What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am fiddling with my hair.
Apparently today's lumberjacking got some pine sap in my hair and it is quite sticky and feels like I've got the "Alfalfa" thing going on on the side of my head.
I don't even know if shampoo will take this out. Nor do I really feel like washing my hair tonight.
I know what might take it out. Peroxide...

Big, old white patch of hair...

Hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol will dissolve the sap. Even veg oil or mayo will work, too.

Apparently today's lumberjacking got some pine sap in my hair and it is quite sticky and feels like I've got the "Alfalfa" thing going on on the side of my head.
I don't even know if shampoo will take this out. Nor do I really feel like washing my hair tonight.

Unless you're already blond, or want to look like Marilyn Monroe, I'd suggest something like GooGone or peanut butter. WD40 also takes out pine sap.

Last edited:
Gotcha.
I used rubbing alcohol. Of course I had to Google it first... or I might have used peroxide ;)

I just finished slicing up three bell peppers, an onion and a poblano, putting them in a bowl and dousing in oil and a heavy sprinkling of Acapulco Gold, and making sure I had some fajita shells :rolleyes:

I just finished slicing up three bell peppers, an onion and a poblano, putting them in a bowl and dousing in oil and a heavy sprinkling of Acapulco Gold, and making sure I had some fajita shells :rolleyes:

Pray what is this Acapulco Gold you may refer to? I know what I think it is, but does it now come in Rub Form? :cool:

I completed raking the front yard and blvd today. Now mind you, I live on a hillside, so it's all down-hill. Took 4 days. Apparently I am not as fast as I used-to-was-be. A little bit at a time. It's not a horse-race. Will start the back yard tomorrow and then we may get a few days of rain. I could use a breather.

When I was a kid we used to get sap off our hands with anything greasy, like mayo, butter, or veg oil.

I don't think I ever cleaned the sap from my hands when I was a kid :LOL:

I was sitting here thinking what would make a killer sauce for my fajitas. Something I haven't done before. And it hit me, what about those hot sauces someone brought me back from Mexico?

So I took the three small bottles out of the packaging. I opened each, putting a finger over the top for a taste test. I didn't really notice much of a difference between the habernero red, green and orange. So I spooned some sour cream into a container and grabbed the orange bottle, took the top back off and gave it a shake... only to realize that the tops of the bottles were full neck size. No plastic thingy and not necked down like tobasco bottles. Needless to say this is going to be a killer sauce. A taste test gave me the hiccups :shock: And the sour cream is still white!

WE use to have a giant pine tree in front of the condo and it dripped pine sap on our cars all summer. We were outside with a bottle of rubbing alcohol and paper towels just about every day cleaning sap drops off the car. Eventually the tree was removed.

Ooops, pac...haha...yeah, that's gonna be a spicy sauce. :ermm::ohmy:Sounds good though, especially with the sour cream to mellow it out a little bit. Maybe. :LOL:

Laurie, I have had a chronic cough for 15 years...
Could it be from some type of med you are currently on? My Mom had been on some type of heart medication that caused her to cough all the time. I don't remember what it was since this was back in the 1990s. Also, when a previous doctor had switched me from cozaar to lisinopril I developed a dry cough. I would have problems not coughing when I was singing in church choir! I asked one of the other members, who just so happened to be a pharmacist at the local drug store, if there was something that would help with sinus drainage. He got around to asking me if I took any meds regularly. When I mentioned the lisinopril he asked if I took a daily aspirin. When I told him yes he suggested I take it about 10 minutes before the lisinopril because for some odd reason it stops the cough. It worked for me! If you are on any daily meds, you might want to check to see if any of them might cause your cough.

Ooops, pac...haha...yeah, that's gonna be a spicy sauce. :ermm::ohmy:Sounds good though, especially with the sour cream to mellow it out a little bit. Maybe. :LOL:

I was tempted to add more sour cream, but after it was in the fajitas with all the veggies the sauce was tamed.

Andy, I learned when I first moved here not to park under the pine trees for shade. I always wondered how the dealer cleaned all the sap spots off a vehicle I had traded in. It was loaded with tiny sap specks all over, even the windshield. I couldn't imagine someone having to individually attack each spot.

Don't you hate when they take a medicine off the market that works for you? I have had that with a few of mine. It seems the bad stories make it to the powers that be a lot easier than the successes.

I wouldn't have been able to take the Darvocet long term, and certainly not for a cough. I would have had to keep having surgeries for the doctor to keep prescribing them, or buy them on the street corner. I have always wondered what the ingredient was that worked for me.

...Andy, I learned when I first moved here not to park under the pine trees for shade...

We have two assigned parking slots in front of our condo. That's the only option.

Removing petrified pitch is MUCH harder. Rubbing alcohol doesn't do it.

. When I mentioned the lisinopril he asked if I took a daily aspirin. When I told him yes he suggested I take it about 10 minutes before the lisinopril because for some odd reason it stops the cough. It worked for me! If you are on any daily meds, you might want to check to see if any of them might cause your cough.

We have eliminated ace inhibitors that are the cough culprits, and I still coughed. Actually, this started before I was on any meds....back before I started to have health issues. Sometimes Tylenol will help when the coughing gets exceptionally bad. I get some really dirty looks when in a restaurant around flu season. People have asked to be moved to another seat. I don't know if changing when I take my aspirin would help. I guess it's worth a try.

I wouldn't have been able to take the Darvocet long term, and certainly not for a cough. I would have had to keep having surgeries for the doctor to keep prescribing them, or buy them on the street corner. I have always wondered what the ingredient was that worked for me.

What I meant was that if a drug works for people in general, for what it is prescribed for (and if there are positive side effects all the better), it is frustrating when it is pulled. Unless of course there are enough adverse reactions to justify it. I had a perfectly good long term medication pulled and when my doctor investigated it was because there was one death - versus thousands of success stories.

What I meant was that if a drug works for people in general, for what it is prescribed for (and if there are positive side effects all the better), it is frustrating when it is pulled. Unless of course there are enough adverse reactions to justify it. I had a perfectly good long term medication pulled and when my doctor investigated it was because there was one death - versus thousands of success stories.

When a drug gets old enough to become generic, the company that created it loses a lot of revenue because the price drops and no one wants the brand name any more. They create a new drug that is patent protected and start the cycle again.

Back
Top Bottom