What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starting to feel human again after three days. About every year and a half I get a bout of lower abdominal cramps for about five days. Have no idea what causes them, but this time I headed right to the BART diet. Seems to have shortened the problem. Meanwhile, I better hunt Gru down. I think I got his Dart Gun and I need to find him to make a switch...:huh:

...Oh, just found out my silly mutt likes beets! A piece dropped on the floor and she grabbed it. I figured she wouldn't touch it but she wolfed it down and looked up for more (which she didn't get!).
Your silly mutt can be friends with our daughter's silly kitty LB. While we were back home in OH I cooked a lot (LOVED it! :wub: ) and Dan the Cat was always at my feet looking hopeful. I usually resisted, but I did offer him a slice of radish while making salads. He loved it! I quit feeding him at three pieces. He also enjoyed cabbage and lettuce while we were there.

Attachments

• 2014-01-04 11.23.47.jpg
    2014-01-04 11.23.47.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 162
....Oh. I got my stitches out today. I feel very much better! The scar is very ugly and it will never go away but if this is the worst which will happen to me, I don't care. I just won't be able to wear a 2-piece bathing suit any more, and that is fine, for I am modest anyway and those are very over-rated.....
Cat, you (or someone else if you can't reach) can rub Palmer's Cocoa Butter on the scar when it's completely healed. It will make the scar a little less visible, but more importantly it will keep the skin soft and supple so that the scar doesn't shrink and pull the surrounding skin. I did it ever night for about a year when I scrapped my elbow so bad that you could see...well, it was unpleasant. It made a real difference. Now I put it on only a few times a week, usually after a show AND I think of doing it.(I stand on record that I do shower more often than twice a week. ;) )

I'll post a link to my recipe later - the recipe is in the Soup sub-forum. It's for a bean and bacon soup with ham. You should be able to have all the ingredients on board and they stay fresh (ham and bacon) for a long time do to their curing process.

Martin all Mahogany

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Pretty! Where is a "drooling emoticon" when you really need one? Lovely guitars lovingly made even today (Himself and I visited the factory in 2011)) and beautiful sounding. All I own is a Guild F-212 from the late 60s.

A friend and I drove out to Nazareth (pre-marriage, and we were just buddies, so no ideas) so he could drop off two of his Martins for refurbishing. Couple of Dreadnoughts, I guess, since they had "D-" in their names. Got a very personal tour of the factory. This was back in 1972 and the two of us were going camping in (of all places) New England. I had borrowed his tent and his girlfriend's brother's sleeping bags so my friend Betsy and I could camp for a week. She backed out days before so I asked if he wanted to go instead. My Mom was freaked out, especially when she said "go ask your Father" and his reply was "you kids go and have a good time, OK"? And that's when her heart problems began...

..I got the Shingles Vaccine early d/t health status...
I should get the Shingles Vaccine. My Mom got it when she was in her 60s and the poor dear was so miserable. Then our son got it his Freshman year of high school. At first we thought it was just a rash because he was wrestling (they wash the mats down with bleach) but it turned out to be shingles! Ack! I'm surrounded! :ohmy:

Starting to feel human again after three days. About every year and a half I get a bout of lower abdominal cramps for about five days. Have no idea what causes them, but this time I headed right to the BART diet. Seems to have shortened the problem. Meanwhile, I better hunt Gru down. I think I got his Dart Gun and I need to find him to make a switch...:huh:

That sounds like me before my diverticuli perforated. Be very careful about this. It wasn't pretty.

Cat, don't throw away the bikini just yet. Many scars fade into oblivion after about a year. After having my heart surgery I thought I would never wear a V-neck top again, but now it's barely noticeable, especially in the summer when I have a bit of a tan.

Cat, don't throw away the bikini just yet. Many scars fade into oblivion after about a year. After having my heart surgery I thought I would never wear a V-neck top again, but now it's barely noticeable, especially in the summer when I have a bit of a tan.

The only folks who notice my heart scar are others who belong to the Zipper Club also. My scar is flat and white. And I really don't care who notices it. I not only wear V neck tops, I also show some cleavage if I feel like it. You would be surprised how many folks will never notice it. And if they are rude enough to mention it, make up some exotic story about how you got the scar. Traipsing through the jungles of Brazil and an animal jumped on your back and scratch you with it claws. Of course you don't know what kind of animal. It was on your back where you couldn't see it. Watch their eyes get bigger and bigger. You were in Brazil with a team from your university looking for a certain orchid for medical research. Everyone knows some of our greatest medicines come out of the jungles of South America. :angel:

I just finished breakfast. Hash using smoked brisket with two eggs on top.
Now I need to make a store run to pick up a red pepper, carrots and a couple other items to make Charlie's bigos later on.

I prefer a roast beef hash. Living alone, I get the Mary Kitchen Hash by Hormel. Even though it has tiny pieces of diced potatoes in it, I still cook up a hash brown potato patty and put my eggs on that. With the new way of making that poached egg in a cup and the micro, perfection every time. Nice runny yolk to mix in with the hash browns. :angel:

I'm waiting for DH to bring the dog in so we can go to Panera for breakfast and a loaf of ciabatta, and maybe to TJ Maxx. I love the random food items they have.

I am trying to tire myself out so I can go back to sleep. After such a good low pain day yesterday, I had a rough night and only got two hours. I didn't even overdo it.

But at least I had my new computer to play with while I was up. Now I have two fast computers that have features which make access easy for me. I am a real happy camper! :)

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my wonderful hubby? :wub:

Sitting here watching Shrek the Musical on Netflix and working on a recipe for 100% whole wheat bread that I have high hopes for. My niece made it last weekend and gave it rave reviews.

Mmm, summer sausage.

I'm working on the papers for the realtor who's selling Mom's house. She just went independent. Need to figure out something for lunch.

I just put a few rounds through a German pre-war .22 I bought yesterday. Detail stripped a pistol I want to get re-blued. All while keeping half an eye (or ear) on the playoff game.
I think I'll go turn some cabbage, carrot and onion into cole slaw now.

Back
Top Bottom