"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #8091
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Mine says "Milk, Cream" that's it and there are two different brands, one is Great Value from Walmart and the other Western Family.
"Whipping cream" and heavy cream all used up over the holidays, but I am quite sure they just said "cream". My 1/2 and 1/2 says "milk, cream". It's Darigold brand (very common brand out west)

Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #8092
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Taxy, are you talking straight cream, or cream in a can? Just wondering.
You can buy cream in a can?

Just regular cream from the supermarket. Around here, if it isn't organic, it's full of cr*p. Is it better in BC? Or anywhere in Canada?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #8093
Executive Chef

So, I am sitting in the family room with Hubby. He WAS watching TV, but now he has been sleeping for about 30 minutes. Wonder if I should wake him and tell him to go to bed? I love that I have this iPad so I can sit with him when he is "watching tv".
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #8094
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
So, I am sitting in the family room with Hubby. He WAS watching TV, but now he has been sleeping for about 30 minutes. Wonder if I should wake him and tell him to go to bed? I love that I have this iPad so I can sit with him when he is "watching tv".
When Shrek falls asleep watching football, I wake him up and tell him, "They did not call a timeout and it's not halftime!" I know, I'm mean!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #8095
Chef Extraordinaire

This afternoon I have been on the exercise bike, I get on everyday for 15 minutes, will build up to 20 minutes soon

Also done a heap of ironing, so good to have that out of the way

Now relaxing on the recliners until we go out to get some Indian takeaway for dinner
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #8096
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Sounds like you are really enjoying your iPad Chops, great to hear....they are fabulous and I couldn't live without mine
Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #8097
Chef Extraordinaire

About twenty years ago my daughter bought me a computer desk with a matching storage cabinet. The poor desk has definitely seen better days. I have a wireless mouse and no mouse pad is needed. So all the finish is worn off where I use the mouse and the bare wood is showing through. I had to take a black marker and cover the wood. The keyboard tray pulls out. And the hand restboard is bare also. It had a pull out shelf down below for the printer. But I was always banging my shin on it. So I put the printer of top of the storage cabinet. I removed the pull out shelf. This desk has held up far beyond what anyone would expect. It was made for a professional office. Not a home one. It is on locking wheels and easy to pull out to clean behind. The only thing these units don't have is a side slideout shelf to write on. But with my flat screen monitor I can push that back and slide the keyboard in. And there is enough room to put my feed in the area where I removed the shelf. I love this desk. It does look like just a piece of junk now, but I will keep it as long as I can.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:22 AM   #8098
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
When Shrek falls asleep watching football, I wake him up and tell him, "They did not call a timeout and it's not halftime!" I know, I'm mean!
I love it. And no you are not mean. Wait until there is a touchdown and then wake him so you can tell him he missed it. But you don't remember which team.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #8099
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I love it. And no you are not mean. Wait until there is a touchdown and then wake him so you can tell him he missed it. But you don't remember which team.
LOL! I've done that, just started jumping up and down and hollering. Takes him a minute to figure it out.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #8100
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
LOL! I've done that, just started jumping up and down and hollering. Takes him a minute to figure it out.
Play time in the Shrek household. I love it.