you had planned. Try not to let dh's over imbibing spoil your evening. Perhaps you can ignore him And watch a movie with the girls or play a game with them. Remember, you are the only one responsible for your happiness, and he for his. Good luck dear and happy new year!
+2

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #7922
Executive Chef

yes, sb, i'm afraid dh is following a fairly common new year's pattern of behavior. you and the kids can still make it a fun new years without him. unless dh has displayed abusive or violent behavior, ignoring him, and not engaging him is your best bet. sorry this year hasn't been the anticipated fun family celebration that was the original plan. dh will probably be feeling remorseful come tomorrow. if offered, let him make some reparations, cause after all, you have earned some extra good treatment from him.:)

Old 01-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #7923
Executive Chef

We are watching Canadian comedy shows.....just finished Air Farce. Now the Ron James New Years Eve special. Maybe we will watch a movie after this. I am having a glass of wine ;-). Pretty tame evening around here :-)
Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #7924
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm doing laundry, cleaning up the kitchen and watching the New Year's Rockin' Eve from Times Square. I will probably curl up in my recliner and cross stitch while watching some of my recorded Food Network shows soon while I wait for TB to get home from work.

I tried to get us sushi for a Midnight snack but I went past one place that was open on my friend's side of town hoping to get to the one on our side and it was closed. Now I am craving it! Funny thing is I only eat vegetarian sushi and tempura and right now I can't have the tempura....or soy sauce or wasabi so what's the point in having sushi!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #7925
Executive Chef

you are absolutely right, lp, about sushi losing its appeal without the soy sauce and wasabi. it is 2013 here already. i watched the times square show with the countdown to midnight... the show was extra good this year, but the ball drop entering into 2013 was anticlimactic, as it is every year. just wondering, do adult canadians like justin bieber more than we do, in the u.s.? or is he just going through an awkward stage of development?
i sipped my way through nearly 1/2 bottle of asti spumanti, while watching tv and following nye activities on dc. a nice, quiet way to greet the new year. true to form, i'm still wide awake, so i decided to just go with it, and am having my second mug of coffee. next, i will read my copy of the last printed issue of newsweek. now, that's sad. it's still going to be online, but i see what calls itself news on the 'news' sites online these days.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #7926
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
just wondering, do adult canadians like justin bieber more than we do, in the u.s.? or is he just going through an awkward stage of development?
I am not the one to ask that. I have actually only ever seen him perform once and that was on Michael Buble's Christmas special last year and I can't even remember what he sang. He actually got booed a few times when he performed at our CFL Grey Cup Half Time Show.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 AM   #7927
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just got done rendering bacon for tomorrow's dinner, sitting here with two cats attached to my hips because of the fireworks and sipping hot chocolate. Star Wars on the TV...why don't the cats think Shrek is safe to sit by and cling to???
Old 01-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #7928
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I am sitting in the hotel bar sick of dh. He has had to much to drink. Not such a fun new years eve after all. Kids are back in the room having fun. I am waiting for a pizza to bring back to the room for them. Its looking like a short night. Honestly I just want to go back home tonight.
Sorry to hear this SB

I would go and do something with the kids, sounds like it would certainly be much more fun

I hope your evening gets better (big hug)
Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #7929
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I am sitting in the hotel bar sick of dh. He has had to much to drink. Not such a fun new years eve after all. Kids are back in the room having fun. I am waiting for a pizza to bring back to the room for them. Its looking like a short night. Honestly I just want to go back home tonight.
So sorry, SB. NYE has a way of doing that sometimes, doesn't it? Sure hope things work out for you!

We went out and about on our last night of vacation. At a restaurant, DH took the WORST pics of me that I've ever seen! Thankfully they were on my iPhone, and I was able to delete them immediately! I probably should have saved them, have never seen such great zombie pics. Oh, the horror! Dang, I scared me!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #7930
Executive Chef

aww dawg, i know it must be hard to leave an idyllic ocean side setting and head for home. it's a shame that you felt the need to delete pics of yourself. before leaving, take a bunch of snaps of yourself and dh for future memories sake--you'll be happy to have them later. and don't delete them if you think they are horrible this time-- at least, not right away. give it one full day before deleting future vacation memories.:)

these days i regret my vacation pictures in which all i have to look at are physical scenes and vistas. the few pictures in which i appear are candid shots that somehow got by me. i never thought i looked presentable enough to be photographed--it was either my hair or my clothes...as a result, all i'm left with are albums full of seascapes, mountains, canyons, historic buildings, some with people featured, but not of me. how silly it all seems now....