What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, congrats on being the winner! What type of competition was it? Nice tv! That's what size I have also. I love it! I just ordered a bluetooth adapter for the tv. It hooks into the headphone jack and will broadcast to my wireless headphones. Some shows, the sound quality is so poor that I can't understand what is being said unless I crank up the sound to a level I'm sure the neighbors must be able to hear. I'm hoping the bluetooth adapter will resolve that problem.

Thank you! It was just a bog standard enter your details and good luck kinda thing! I in no way thought I'd win. Funny story, I actually deleted the email saying I'd won thinking it was spam, 5 days later they emailed me again asking to confirm otherwise they'd pick another winner. Luckily I actually read that one!!!
I've got it in my bedroom, which isn't exactly huge, so being this up close with full HD goodness is amazing. I used to have a 22" full hd tv before getting this, and I thought the quality on that was great. But those extra 10" make the biggest difference! I'm in love!
I use headphones with it too. I have an extender cable for a decent Sony pair, I just hate tv speakers, I find most of the time the quality is really rubbish. Talking will be too quite/sound effects are too loud and vice versa. Like you said, to get it to a decent sound, it needs to be quite loud, which I don't think my neighbors would like either!

Thank you! It was just a bog standard enter your details and good luck kinda thing! I in no way thought I'd win. Funny story, I actually deleted the email saying I'd won thinking it was spam, 5 days later they emailed me again asking to confirm otherwise they'd pick another winner. Luckily I actually read that one!!!
I've got it in my bedroom, which isn't exactly huge, so being this up close with full HD goodness is amazing. I used to have a 22" full hd tv before getting this, and I thought the quality on that was great. But those extra 10" make the biggest difference! I'm in love!
I use headphones with it too. I have an extender cable for a decent Sony pair, I just hate tv speakers, I find most of the time the quality is really rubbish. Talking will be too quite/sound effects are too loud and vice versa. Like you said, to get it to a decent sound, it needs to be quite loud, which I don't think my neighbors would like either!
Yep, in most shows, the talking in the show is muffled and so indistinct that I can't understand a word of what is being said unless I crank it to silly levels. I love my bluetooth headphones! They work to about 100 feet, so I can walk all over the house with them on without losing any of the show.

And for you that live in Canada, we also have firefighters here to honor him along with more than two thousand from all over the country. Thank you.

A few years ago we had fires raging through the central region of our province (several years in a row actually but one particularly bad one). Firefighters from all over the world, mainly Australia and the States, came to our aid. We lost a few of our own and the memorial service was attended by no less than 3,000 firefighters from all over North America and the world. It was very touching indeed. I am glad we reciprocated. :)

Yep, in most shows, the talking in the show is muffled and so indistinct that I can't understand a word of what is being said unless I crank it to silly levels. I love my bluetooth headphones! They work to about 100 feet, so I can walk all over the house with them on without losing any of the show.

That's awesome. Might have to get me a pair of those!
I love technology. Some might even say I'm a bit obsessed with it! I'm not one for surround sound systems though... Don't know why but it just doesn't interest me.
Currently working on my blu-ray collection. I love it!

I am TIRED of waiting for people to do stuff in my house.

I totally relate, Alix! Three years ago when we had our sewage flood we were waiting on the different parties to decide who was responsible for what, and then for them to actually do the work. Finally, waiting, as you are, for the inspectors. I would raise my cup of decaf latte to you, but unfortunately my Tassimo decided to not cooperate this morning (see that thread) and I will be spending a half hour cleaning it and then won't have time to relax with a cuppa! :mad:

I am going to meet a young woman for lunch today I mentored her through our youth group while she was in high school but have not seen her for several years. We connected on Facebook and she wants me back in her life. :)

That's awesome. Might have to get me a pair of those!
I love technology. Some might even say I'm a bit obsessed with it! I'm not one for surround sound systems though... Don't know why but it just doesn't interest me.
Currently working on my blu-ray collection. I love it!

Here's the ones I have. They're also rechargeable and when you get a call, it stops the music or tv and you can answer by tapping the headphone. When you hang up, it resumes what you had on before:
Motorola S305 Wireless Headphones

I'm extremely pleased with them!

Last edited:
Downloaded a Jacquie Lawson Advent calendar onto grandson's laptop. He's having a ball with it.

We are going to cook our lunch together. We are cooking our lunch together today. We are making mac and cheese with hot dogs in it.

Downloaded a Jacquie Lawson Advent calendar onto grandson's laptop. He's having a ball with it.

We are going to cook our lunch together. We are cooking our lunch together today. We are making mac and cheese with hot dogs in it.
Andy, do you have the link for that? I would love it for my neighbour's granddaughter. She spends a lot of time here playing on my computer. I love Jacquie Lawson's work.

Andy, you're such a good grampa! Your grandson is lucky to have you.

The worst offenders are on PBS and the English Masterpiece series. My first husband was a Scotsman and I could understand his very heavy brogue easily. But some of the actors on these series I swear just mumble to annoy me. Turning the sound up doesn't help at all. All I get is very loud mumbling. :rolleyes:

JoAnn, what types of fudge did she make? I have several of my Mom's recipes (I wrote them down or I would be in the same boat), and a divine divinity recipe from an old auxiliary cookbook that was handed down to me.

Oh, and congratulations on the shopping - I am only half way there but the rest are quite easy.

Just thought I would let you know I think I found the recipe for fudge my mother made. I guess the recipe was on Hershey's Cocoa container many years ago. I read some of the reviews and it sure sounds like this is it. I am going to give it a try.
http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/5303/Rich-Cocoa-Fudge.aspx

Regarding beavers and the color brown: for those of you who have not yet seen a real living beaver, this young one one was up on our property two years ago, on March 30th, checking out a few tasty young trees. Twas a rare sighting, and I managed to get close for a pic.

BeavSnow.JPG

as were these two lovelies.

Deer2Spring.JPG

When you live on a wilderness pond, many many life forms visit. For them, survival is a wild pond in an undeveloped forest. I just love living here.

as were these two lovelies.

Deer2Spring.JPG

When you live on a wilderness pond, many many life forms visit. For them, survival is a wild pond in an undeveloped forest. I just love living here.
When my youngest son lived in Vermont, at dusk every day he would see the deer come on his property. In the winter he would put out a salt lick for them. They were cutting across on their way to the water a little further down from his property. Nothing can beat Mother Nature.

We aren't getting the wildlife around the facility that we have had in the past. So much construction going on around the hospital, they have picked a different route through to the river. I'll have to go for a walk up on Campus to see the deer. Besides, the weather has not been cooperating and I bet they are finding enough to eat without coming into town this year.

Back
Top Bottom