What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This weekend I started re-shelving my books and paring down my accumulation of approx. 3,000. I have unleashed a nightmare, I have piles of books everywhere! Piles, to keep, donate, give away, sell! The maybe piles are the largest and the worst! Now that it is started I need to press on and get it done. Maybe a kindle is not such a bad idea, just power down and go to bed! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Any pictures, Addie?

No. And even if I did, they would be hidden in the bowels of the earth. I looked so stupid in that costume. But the pay was good. And the job was fun. My job was to direct the touists to the different sites. They had a large display of parrots from around the world that were free and sitting on a perch. You could buy feed for them and you could feed them by hand after a quick lesson on how to hold your hand. The parrots did talk. And the teenagers of course would try to teach them to swear. The handler in charge of them would step in and let them know that those words were unacceptable. But for the most part, the public would try to teach them their name. :)

Right now it's 7 a.m. and I'm trying to work up the energy to go to my Pilates class. It's not a class that requires a lot of energy, it's just that the older I get the less I want to drive. Especially in the winter. I know it sounds stupid, but it is one thing to put on two pair of pants, a big parka, hat, and gloves to walk to my exercise classes here in town. But to do all that just to walk to the car, drive 5 miles, walk into the gym, undress, take a class, and reverse the process seems a pain in the butt to me.

Right now, procrastinating. In the next three hours I will do three loads of laundry, exercise bike for 20 minutes, more exercises for another 20, clean up kitchen, make some phonecalls for a labor market research I am working on, and hopefully that will bring me up to lunch with no surprises.

Decided to give up on Pilates this morning. The cabbage food line got me going on the thought of Portuguese Bean Soup (Hawaiian style), so I'm getting the ingredients together on that. I'll probably do my regular small weight workout. Went upstairs and told hubby that I'd be staying in this morning (a rare occurence, I seldom skip an exercise class). I just felt cold to my core. I just told him if he wants a sleep-in day to take it, and he and Rosebud seem to be taking me up on the offer. I'm sorting foodstuffs and thinking about a necklace I want to fix for a friend today, hopefully to bring it to her tomorrow. It needed some beads I was going to have to go to Dubuque to buy, but when I looked through my "stash", found what I need! So I'm having a steady-hands day and will work on that.

Last edited:
Right now it's 7 a.m. and I'm trying to work up the energy to go to my Pilates class. It's not a class that requires a lot of energy, it's just that the older I get the less I want to drive. Especially in the winter. I know it sounds stupid, but it is one thing to put on two pair of pants, a big parka, hat, and gloves to walk to my exercise classes here in town. But to do all that just to walk to the car, drive 5 miles, walk into the gym, undress, take a class, and reverse the process seems a pain in the butt to me.

You could try to think of the extra dressing/undressing as extra exercise.:LOL:

Hang on, Claire, spring will be along pretty soon.

And the boots. Don't forget the danged (very important) boots.

waiting for my two great grand babies to get here,. i made sugar cookies and they are going to help me frost. these are my valentine to them. will send all home with them. to many calories for me. they especially love to put on the sprinkles. strawberry frosting so they should be cute. gosh!! i love my babies.

I am doing absolutely everything in the world other than what I should be doing. I am super frustrated with myself about that too! :mad:

And the boots. Don't forget the danged (very important) boots.

You are so right. A few years ago LL Bean had a sale on something they sold as snow clogs. They're extremely warm. But, yes, that's another thing. I have three pair of winter boots. The aforementioned snow clogs, a pair of regular boots, and some dress boots. Since I like to walk, all are really practical ones.

I do NOT regret moving to the northern Midwest. I've lived in Hawaii, California and Florida, and spent much of my life in Virginia. I'd go back to Hawaii in a heart-beat (but my husband didn't like it there), but Florida, California or Virginia. it would really depend upon the community, and I haven't found one I'd love like I do this one. This community has welcomed me in ways no others have. So I put on my winter gear and stomp out.

Have a lawyer prep session today for a deposition I have to give on the 28th. Not looking forward to any of it.

Trying to get enough gumption to get out of this chair & get to work, My thought for the day is why are certain people put into ones lives???

Pretty busy day ahead. Academic upgrading, trip to town for some banking, off to hang with my daughter and do some work on my house. Walk the Malamute. Right now is the calm before I get up and go. Once I start I won't stop until well after dinner tonight. Have a good day, everybody!

Back
Top Bottom