What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sitting here trying to avoid dealing with the beer bottle that froze and burst in the back of the fridge. I HATE when that happens.

i got back from a Participant Meeting of the health plan belong to. It was very productive. A lot of problems got addrressed.

I got up thinking today was my pre-op appointment. Instead it was for the meeting. Tomorrow is the pre-op appt. I have so many things scheduled on my calendar this month that keeping them straight is a nightmare. Different paper work for each.

My doctor needs to get me back on the glipizide fast. My sugars are just too high for my liking. Fortunately I have an appointment nex week with him. :)
Do you have calendar software? I use Google Calendar. I have it send me email reminders of my appointments. Google Calendar

Sitting here trying to avoid dealing with the beer bottle that froze and burst in the back of the fridge. I HATE when that happens.

What a pain in the neck! I bought this fridge with "Spill Catcher" shelves. However these "Spill Catcher" shelves don't do much good when the bottle explodes and the root beer runs down the back wall to all the other shelves where the items there are all sitting in brown sweet liquid.

What a pain in the neck! I bought this fridge with "Spill Catcher" shelves. However these "Spill Catcher" shelves don't do much good when the bottle explodes and the root beer runs down the back wall to all the other shelves where the items there are all sitting in brown sweet liquid.

My first question is why are bottle of liquids exploding in your fridge? Do you have it set for too cold? I try to keep up with cleaning the fridge with spot cleaning. Then about every six months, I take everything out and clean it from top to bottom. And that means wiping everything off that is going back into the fridge. It is a lot of work I admit, but has to be done. Spot cleaning doesn't always do the job. My sympathies are with you. I am sure cleaning the whole fridge was not in your plans for the day. :(:(

My first question is why are bottle of liquids exploding in your fridge? Do you have it set for too cold? I try to keep up with cleaning the fridge with spot cleaning. Then about every six months, I take everything out and clean it from top to bottom. And that means wiping everything off that is going back into the fridge. It is a lot of work I admit, but has to be done. Spot cleaning doesn't always do the job. My sympathies are with you. I am sure cleaning the whole fridge was not in your plans for the day. :(:(

The bottle was at the back of the top shelf and the fridge was probably set too high. I've turned it down a notch.

I clean my fridge regularly too. Even if I had cleaned it yesterday, it would have done no good. Based on evidence, the root beer bottle burst earlier this morning as I saw chunks of frozen root beer as I was cleaning.

I find this especially useful for finding those pesky outdated items that seem to hide behind everything, avoiding the garbage bag. :LOL:

OH!

and i'm currently putting together a meal menu for my friends daycare. PB&J has gone OUT the door!

I am totally immersed in my mother's family tree! For years I have been working on my Dad's because I wanted to answer some questions for him while he was still with us. I still have lots to do there and will for myself but I think it is going to take a trip to MA to get the answers I want and (sorry GB and all the other Bostonians) it won't be for awhile.

So, anyway, two days after Dad passed away I got a note through Ancestry.ca regarding my Mom and her mother's family. I of course wasn't in the mindset then and told her I would write back as soon as I could. I also have lost my data file with generations and hours of work on all sides of my family. I was reconstructing Dad's but not Mom's.

Then a month ago I get another note through Ancestry that another woman is interested in my Mom's fathers side! She was mentioning names of people my Mom corresponded in England and how interested she is in finding out more. I wrote her saying I would have to have time to re-enter a ton of information but that didn't stop her. She has emailed information and questions about 3 times and mailed me some charts and pictures.

This is just what I needed, specially after just finishing my pain program, and with the throat conditions and sciatica (triggered from the kidney pain). I can just sit at the computer and play. I am in the middle of writing both these ladies information that I only know through my Mom and what I have in my tree files.

So if I am not here much, I am totally fine. I don't get email notifications anymore from DC (since I installed the app on my phone). And I forget to check in. I love you guys, and will do my best to switch over once in awhile! :cool:

So Ancestry is actually as good as it seems?

I had a free trial last year, and I couldn't find anything. I blamed it on being Canadian.
(How do you not find a big military family, hah)

I'm doing some bookkeeping for a tax client, so I can prepare her income tax. She has a catering service.

I came across an item on an invoice that had me scratching my head. It's in French, but that's usually not a problem. It was for "Lot de culs de poule". Now I know what I thought it was, but this was from an auction, so it didn't seem likely that it was food. I used Google translate and got, "batch of chicken ass", which is a very literal translation. :LOL:

I Googled and found out that it means round bottomed bowls, usually made of stainless steel:

cul_poule20_gd.jpg

"Honey, get me one of those containers from the batch of chicken ass":LOL::LOL: I'm going to try that tonight when I ask for a bowl.

I'm doing some bookkeeping for a tax client, so I can prepare her income tax. She has a catering service.

I came across an item on an invoice that had me scratching my head. It's in French, but that's usually not a problem. It was for "Lot de culs de poule". Now I know what I thought it was, but this was from an auction, so it didn't seem likely that it was food. I used Google translate and got, "batch of chicken ass", which is a very literal translation. :LOL:

I Googled and found out that it means round bottomed bowls, usually made of stainless steel:

cul_poule20_gd.jpg

I like the literal translation better.

taxlady said:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom