What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting myself all wound up and anxious for the next heart test this afternoon.

Is that a requirement? Here I thought they just made you run on a treadmill. ;)
Seriously though, isn't this the one you get to sleep through? It will be a breeze! You'll have the prayers and good wishes of so many of us here you'll float on angel wings. {{{{{PF}}}}}

I'm giggling about my breakfast choices (coffee x2, tomato juice, mars bar cupcake and leftover salad) and thinking I'm probably going to be featured in today's edition of the weird breakfast choices blog. I'm going to spend some quality time out on my deck soaking in all the sunshine I can. All too soon it will be winter again and my vitamin D level will plummet!

Getting myself all wound up and anxious for the next heart test this afternoon.

Now what would you say if it was me? Well, that advice goes for you also. Calm down. Everything is going to be all right. I have been through all of the tests including a cath and a quint bypass. And I am still here for the sole purpose of worrying about you. And you know that isn't good for me. You are going to do just fine. Just like I did. :angel:

I just finished a couple of projects I started over the weekend. The biggie was making stock. I made multiple meat stock ... that is to say, I had the carcass of a chicken, a couple of pork steak bones, one huge bone from a porterhouse. To that I added two big packages of marrow bones, carrots, celery, onions and garlic. All the raw bones I roasted for a couple of hours. Popped the marrow into a bowl and gave to husband with some good bread for lunch (he was in heaven!). I strained last night and left overnight in the fridge so I could take off the fat. So that's what I did today, dealt with the fat and made up 4 quarts of mixed meat stock. Husband nuked some to see how it tasted .... wow. Great. I don't salt my stock until I use it, but it is very tasty already.

What a mess, though. Have been cleaning the kitchen over and over and over again!

Now what would you say if it was me? Well, that advice goes for you also. Calm down. Everything is going to be all right. I have been through all of the tests including a cath and a quint bypass. And I am still here for the sole purpose of worrying about you. And you know that isn't good for me. You are going to do just fine. Just like I did. :angel:
Addie, you are awesome! PF, listen to her - you will be fine (but you have my love, hugs, thoughts prayers too!)

Wow Claire. You sure has been one busy lady. I wish I could get back into the cooking mood. I have to bake two apple pies and I keep stalling. And I want to make a big pan of Mac and Cheese for this weekend.

Friday, my daughter is going to have the staples removed and she is scared. I am going to ask her if she wants me to go with her. I think it might help since I have had staples a few times myself. I wish my youngest son would go with her. He can talk to her doctors again. They will have the pathology report by then.

I just had a brainstorm. My girlfriend's ex-husband is up here from Atlanta also to get his radiation treatment at Mass. Gen Hosp. The same hospital my daughter goes to. I think I will ask him to join us for the party in her yard. He has his wife with him. I will have to ask my daughter first. This is the man I baked a cake for and he had no idea who did it until my girlfriend told him. We have never talked or even met. :angel:

Addie, I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers as she gets both the results and the staples removed. And you are always in them (thoughts and prayers).

Addie, we're thinking positive thoughts for your daughter.

Thank you to both of you. What is so upsetting right now is that they went through the cancer thing with her husband. When they found it, they gave him three months at the most. He has been in remission for more than five years to date. But she is remembering all the hard days that she went through with him when he was getting chemo. Sitting by the bedside when he was so sick. Sitting in the hospital for hours while he got the chemo. And she knows what she is facing. But I think what is scaring her the most is what it did to her husband. It has left him in really bad shape. He is in constant pain. It takes him more than an hour to get out of bed each day. And his thought process is really out of whack. And everyone sees it along with him. He can't stand for more than a few minutes. And to make even the simplest decision is so difficult for him. She is afraid that she will end up like him. Then who will take care of the both of them.

He is terrified that he is going to lose her. He keeps crying every so often. That isn't helping her any at all. And all the company that keeps showing up is draining her of her strength. My daughter and her husband need time alone to abosrb all of this. I haven't been to see her since she got home from the hospital. She has enough company. But I do call her each day. And she knows if she really needs me I will come in a flash. Her daughter has moved home. But she is starting nursing school and will be busy with her studyinig. Her son lives downstairs and is doing what he can. He works full time so he is not home during the day. His girlfriend who lives with him has been helping with the cooking. God bless her. She is not the worlds best cook, but she is trying.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. Thank you everyone. It really helps me to know I have so many folks that care. This has been a shock to me almost as bad as when my youngest daughter was murdered. I am over the worst of it and am ready to face what ever comes. She is my first born. I will not lose her. :angel:

Last edited:
LPBeier said:
Addie, you are awesome! PF, listen to her - you will be fine (but you have my love, hugs, thoughts prayers too!)

+ 1

I know you studied hard for this test, PF! Hope all is well!

I wasn't the test but the results I am anxious over. I just laid there and the tech looked at my heart with ultrasound...no treadmill, thank goodness. The hardest thing I had to do was hold my breath a few times. Now is the real hard part...waiting for the results. Once again, the tech said nothing. But at least I got to watch most of it this time.

Thanks for all the support!

I wasn't the test but the results I am anxious over. I just laid there and the tech looked at my heart with ultrasound...no treadmill, thank goodness. The hardest thing I had to do was hold my breath a few times. Now is the real hard part...waiting for the results. Once again, the tech said nothing. But at least I got to watch most of it this time.

Thanks for all the support!

Well, I am certainly glad you behaved yourself during the test. Otherwise I would have had to send you to bed ALONE and told you to turn over and face the wall.

I was surprised to hear that the ultrasound for my stomach was not so good. I thought it was just going to be a waste of time. I just went to humor the doctor. Silly me. But then when I went for the cath lookysee, it wasn't as bad as the ultrasound made it out to be. So in the end it was all for nothing after all. And yours will come back with good results also. Stop worryinig. :angel:

PrincessFiona60 said:
But, but...if they have to give me a pig valve...I'll never be able to eat bacon again!:pig:

Dad got a pig valve. Did him well, and he did love him his bacon!

Oh, PF, sure hope things work out!

{{{hugs}}}

Back
Top Bottom