What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished watching the final Harry Potter movie. Our marathon concludes. We just have the bonus features left - we have seen them all before as well, but it is still fun.

Just finished watching the final Harry Potter movie. Our marathon concludes. We just have the bonus features left - we have seen them all before as well, but it is still fun.

Yes! We like the Harry Potter series. She has such a wonderful imagination!

With love,
~Cat

I am sitting at the computer, Monkey asleep on my lap, Violet at my feet, drinking hot lemon and honey and trying not to cough too loud to wake up TB. I don't feel really sick, just a sore throat and cough, but I need to get better by next Tuesday or they won't do the surgery.

As soon as the cough settles down I will go back to bed and hopefully sleep this bug off.

Yes! We like the Harry Potter series. She has such a wonderful imagination!

With love,
~Cat

I bought TB the set for Christmas. It has all eight movies and all bonus material as well as some extras. We have the original X-men series, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I like the boxed sets.

No, just very interested. It would be nice to make just half a lb or so of the soft cheeses though. Seems I never use them up before they get furry or mooky. Except feta, that seems to do well. Much better than quesa fresca. I often sub feta for the Mexican cheese.

I have 2 boxes of old blue jeans that I plan to use to make a denim quilt. I don't know when I'll actually get around to doing it. I have seen some that other have made and there are a lot of different ideas online.

I have also seen some quilts that people have made from their children's outgrown clothes. That's a nice keepsake for the child.

I just finished eating a ring bologna sandwich and burning some cardboard. I had a heckuva time getting my propane torch to light so I could start the fire. I guess I needed Survivorman out there or something.

I have 2 boxes of old blue jeans that I plan to use to make a denim quilt. I don't know when I'll actually get around to doing it. I have seen some that other have made and there are a lot of different ideas online.

I have also seen some quilts that people have made from their children's outgrown clothes. That's a nice keepsake for the child.

My sister used to make her sons small jeans into shoulder bags and large mens jeans into shopping/beach bags.

I'm always in awe of the possibilities that people can see in recycling everyday items.

All I see is old jeans! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

That's sweet of you Macgyver! :angel:

I'm going to spend the better part of what's left of this afternoon digging through our closet and dresser drawers doing a purge. There are items of clothing we just don't wear that I'm sure can be put to use by someone else. Plus we're supposed to get a break from this cold at the end of the week, so I figure a ride to drop these things off at Salvation Army can be coupled with a trip to one of the not-so-near bread bakers.

Going to drop off the taxes, buy a DVD (Last Vegas), start sorting through t-shirt to make into a quilt. Dunno what else, I guess I better finish off the chapter I've been studying and take the test.

About to take 2 big batches of cookies down to Baylor hospital to the ER, and the ICU.

what a perfectly lovely way to express your appreciation to a caring hospital staff, mac! the workers who took care of you, like many heroes, probably see themselves as doing nothing more than performing their assigned work duties. but we know better, don't we? we know the gift you carried away from baylor hospital is one that cannot be measured in any conventional or tangible way...very like the sweet gifts of gratitude you carried back in there today....:)

PF, Dr. Fanhauser's suggestions regarding how to make the ricotta from the whey are excellent. I love using the ricotta from the mozzarella in stuffed shells. Mmmmmmm. :chef:

PF, Dr. Fanhauser's suggestions regarding how to make the ricotta from the whey are excellent. I love using the ricotta from the mozzarella in stuffed shells. Mmmmmmm. :chef:

Thanks for noticing that Kathleen. I followed someone else's recipe and was not happy with the results. I will do his recipe the next time.

We're just finishing up some sugar cookies Mamma made before she left. Then Carl is leaving, taking Laki with him to drop her off at her home.

Gwen is staying and we'll watch TV or play cards. Or both.

With love,
~Cat

I'm sitting here wondering how much it would cost to bring in enough sand to fill the floor of my office, a few Areca palms and a couple of cases of cheap Mexican beer. Definitely wouldn't be as expensive as heading back south for the winter. I'm so over this cold it's not even funny. I just want to curl up in a ball and hide for the next three months.

Back
Top Bottom