What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm an auntie again! Baby Bro and SIL had a healthy baby boy today! (actually, I think SIL did all the work.)

Thanks! I found it funny that the mother of my new nephew "liked" my announcement post on FB. From the hospital, after just giving birth. I told her to go back to bed.

Last edited:
Thanks! I found it funny that the mother of my new nephew "liked" my announcement post on FB. From the hospital, after just giving birth. I told her to go back to bed.

Conga-Rats Auntie Dawg! Baby have a name or is he just "Baby" like Beagle is "Beagle"?

PrincessFiona60 said:
Conga-Rats Auntie Dawg! Baby have a name or is he just "Baby" like Beagle is "Beagle"?

Apparently a major issue. SIL figures he will get a name in time for college, Baby Bro is stressing, he wants something unique. I figure the kid won't answer to anything for awhile, sorta like a young puppy, so they can take their time.

Last edited:
I have been very busy doing housework but I have also spent lots of time out side as it is a lovely day here...I have been sweeping up outside, cleaning the outdoor setting, doing some watering, a bit of a tidy up :)

Have also cleaned all the windows on the car and vaccummed the inside, busy day for me!

Looking forward to dinner, we are going out to an Indian Restaurant, YAY..no cooking ;)

I'm waiting for the Space Shuttle flyover which should be happening in just a few minutes over several local areas here. I'm at work but I've got my binoculars in case I need them. They'll be flying low at only 1500 ft altitude.

I'm waiting for the Space Shuttle flyover which should be happening in just a few minutes over several local areas here. I'm at work but I've got my binoculars in case I need them. They'll be flying low at only 1500 ft altitude.

Re the relocation of the Shuttle - I feel very curmudgeonly say so, but that seems to me like a gigantic waste of money, especially these days. I'd rather they kept the shuttles in Houston or the Cape and let people go to them.

2nd thought, the Shuttle on top of the jet reminded me of a London double-decker bus.

img_1188257_0_8afea8cab1eee775861578538878e6cc.jpg

I'm laying low today. Woke up with a horrible cold. Dang cold nights finally grabbed hole of me. :(

Re the relocation of the Shuttle - I feel very curmudgeonly say so, but that seems to me like a gigantic waste of money, especially these days. I'd rather they kept the shuttles in Houston or the Cape and let people go to them.

2nd thought, the Shuttle on top of the jet reminded me of a London double-decker bus.

This old song sort of sums up my feelings about the end of the space race and America's current situation "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime," lyrics by Yip Harburg, music by Jay Gorney (1931)

Once I built a railroad, I made it run, made it race against time.
Once I built a railroad; now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?
Once I built a tower, up to the sun, brick, and rivet, and lime;
Once I built a tower, now it's done. Brother, can you spare a dime?

It's time to wake up America! :ermm::ohmy::(

I can't help wondering why we spent all that money just to reach the moon. I agree, we got some great products as a result of the space program. And we got some great heroes for kids to admire. But I would have rather seen some of that money go for education. :angel:

Good morning!

It is a lovely Saturday morning here, going to be very warm and sunny

We are just about to head out and look for some new curtains and blinds, so exciting getting all new ones made :)

Then this afternoon we will have a few drinks out in the garden, perfect day for it ;)

Back
Top Bottom