What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter and I went to get out haircut today. Next to the hair salon is a massage parlor. They have been given notice by the Revere Police Department that the City Council has revoked their license and they have 30 days to vacate the premises. Let's just say they give services that leave you with a happy feeling.

And what's wrong with feeling happy?????

I'm letting my brain and my body argue what I should do next. The body wants to rest after two days of hard labor. The brain wants me to finish cleaning the sunroom since I didn't do that yesterday by getting sidetracked with pretty-ing up the porch after washing it. I wonder if I should just lay down and take a nap and let them decide on their own...

It's a sad late afternoon here. I lost my favorite uncle today.
If it wasn't for his strength he gave me to pick myself up after my brother's suicide.I don't know how I would have coped without him.
My brother was also named after him. It's a bitter sweet thing I suppose.

He kept in constant contact with me.We spoke often.Laughed a lot.
Here I thought I was the one with a wicked sense of humor.I must have gotten it from him.Intentionally!

While on vacation I spotted something a sweet memory of my childhood with a visit from him and bought it. Had it sent to him before we left on our own way home. He absolutely loved it. Placed it in his special cabinet.
It brought him a smile.

Two days later I received his final letter letting me know he was seriously ill. We had just gotten home.I called and we had a nice talk.
He fought it right up to the minute.
He went peacefully. Surrounded by everyone he loved.

How my Mother is going to take it. I don't know.She is the last surviving member of her family @85. I'm still in shock myself.I didn't mention it to her on Mother's Day.Her and I talked about other things.That's the only gift dementia can give.In the now for a minute. Gone the next.

Munky.

I am recuperating from a trip to Costco. I forgot it would be crowded before the long weekend. The parking lot was a zoo. At least they had all the cashes open, so the lines weren't too long. I only got ~$200 worth of stuff, 'cause I don't want to be dragging more stuff up the stairs from the underground parking. I really, really have to make a habit of going more often for smaller loads.

I am recuperating from a trip to Costco. I forgot it would be crowded before the long weekend. The parking lot was a zoo. At least they had all the cashes open, so the lines weren't too long. I only got ~$200 worth of stuff, 'cause I don't want to be dragging more stuff up the stairs from the underground parking. I really, really have to make a habit of going more often for smaller loads.

Is this your way of practicing Masochistic Self Punishment for something you may have done in a past life? Once I went shopping on a Friday which just happened to be the Memorial Day weekend. They had folks stand outside in the freezing rain waiting for someone to come out and get their cart as they unloaded it. Just after I got there, the whole store filled up to capacity and they had to stop letting in customers. They ran out of carriages and had all 32 cash registers open. Never, ever again. I now go at 7 am even if I have to wait a few minutes until they open the doors. A couple of times I have been the only one in the store along with Spike.

Spike and I like to watch the new immigrants shop. When they get to the register, they think they can haggle the prices like they do in their own country. Wouldn't that be fun to do when the lines are nice and long. :angel:

Okay, I'll be waiting to order my meds on Sunday to pick up on Monday, I forgot it was graduation weekend and Costco will be a real zoo. Not too excited about riding my bike over the weekend, either. The traffic is already nuts.

Back
Top Bottom