What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...We are looking at mid September, and so far the best choices are a 7 day to Alaska and a 10 day down the West Coast to San Francisco, LA and back...

I recommend San Francisco. It's my favorite city other than Boston and is a pleasure to visit. Great foods and sights. You'd have a ball.

LOL!!! I bet they would notice us...depends on when you are going and if I can get the time off. My bosses are going to consider this a vacation for me...even though it is really sick time. I'll be on the bottom of the first choice vacation list.
We have to go in September - both cruises leave around the 15th. The West coast one is a repositioning cruise which is why it is cheap and 10 days.

I have switched to my notebook... Monkey was snooping under my desk and turned off mu UPS, shutting down my new PC. Violet is so scared of the beeping noise that only one beep set her off so I had to grab her "thunder shirt" and get her to the other end of the house. The shirt really does calm her down if you get it on quick enough. I can't reach the UPS so I will be on this one until TB gets home.

I recommend San Francisco. It's my favorite city other than Boston and is a pleasure to visit. Great foods and sights. You'd have a ball.
Andy, San Francisco is my favourite City too (I can't wait to see Boston) and I can't wait to share it with TB. The cruise actually stops there overnight and you can take tours or do your own thing which we would do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going through cruise info - it looks like we are finally going to take the "plunge" this year. We are hoping to get something that is Vancouver to Vancouver so I don't have to deal with planes, hotels, etc. We can settle in our room for 7 to 10 days and relax.

We are looking at mid September, and so far the best choices are a 7 day to Alaska and a 10 day down the West Coast to San Francisco, LA and back.

This may or may not delay my going to the east coast this spring to see my nephew and his wife in Toronto and then go to Boston to research my family tree. Again, it has a lot to do with how well I will travel.

Anyway, the cruise research is exciting!

Alaska is wonderful! My husband and I went in 2012 for our 10 year, and we loved it!

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

I'm just worried about weather in the middle of September - cold, rainy and also rough seas. I don't get seasick, but strangely enough the vibrations bother my knee replacement quite seriously. I have had it on the ferries to Vancouver Island a few times.

Get a midship cabin. Least dramatic movement, least amount of engine vibration (although most ships are quite smooth now, even in the rear of the ship). These will also be close to elevators. These ships have stabilizers too which you won't often find on a ferry.

I've been in rough seas on a cruise ship and they were soooo much more pleasant than rough seas on a ferry!

It's 11pm and I'm waiting for Frank to come back home from Italy.
He still hasn't found a flat yet and don't want to stay in the hotel over the weekend, so he decided to come home again.
9h drive to be here until sunday noon... but I'm glad he's coming :wub:

and now he's gone again... :(

LOL!!! I bet they would notice us...depends on when you are going and if I can get the time off. My bosses are going to consider this a vacation for me...even though it is really sick time. I'll be on the bottom of the first choice vacation list.

That is so wrong! How would they like to go into the hospital for surgery for their vacation!

That is so wrong! How would they like to go into the hospital for surgery for their vacation!

The Administrator thinks I'm malingering staying out for a month. For people who are in healthcare, they are amazingly shortsighted when it comes to their employees.

The Administrator thinks I'm malingering staying out for a month. For people who are in healthcare, they are amazingly shortsighted when it comes to their employees.

I'm amazed at that. Where I worked, you could not come back early if you wanted to. You were locked out. You could not even get into the building unless you had a release from your doctor.

I'm amazed at that. Where I worked, you could not come back early if you wanted to. You were locked out. You could not even get into the building unless you had a release from your doctor.

I have to be released by the doctor, but the admin thinks one month is too long for abdominal surgery. She isn't the brightest bulb in the batch.

I proved to myself yesterday that I need just a bit more rest and strengthening before I go back to work. Two hours cleaning the kitchen and I was wiped out. I'm still feeling a bit weak by the end of the day, but not sleeping well either, since I've been napping during the day. I need to get back on a regular schedule...I have less than two weeks.

Mentally, I am ready to be at work.:rolleyes:

My buddy next door has been home for over a month now due to knee surgery. Like he says, he'll find out how important he is at work when he's healed.
When I had sinus surgery I recovered at work. When I had hernia surgeries they told me to take some time off, so I did and started another career, lol. One of my old bosses actually stopped over a month ago and asked if I could come in on a part time basis... it's been 14 years... I don't think so, lol.

My buddy next door has been home for over a month now due to knee surgery. Like he says, he'll find out how important he is at work when he's healed.
When I had sinus surgery I recovered at work. When I had hernia surgeries they told me to take some time off, so I did and started another career, lol. One of my old bosses actually stopped over a month ago and asked if I could come in on a part time basis... it's been 14 years... I don't think so, lol.

That's quite a compliment that your old boss wants you back after 14 years!!!

My surgery has me in and out of the hospital in a few hours, but the surgeon wants me on "light duty" for 4 - 6 weeks. little does he know I'm on it 24/7/365. :LOL:

It struck me as very odd, Andy.
I imagine them going none-union he has a problem finding someone.

I had to have Shrek take me to work on the Monday after surgery so I could access my computer and e-mail. I had to find the Medicare calendar templates and resend them to the two in my office. They had deleted them thinking they were not important. I got a couple more calls like that, Shrek finally told them to get lost, I was on sick leave.

My surgery has me in and out of the hospital in a few hours, but the surgeon wants me on "light duty" for 4 - 6 weeks. little does he know I'm on it 24/7/365. :LOL:

Since my "4 weeks" was for the Robotic surgery and I ended up having it AND the open surgery, I could need 2 more weeks...I'll see how I feel.

I'm trying to decide what I want for dinner while watching all the "Championship Sunday" hype.
This is the first year I remember them turning the conference championship games into games that were bigger than the Super Bowl itself. Championship Sunday? Championship Wednesday media day? Give me a break. Good going Goodell.

I'm trying to decide what I want for dinner while watching all the "Championship Sunday" hype.
This is the first year I remember them turning the conference championship games into games that were bigger than the Super Bowl itself. Championship Sunday? Championship Wednesday media day? Give me a break. Good going Goodell.

I haven't turned on the TV today.

Getting ready for my grandson this afternoon. He and I are watching the game this afternoon. If he tires of that, SO gets him. I have him today, all day tomorrow plus Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. He'll be sick of Grampy by the time he goes home on Wednesday.

I have to be released by the doctor, but the admin thinks one month is too long for abdominal surgery. She isn't the brightest bulb in the batch.

I proved to myself yesterday that I need just a bit more rest and strengthening before I go back to work. Two hours cleaning the kitchen and I was wiped out. I'm still feeling a bit weak by the end of the day, but not sleeping well either, since I've been napping during the day. I need to get back on a regular schedule...I have less than two weeks.

Mentally, I am ready to be at work.:rolleyes:

I know that as soon as you start feeling better you think you ARE better, but the doctor knows best how much time it generally takes before you are ready to put in a full day's work. They should not take away your option of a first choice vacation, IMO, which doesn't count for anything. LOL

Back
Top Bottom