What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LP, I am so pleased to hear you are headache free after so many days with that nasty migraine..I so hope it keeps at bay

I am basking in the joy of a new grandchild.

Erica Rose was born a few hours ago. She's welcomed by her mom and dad and 5 brothers. Ah, the testosterone wave has been broken!:LOL:

She was 10 lb., 2 oz., 21 inches long and everyone is doing splendidly!!!!

I knew all along the baby was going to be a girl and squirreled away all sorts of "girlie" things. Mom and dad didn't want to know until the arrival day so they got their surprise.

I can't imagine how intimidating little Erica's boyfriends will be when they want to take her out. Five brothers to check him out....whew! One thing's for sure, she'll be a tough little cookie.

Does anyone have ten cents worth energy they can spare? I am off to a slow start this morning. I think a second cup of coffee might do it. We have some serious rain coming our way and I am very achey today. Not just my joints, but my muscles also.

I want to vacuum the back room. I have my clean tissues all over the floor. Those are the ones I just love to wash because I don't bother to check the pockets before they go into the wash. Then when I shake out the wet laundry, SNOW TIME! When will I learn? I should buy clothes that have no pockets.

When the kids were small, I would go through the house picking up small items and putting them in my pockets. Do you have any idea how many time I would leave the house with an odd sock, small toys, loose change and other strange items in my pockets? My intention was to put them where they belonged. But they never made it in a timely manner and before I left the house.

Last night I wanted to make some cookie dough and prepare it for the freezer. It never happened. I fell asleep at the computer. I woke up when my head hit the keyboard.

I just talked to my daughter. She started her chemo medicine this week. She took the first pill Monday night. She took it too early in the evening and felt lousy all day yesterday. So last night she took it just before her head hit the pillow. Today she feels much better. She takes it for five days each month. Talking to her gave me enough energy to get out into the kitchen and make those Michael Symonns chocolate cookies. I have all the ingredients on hand. Even the really dark chocolate chips.

So now you know what I am doing. What about you? :angel:

Congratulations, Katie! Erica Rose is a beautiful name. And at that birth weight she will be able to hold her own with all those brothers! :)

I will send you a picture of wool colours!

I am very excited to be up feeling rested and without ANY form of headache! I am also looking forward to going to my in-laws for a potato pancake lunch. Sadly I didn't get MIL's cake done, but since 3 of us need to watch our sugar intake and it would have to be gluten/dairy/egg free for it's probably for the best! :LOL:

I am very excited to be up feeling rested and without ANY form of headache! I am also looking forward to going to my in-laws for a potato pancake lunch. Sadly I didn't get MIL's cake done, but since 3 of us need to watch our sugar intake and it would have to be gluten/dairy/egg free for it's probably for the best! :LOL:

I love potato pancakes. YUM! :angel:

Up and just taking the day slowly. I had a bit of a scare yesterday as Mom went AWOL from a trip she went on with her seniors place. The good news is she had enough problem solving skills to call her driver to come get her when she missed the bus. The bad news is everyone was pretty freaked when they couldn't find her and spent several hours searching, calling police etc etc. Problem solving she has cased, we'll just work on her communication skills now.

I've got lots of chores to do around home today, but I'm going to take things sloooowly.

Up and just taking the day slowly. I had a bit of a scare yesterday as Mom went AWOL from a trip she went on with her seniors place. The good news is she had enough problem solving skills to call her driver to come get her when she missed the bus. The bad news is everyone was pretty freaked when they couldn't find her and spent several hours searching, calling police etc etc. Problem solving she has cased, we'll just work on her communication skills now.

I've got lots of chores to do around home today, but I'm going to take things sloooowly.

Alix how scary. I remember when I had Girl Scouts, the rule from GS headquarters was; for every six girls there had to be one adult when on a field trip. And you used the Buddy System. I realize that for the seniors, it involves a paid staff unless they have volunteers. So that rule can be expensive.

May I ask how old is your mother? Sounds like she is still able to be aware of when she needs help. And not afraid to ask. So glad it turned out all right in the end. :angel:

Aging parents are a lot like teenagers, you reach a point where you have to just let them go and trust that they will make safe choices!

GMail Phone

So I have a question. As stated in an earlier post, I had to make some choices regarding my phone. I am entitled to one free cell phone provided and paid for by the goverment for senior citizens. It is considered a Lifeline. On my landline I had a discount called Lifeline which was a discount on my basic cost of my phone. It amounted to $17.00 a month. A long time ago I trimmed my phone bill by getting rid of all the extras that I never used. Conference call, Caller ID with the name and number calling showing, etc. I kept just the number. That cost only $5.00 a month., plus the basic costs. If I chose the cell phone, then I had to get rid of the Lifeline on my land line. That would have brought my phone bill to $25.00 or more a month. More than I could really afford. So I got rid of the land line. So now I have only my cell phone. I am really good about keeping it plugged in.

So now here's the question. GMail offers a free phone service via the computer. I can call anywhere in the US and Canada. No minutes or other restrictions that now apply to my cell phone. I have a mike and a camera if needed. Along with any other equipment. Do any of you have this service? And if so, are you happy with it? I would use it only for outgoing calls and save my cell minutes for incoming calls. I already have a GMail account. It is how I receive my EMails from DC. Any feedback would be appreciated.:angel:

Aging parents are a lot like teenagers, you reach a point where you have to just let them go and trust that they will make safe choices!

Yep, learned that one a while ago. Had to get Mom into a place where she could have the level of care required, and yet maintain as much of her independence as possible. She is thriving there and has improved DRAMATICALLY since we got her into this facility.

Addie, Mom is 83 and has Alzheimers. She is, however, on a really amazing medication which has stalled out her progression with the disease. She is so much more my Mom these days and is clearly much happier with her life. She does still find ways to scare the stuffing out of all of us periodically though!

Yep, learned that one a while ago. Had to get Mom into a place where she could have the level of care required, and yet maintain as much of her independence as possible. She is thriving there and has improved DRAMATICALLY since we got her into this facility.

Addie, Mom is 83 and has Alzheimers. She is, however, on a really amazing medication which has stalled out her progression with the disease. She is so much more my Mom these days and is clearly much happier with her life. She does still find ways to scare the stuffing out of all of us periodically though!

They are making a lot of progress with Alzheimer's. I see it at Winthrop all the time. A lot of the Daycare patients are such just because of the medications they are given. They come each day mainly to receive their meds and on weekends and holidays arrangements are made for someone in the family to check on them and make sure they take them. Thus they are able to stay in their own homes. :angel:

So now here's the question. GMail offers a free phone service via the computer. I can call anywhere in the US and Canada. No minutes or other restrictions that now apply to my cell phone. I have a mike and a camera if needed. Along with any other equipment. Do any of you have this service? And if so, are you happy with it? I would use it only for outgoing calls and save my cell minutes for incoming calls. I already have a GMail account. It is how I receive my EMails from DC. Any feedback would be appreciated.:angel:
I use the Gmail phone service occasionally. Sometimes the sound quality is good, other times, not so much. It worked fine when I was calling my sister in Denmark. Their international long distance rates are quite good. It is also handy for calling some (800) numbers - the ones that aren't accessible from a Canadian phone.

I use the Gmail phone service occasionally. Sometimes the sound quality is good, other times, not so much. It worked fine when I was calling my sister in Denmark. Their international long distance rates are quite good. It is also handy for calling some (800) numbers - the ones that aren't accessible from a Canadian phone.

Well, I won't be making any international calls, that is for sure. I am lucky to know my next door neighbor. The only foreign country I may call is Canada. And those calls are free. Yes, I am one of those Americans who remember that Canada is not a part of America. It is a separate country and a foreign one at that. Different type of goverment, sometimes different language. I just may give Gmail phone service a try. I will have my son set it up for me. Oh dear. Another phone number to memorize. I have really gotten lazy trying to remember phone numbers. Anytime soneone asks for a phone number, my answer is usually, "Memory 9". Or what ever number I have it entered on my phone. Thanks for the reply. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom