What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Pac :)

We dont really do Valentines....so it wasnt a Valentines present, it was just because the Kindles were released here at this store yesterday :LOL:

I was reading last night in bed and it is brilliant, love the pure whiteness of the screen and you can adjust it to your liking :)

I also love the touchscreen...I am very impressed with it :)

I'm excited for you, Kylie! I love all the features of the Paperwhite too. Did Steve get one as well?

Thanks Pac :)

We dont really do Valentines....so it wasnt a Valentines present, it was just because the Kindles were released here at this store yesterday :LOL:

I was reading last night in bed and it is brilliant, love the pure whiteness of the screen and you can adjust it to your liking :)

I also love the touchscreen...I am very impressed with it :)

We don't do valentines day either. It's hard to do when every day is valentines day. We decided years ago that it was more important to do nice things every day instead of making a fuss on one day only. ;)

I'm excited for you, Kylie! I love all the features of the Paperwhite too. Did Steve get one as well?

Thanks DL :)

Steve didnt get one for himself, he bought the new one for me as he knew I really wanted the white background and he said he wasnt too fussed and that he would stick with his current Kindle....

But I am going to get him one for his birthday, which is on St Patricks Day :)

I can never think of what to get him, he is so hard to buy for...so this has given me an easy time of it :ROFLMAO:

He said he will love to get one for his birthday afterall :)

I am getting ready to start making our "special dinner". It just happens to be the day after Valentine's but it is only a coincidence. I always make something fancier one day on the weekend. We usually work together on the planning, the cooking or both. But I am flying solo today! Details will be in the dinner thread. :chef:

I'm having a nice cup of tea on a cold night. Waiting for Hubby to get home to put the pizza in the oven. We are going to watch a movie tonight after supper. The new James Bond movie: Skyfall.:cool:

i'm doing too many things at once! dw got food poisoning today at lunch, so i picked up some coca cola and water, and i'm taking care of her between getting sick, and i'm trying to help my boy get on a family friendly game server on his laptop, and i'm feeding his cockatiel at tbe same time. i haven't eaten dinner yet, so i'm getting hungry.

i'm doing too many things at once! dw got food poisoning today at lunch, so i picked up some coca cola and water, and i'm taking care of her between getting sick, and i'm trying to help my boy get on a family friendly game server on his laptop, and i'm feeding his cockatiel at tbe same time. i haven't eaten dinner yet, so i'm getting hungry.
How are you holding up?
Coca Cola and water? Not ginger ale?
Is she better today?

I'm looking out the window at the nice sunny day and just finished my cup of coffee. We were supposed to have 3-6 inches of snow this morning. It obviously missed me and it's absolutely gorgeous out. I think I will go out.

I am getting ready to go out and do a drive-by / check out a place where I have a job interview next week. I must be crazy. Then get a haircut. I retired early 5 years ago. I must be crazy thinking there are still plenty of people who actually are looking for work. I stumbled on this one by accident. Light office work, some data mgmt part time for a cabinet maker / woodworking company. We'll see....

How are you holding up?
Coca Cola and water? Not ginger ale?
Is she better today?
i'm ok. got a good night's sleep for once. i actually have 2 days off this weekend! woohoo! it's been months since i've had 2 consecutive days off.
dw says she feels like she got hit by a truck. i told her to call the place where she got the bad food (broccoli rabe in garlic oil). not necessarily to complain since she's friends with them, but to tell them to check their oil to see if it's gone rancid.
and yeah, we like coca cola for tummy ills, ginger ale for a fever.

I'm looking out the window at the nice sunny day and just finished my cup of coffee. We were supposed to have 3-6 inches of snow this morning. It obviously missed me and it's absolutely gorgeous out. I think I will go out.

you wanna go outsiiiide! outsiiiide! you wanna go out?

good boy... god boyyyyy...
;)

I am getting ready to go out and do a drive-by / check out a place where I have a job interview next week. I must be crazy. Then get a haircut. I retired early 5 years ago. I must be crazy thinking there are still plenty of people who actually are looking for work. I stumbled on this one by accident. Light office work, some data mgmt part time for a cabinet maker / woodworking company. We'll see....

good luck, whisk. what did you do before you retired?

whiskey, if warm, good luck vibes can be carried aloft on willing wings of promise out of a pure heart of friendship, then you should have your job shortly.:)
(just don't let them cut off too much around the sides.)

i'm ok. got a good night's sleep for once. i actually have 2 days off this weekend! woohoo! it's been months since i've had 2 consecutive days off.
dw says she feels like she got hit by a truck. i told her to call the place where she got the bad food (broccoli rabe in garlic oil). not necessarily to complain since she's friends with them, but to tell them to check their oil to see if it's gone rancid.
and yeah, we like coca cola for tummy ills, ginger ale for a fever.

you wanna go outsiiiide! outsiiiide! you wanna go out?

good boy... god boyyyyy... ;)

good luck, whisk. what did you do before you retired?

Coca Cola for the stomach, Yeah. I used to get a small bottle of the syrup from the drug store on the corner and give it to my kids when they were sick.

But never water. It is the worst thing you can give someone if they are vomiting. It makes you vomit more. Ginger Ale along with the Coke to get liquids in.

To cleanse the stomach for food poisoning I gave my kids a teaspoon of Ipicac Syrup and plenty of water. It did the job. The more water you drink, the more the Ipicac makes you vomit. But for just vomiting, it was ginger ale and Coke. :angel:

Good luck, Whiska! Sounds like a fun job!

It's colder than crap here today but beautifully sunny and I've been spending my time in my studio...playing. So far I have made three pastry cloths to replace the 20+ year old ones that are about to fall apart, then I'm going to do some organizing and, finally, set things up to make some doll clothes. Once that's done, I'll just see how the spirit moves me. My studio is bright and cheerful and, today, wonderfully filled with sunshine. I love being there even on gloomy days. My Glenn was a real sweetheart to have built it for me.

It's colder than crap here today but beautifully sunny and I've been spending my time in my studio...playing. So far I have made three pastry cloths to replace the 20+ year old ones that are about to fall apart, then I'm going to do some organizing and, finally, set things up to make some doll clothes. Once that's done, I'll just see how the spirit moves me. My studio is bright and cheerful and, today, wonderfully filled with sunshine. I love being there even on gloomy days. My Glenn was a real sweetheart to have built it for me.

Sounds like he is a keeper. :angel:

Thanks for the kind wishes. We all need all the luck we can get.

BT-- I most recently worked in accounting division for an international education publishing company with a local office. Before that I worked 28 years at a large teaching hospital, various depts/ mgmt positions. Started as a nursing assistand & desk clerk in college. Left. came back, forgot to leave again.

Vit-- I gotta get my beard trimmed, it's scraggly and starting to look like my avatar. Scarry. And just a little off the sides is all I need, otherwise the clippers run into bowling ball territory. LOL.

How do you make a pastry cloth? The only ones I know are stiff and you roll pie dough on them. Mostly I dust a clean counter top w/ flour and that works.

Rattling around this old house, I have special rooms too. Library upstairs. Den/ tv/ music/ reading/ computer room. A soft blanket to curl up with. Two chairs for the cats, although one is usually on my lap, the other stretched across the back of my chair. Where I live the most. And I have a pretty sweet kitchen, which I always appreciate. I keep the living room picked up/ dusted and vacc'd. It's for show. I never go in there.

Good luck with the interview Whisk :)

I have a yummy-smelling loaf of banana bread in the oven and just finished typing up a recipe I made up a few weeks ago. It's basically minestrone with some deletions (I can't eat beans, so they're out) and additions (Chianti, green beans). I'm calling it Italian Chicken Stew.

I have this great program called Living Cookbook that makes it easy to import recipes from the Internet or type in my own. It also shows the nutritional value of the recipes; it's fun to use that to tweak things. It amazes me how much Vitamin A there is in tomatoes.

This morning it is so hot YUK!!

We set up a soaker hose out the back along the back fence to water all our plants along there :)

Also have been trying to clean the steel rings around the burners on our stovetop...it is such a hard job scrubbing them with a scourer

Does anyone know of an easier way?

I have tried a mix of bi carb soda and water, made it into a paste and used that, but that doesnt help a great deal :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom