"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #9701
Chef Extraordinaire

Last night we had dinner at Ninos an Italian restaurant, it was expensive but very tasty...we then had a couple of drinks in the pub and played some pokes.

Today we got up early and drove to Normanville, Second Valley and Cape Jervis..we shared the driving as it was a long trek, we were out and about nearly all day

We had a lovely lunch at Cape Jervis hotel, I had a carbonara pasta ans Steve had the Cape Burger, delicious!

Now we are going to the pub for a couple of drinks before tea

Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #9702
Chef Extraordinaire

Up at 3 am, cannot sleep, dh tells me that I think to much.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #9703
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I have been up all night. Haven't gone to bed yet. I have to get dressed to go to Winthrop. They need to look at my hand and give me my new meds. The hospital lessened the dosages. Tight now I am waiting for Spike to come by with my half and half for my coffee and my cigarettes. This is going to be a long day.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #9704
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I hate when that happens .. wish my mind was that busy during the day.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #9705
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Last night we had dinner at Ninos an Italian restaurant, it was expensive but very tasty...we then had a couple of drinks in the pub and played some pokes.

Today we got up early and drove to Normanville, Second Valley and Cape Jervis..we shared the driving as it was a long trek, we were out and about nearly all day

We had a lovely lunch at Cape Jervis hotel, I had a carbonara pasta ans Steve had the Cape Burger, delicious!

Now we are going to the pub for a couple of drinks before tea
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time ! I'm so glad you got to take this trip.

Hope you have lots of pictures to share !!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #9706
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Mrs L, I will certainly be putting some photos on to show you guys

Last night we went to the pub and had a few drinks before tea last night, then went to Ninos for pizza, then back to the room and had a bottle of Riesling and a couple of beers, enjoying the view from our room and the air con, then went out for a walk along the beach once it was dark, lovely!

We are heading home today, but this morning we are going to catch the sunrise and take some photos, that will be nice. Then we are having breakfast downstairs in the hotel again, but not a cooked one this time as we have eaten way too much this holiday

Then we are going to play some mini golf, that should be fun! Also a walk around the parts of Victor we haven't been yet since being down here. Then heading through Port Elliot again, but we will look around this time and have morning tea at the bakery, a nice cake and coffee maybe, then probably head home and beat the peak traffic back in the city
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #9707
Executive Chef

Kylie, I feel as if I have taken this trip with you. Thanks for sharing with us all! I can't wait to see the pictures whenever you get the chance to post them.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #9708
Executive Chef

I just got back from a walk around the block with my two golden retrievers. They just love their walks! They are well trained, so I can let them off their leaches and they will listen to voice commands. When a car comes by, I call them to me and say, "walk with me" and they each take their places next to me, one on each side. If I don't see the car until late, I can just tell them to sit and they will sit and wait wherever they are. They are so fun! They run and play together the entire walk.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #9709
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I just got back from a walk around the block with my two golden retrievers. They just love their walks! They are well trained, so I can let them off their leaches and they will listen to voice commands. When a car comes by, I call them to me and say, "walk with me" and they each take their places next to me, one on each side. If I don't see the car until late, I can just tell them to sit and they will sit and wait wherever they are. They are so fun! They run and play together the entire walk.
That is very cool chopper. Goldens are such awesome dogs.

We have a Jack Russell and a mini Doxie .. you ever see that cartoon called Family Circus where the kids take the long and winding road to get to where they are going .. well that's these 2.

I have no hope that it will ever change but we are working on at least getting it a bit less of a challenge to take them on the sidewalks. Right now we can only take them to a park like area.

If only Cesar Milan would stop by LOL
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #9710
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
So glad the doc wanted to do the happy dance! Such great news!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a wonderful feeling!