What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
I hope you used pet screen this time. I've replaced all my screens with pet screen and even Tyson can't bust through it. So now, instead of tearing it up, Orange Julius pulls it off the frame!

We made a 'doggie door' in our scrren door a few years ago. We have to change th screen flap every year, but that is better than the whole screen.

I hope you used pet screen this time. I've replaced all my screens with pet screen and even Tyson can't bust through it. So now, instead of tearing it up, Orange Julius pulls it off the frame!
I thought about getting pet screen. I can't remember for sure why I didn't get it. I bought it about two years ago - I procrastinate, as you can tell. I think the pet screen cost three or four times as much as the regular kind. I remember talking to the guy at the store and he may have recommended a heavy duty screen as being as good as the pet screen for much less.

I slept through the night okay. But now I can't move or stay still - pills, a massage with muscle cream, nothing is working. I really want to be in the kitchen today just to be there but at the moment I am not sure if I can do that. Its not that I feel I need to be there,nor will I do more than guide them but at the moment I can't walk to the bathroom so if I go anywhere it will be to the er or doctor
Oh man, that sucks. I sure hope you feel better soon.

I'm looking over the grocery store ads before I go shopping. I am also looking for a cup of ice café au lait that I misplaced. I remember picking it up to go look at the ads, but I don't remember putting it down. I made another cup, so it should show up soon. Back to the ads now.

Both of my neices showed up from minnesota today. We are all going about 30 miles south of town to a small fair. Have to get home early as tomorrow is the first day of school for the daughter.

Andy, I am about to start making a Lemon Cake :chef:

Mine is a Lemon Yoghurt Cake :)

I am making a nice Lemon frosting for mine...are you making a frosting/icing or making a syrup?

...I am making a nice Lemon frosting for mine...are you making a frosting/icing or making a syrup?

My lemon cake came from Alix. Her recipe is great. You can find it here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f41/lemon-cake-68495.html

The cake comes with a sort of glaze. Dissolve sugar in lemon juice, poke holes in the cake when done and still hot then pour the juice over the surface and let it soak in.

PS: I doubled the zest for the cake and increased the lemon juice and sugar for the drizzle each by 50% as I am a lemon freak.

Last edited:
Survived the second day of back to work after having some summer off. I'm not nearly as exhausted as I was yesterday.

Last edited:
Mission accomplished. I only did the bottom section. Now it's up to Stirling to take off two patio doors, so I can put the screen door back.
I came home from four hours of shopping. :ermm: I hate shopping. Man am I pooped. I looked for a micro plane at the kitchen supply store, at the hardware store, and at Aries (a chefs' supply store). No luck, but they told me at Aries that they do have them at their new location, just the other side of the highway. But, by then I was so pooped out that I wasn't willing to go to another store. Going to the gas station for "cheapie Thursday" was all I could manage.

I got home and found that Stirling had installed the screen door. w00t! I have only been home for an hour and the house is already noticeably cooler, now that I have a window and the patio door open.

taxlady said:
I came home from four hours of shopping. :ermm: I hate shopping. Man am I pooped. I looked for a micro plane at the kitchen supply store, at the hardware store, and at Aries (a chefs' supply store). No luck, but they told me at Aries that they do have them at their new location, just the other side of the highway. But, by then I was so pooped out that I wasn't willing to go to another store. Going to the gas station for "cheapie Thursday" was all I could manage.

I got home and found that Stirling had installed the screen door. w00t! I have only been home for an hour and the house is already noticeably cooler, now that I have a window and the patio door open.

It's always so nice to get a good surprise! Glad things worked out, except for the microplane...

Dawgluver said:
Survived the second day of back to work after having some summer off. I'm not nearly as exhausted as I was yesterday.

I made it through the second day with kids. I've been back since last Friday. A glass of wine and some time on the glider helps me when I e had a long day. Just sayin...

chopper said:
I made it through the second day with kids. I've been back since last Friday. A glass of wine and some time on the glider helps me when I e had a long day. Just sayin...

Oh yeah.

Did you ever find the other coffee?:rolleyes:

Yes when my tapioca shows up the coffee will...

Heh, I knew what episode you were talking about TL! A favorite, right after "How To Serve Man".

PrincessFiona60 said:
Yes when my tapioca shows up the coffee will...

Heh, I knew what episode you were talking about TL! A favorite, right after "How To Serve Man".

My fave!

Back
Top Bottom