What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She told me a while back that she was not going to do low carb any more and just eat fewer calories. She is now eating more salads for lunches and skipping or cutting back on starches at dinner.

That's got to make life easier on you in the kitchen. I know low carb works for a lot of people, but I just can't do it.

I firmly believe you should lose weight by reducing your intake of calories, and burning more calories. The reverse is why you gain weight. Makes sense and you don't have to give up an entire food group.

She told me a while back that she was not going to do low carb any more and just eat fewer calories. She is now eating more salads for lunches and skipping or cutting back on starches at dinner.

Good for her. She is finding her own way. :angel:

I have had a very pleasant day. I put on a two hour You Tube of Mozart and listened to it while I do some pokey stuff around the apartment.

I did manage to get the two small rugs in the bathroom washed today.

I had cut out several of the Cains Mayo coupons. Since those coupons bring the final price down to $.99, I am going to get five jars for the church food bank. I try to spend $10.00 every month. This month they will be getting extra. :angel:

Need to cut the lawns before the elephants move in. It's needed doing for a fortnight but the weather has been awful. Beautiful sunny day today so I did Horse this morning and came home to attack the grass this afternoon. I got out the mower and extension lead and plugged it all in. Put on my stable boots to protect my toes.....and a thick black cloud appeared and started raining cats and dogs.

(Sigh) Now considering offering safari holidays

I firmly believe you should lose weight by reducing your intake of calories, and burning more calories. The reverse is why you gain weight. Makes sense and you don't have to give up an entire food group.

I agree. But there is a pesky hormone called leptin that can cause a problem for some people. Unfortunately the 'experts' haven't agreed on if or when it should be treated----- but it certainly can play havoc in some people.

For now---- less calories. And as much exercise as you can do.

I'm eating a really late lunch. Some Italian potato salad with lots of grilled veggies, sliced poached chicken with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, and some warmed-up leftover baked beans. Need to get my paper written for my writing class tonight.

Need to cut the lawns before the elephants move in. It's needed doing for a fortnight but the weather has been awful. Beautiful sunny day today so I did Horse this morning and came home to attack the grass this afternoon. I got out the mower and extension lead and plugged it all in. Put on my stable boots to protect my toes.....and a thick black cloud appeared and started raining cats and dogs.

(Sigh) Now considering offering safari holidays

I thought I saw a couple of zebras on your property along with the wilder beasts. Looks like they are looking for water. :angel:

The question is "What are you doing?" I am sitting here listening to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Thanks to You Tube. This morning I listened to Mozart and Strauss. :angel:

CWS left my place almost an hour ago. We had a great time. After the luncheon we went grocery shopping and bought some slightly unusual stuff. I will have to ask if she ended up with 2 dozen sesame seed bagels, instead of 1 dozen, 'cause I can't find my bag. :ermm::LOL: Well, at least the store that sells them is less than two blocks from me.

Addie, no, I'm not the treasurer of the Danish Club anymore. It was fun while I did it, but I'm glad to be relieved of that source of stress.

taxy, glad you and CW had fun today. I need to find some "fun".

I'm resting muscles between jobs. Washed the porch walls down today - ooo, so clean :) . Still need to finish the sunroom roof panels, windows, and sliding door (4, 4 and 1 respectively) before I can move the rest of the furniture back in. But first, fix dinner. Himself is trying to finish up the grass cutting before it gets too dark. They're predicting rain most days for the next week worth of days. Where the heck did I put my old mask and snorkel...:wacko:

Well CG if you find your gear, maybe mine is there too! We used to have two snorkel/mask sets and I can't either one.

I am pleasantly tired today too. Planted a whole bunch of stuff. If I can figure out how to link my pix I'll post 'em.

OK, here's a dropbox link. Hope that works. There are more photos, just haven't posted them all yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/photos

Last edited:
Well CG if you find your gear, maybe mine is there too! We used to have two snorkel/mask sets and I can't either one....
At first, when I read "gear", I thought you meant my mojo, as in get my rear in gear! :LOL: I checked - my mask and snorkel are on the top shelf in the garage. After sitting and eating my body said "enough". I think the sunroom will have to wait till tomorrow.

BTW Alix, the link doesn't let me view your photos. I was able to sign in to my own account. Your pictures weren't there. ;)

I'm listening to Montreal Habs fans honking their horns. The Habs beat the Boston Bruins to win this 2nd series of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
hapydancsmil.gif

I just finished breakfast. Had to have some of the hummus and seasoned pita chips I made last night. OMG, they're so good! I had to put them away before I ate them all! I'm adding more pita bread to my grocery list. Time to get ready to go grocery shopping. We're out of coffee and we just can't have that! ;)

Congratulations! Montreal outplayed Boston.

While I am not a Habs fan, being a Canuck's fan I am even less of a fan of Boston (sorry, Andy - I do love the Red Soxs!). And I agree that with what I saw of the last two games, Montreal was clearly the stronger team.

Today I am going to the Y to finalize my prize and will hopefully get some pool time in as well.

Back
Top Bottom