What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL! I'm just walking in the store. Shrek needs a cart to walk, I think I could use one too...both of us with a cart, now that could be expensive.:LOL:

I always use a cart, even though I only want one or two things. I always end up buying more. I can walk without it, but I do better with it.

When I had my heart surgery, we stopped on the way home from the hospital so I could get my hair cut. I didn't want to have to deal with my hair while I was recouperating. They told me I was not to go out for the first 2 weeks, but they didn't say I couldn't stop anywhere on the way home! LOL

Yeah, when I was discharged after my heart attack we went grocery shopping on the way home.

We are going to wait to go out tomorrow, since I am waiting for news on one of my meds.

Now is nap time...I'm starting to fade away.

I have to think about Shrek doing laundry...LOL!!!

It's just about nap time for me.
Eek! Make sure you supervise the sorting. If you can get away with it, tell him to put everything in cold water and not too hot in the dryer. You don't want your sweaters coming back shrunk to a kid's size or all the elastics saggy from heat.

Eek! Make sure you supervise the sorting. If you can get away with it, tell him to put everything in cold water and not too hot in the dryer. You don't want your sweaters coming back shrunk to a kid's size or all the elastics saggy from heat.

Double Eek! Shrek will have to go to the Laundromat! No heavy lifting for PF. I would get out a sharpie and some masking tape, and label the bags of sorted clothes with explicit instructions, from inserting the coins, to how much soap, to temperatures.

Beagle's schedule is a bit off after being at the kennel. She felt it was time for dinner, and helped herself to half a pound of fresh Italian sausage that I didn't get out of the grocery bag in time.

Last edited:
Oh, I'll go to the laundromat with him...but he has to do all the heavy lifting.:mrgreen:

I also get to shop with him, with him getting anything I point at and buying it for me. He says I have to say please at least twice.

Last edited:
Oh, I'll go to the laundromat with him...but he has to do all the heavy lifting.:mrgreen:

I also get to shop with him, with him getting anything I point at and buying it for me. He says I have to say please at least twice.

I think twice might be a bit much....

Phew. Don't overdo it.

I won't, I know how far I can walk before I feel tired. For the Costco run I might use a store scooter.

I think twice might be a bit much....

That's what I was thinking...:rolleyes:

All those "Thank Yous" I used in the hospital, I might have to replenish those with a couple "I'm sorrys" thrown in. I was so out of character...

Soooooo cold and we're coping.

Brought our darlin' doggie, Harley, inside to suck up mommy's and daddy's lovin' and warmth.

We have the Bose set up to near "blast" level listening to the Righteous Brothers and The Beach Boys 50th Anniversary. Lots of feet tappin' and singing to the lyrics!!!!!

If you are thinking of buying one for Shrek, as you know, Medicare will pay for 80%. I would be lost without mine. :angel:

He will need a front wheeled walker first and for as long as possible. No elevator in our place for a scooter.:LOL:

He will need a front wheeled walker first and for as long as possible. No elevator in our place for a scooter.:LOL:

Keep Shrek walking and climbing those stairs as long as you can!

If I can think of one good thing about your recent surgery it is that it has gotten Shrek moving and thinking about new things. Now that his routine has been shaken up keep him moving! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Keep Shrek walking and climbing those stairs as long as you can!

If I can think of one good thing about your recent surgery it is that it has gotten Shrek moving and thinking about new things. Now that his routine has been shaken up keep him moving! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm working on it. Walking out of the hospital yesterday with the CNA, guess who was lagging behind, I should have had Shrek push me in a wheelchair. I was outpacing him with an IV stand at one point. I finally started waiting until he went home before I would go for a walk.

It's going to be interesting to see if I can get him moving along with me in the next month.

My M-I-L sent me a bunch of "Meanwhile in Canada" pix. This one seems appropriate here.

Attachments

• walker snow plow.jpg
    walker snow plow.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 147

A lot of the resident in this building are using the walker that has the seat on it. It has been improved a great deal.

I can walk very normal. It is just that after about three minutes of walking, my hip and spine start to hurt. It is a circulation problem. So all I have to do is stop and sit down for a few minutes for the pain to subside. And I can't stand for more than ten minutes. Fortunately, in this building we do have an elevator. :angel:

We went out to buy "a couple of items at the store" and a new monitor for me. We came home with $200 worth of groceries, a monitor, 2 sets of speakers, keyboards and mice ... the two CPU's will be ready on Friday! :LOL:

We seem to shop better separately because we worry what the other will think. Together we have no willpower. :ohmy:

We went out to buy "a couple of items at the store" and a new monitor for me. We came home with $200 worth of groceries, a monitor, 2 sets of speakers, keyboards and mice ... the two CPU's will be ready on Friday! :LOL:

We seem to shop better separately because we worry what the other will think. Together we have no willpower. :ohmy:
WTG LP. There's nothing better than new "house toys" :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom