What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning it is very chilly, there was a snippet of sun, gone now :LOL:

We are going for a walk this morning and then I think we are heading out to the hardware store for a few things

We have been on our walk, it was lovely and the sun shone for us, if only for a short time!

Looks like it is about to rain now :)

Every so often I wake up and know it is going to be a lost day. And Saturday was one of those days. I woke up and felt some slight chest pain, upset stomach, etc. Measured out my pills, took what I knew would work in twenty minutes. Went back to sleep. Did that a couple of more times. The last time I fell asleep, I didn't wake up until 11:30 p.m. Spike had been here for more than an hour. Never heard him or Teddy. Never heard the TV. I lost the whole day. But I feel much better now. I have learned, that when I feel like that to just give in and sleep it off. So now I am up for the night. Which has become my day.

One of the good things about these days is that I don't reach for a cigarette for several hours.

Off to start my day. Clean the kitchen and do the silverware. Can't put it off any longer. I am down to eating with my fingers. :angel:

I finally got my Farm Fresh Eggs that I have been ranting about forever. I made an omelet and some egg salad yesterday. My youngest son also got some for his family. Now he knows why I stayed on his case about them for all these years. The farmer now has a new customer. The yolks are so yellow. And they actually have a flavor to them. So if any of you ever are driving by a stand that has a sign for fresh eggs, STOP and get them. You won't be sorry. My childhood has returned. Along with some guilt about feeding our chickens elastics. :angel:

Ads, so pleased you enjoyed your eggs in a couple of different ways!

It is so true, farm fresh eggs taste amazing, they have so much flavour compared to supermarket bought ones

We had a couple of dozen a few months back that we got given to us from a lady who lives on a farm, they were double yolked ones too and they were delicious :yum:

Ads, so pleased you enjoyed your eggs in a couple of different ways!

It is so true, farm fresh eggs taste amazing, they have so much flavour compared to supermarket bought ones

We had a couple of dozen a few months back that we got given to us from a lady who lives on a farm, they were double yolked ones too and they were delicious :yum:

Thank you Kylie. I have never forgotten the taste of fresh eggs from when we lived on the farm. Eggs were not just a Sunday morning treat. We had them a few times each week. A good solid breakfast before we headed out to school. I had a dozen given to me many years ago when my youngest was about 12 y.o. He remembered them but had forgotten how good they were.

Then we moved up here to the city, we had a store that sold only double yolkers. They were gone in a hurry. So you had to get there early in the morning. My next adventure will be poached eggs on English muffin. I no longer buy bacon. Lost my taste for it. But I do have some ham patties that I can have with the poached eggs. But I have to wait until I get hungry again. :angel:

Just licked the last of the hot fudge from my spoon. Rewarded myself with that sundae because the guest bedroom is sparkling! :clap: Clean sheets, fresh bedspread, not a dust bunny to be foun. Wonder if I could give the bathroom a top-to-bottom cleaning before my guest arrives. Tonight I'll have my glass of wine and go to sleep. After all, tomorrow is another day!;)

Just licked the last of the hot fudge from my spoon. Rewarded myself with that sundae because the guest bedroom is sparkling! :clap: Clean sheets, fresh bedspread, not a dust bunny to be foun. Wonder if I could give the bathroom a top-to-bottom cleaning before my guest arrives. Tonight I'll have my glass of wine and go to sleep. After all, tomorrow is another day!;)

There is a special feeling of accomplishment that husbands don't understand when a room is sparkling clean. My son The Pirate is a rare issue. He loves to clean and when he comes over he is always wiping down all the cabinets or he cleans the bathroom top to bottom. Got to love a kid like that. :angel:

Well, I didn't get the sink empty yet, but I did get a pineapple upside down cake done for my daughter. This is her chemo week, so she may not want it. But Spike lives them also, so he will get to take it home. If she does, he will get a slice first. And I spent most of the night listening to A Daughter Of The Regiment by Donezetti. It is an opera for those of you who don't know. :angel:

I have a set of measuring cups and spoon with the odd sizes. They only problem is that they are plastic. And I HATE plastic anything in my kitchen. These stain and I am forever having to bleach them to get them truly clean. So I went looking for new ones. I found a set of all metal magnetic spoons with one end elongated so they fit into spice containers and the other end round. And the bottom is flat so it can sit on the counter so you can pour into them. Stacked, they stay together without that dang ring.

So now comes the hunt for the five cups. I saw sets that were as much as $400.00. I wanted long handles and one piece construction with the measurements engraved on the handle. I finally found a set at Amazon, (same for the spoons) but the handles are short. It cost me $40 for both sets. But as least I won't spend the rest of my life cleaning them.

When I went to make the cake this morning, I was so disgusted with the cups. Again, they need a bleaching. Now I am happy. They should be here in five days. And no shipping! :angel:

I finally got my Farm Fresh Eggs that I have been ranting about forever. I made an omelet and some egg salad yesterday. My youngest son also got some for his family. Now he knows why I stayed on his case about them for all these years. The farmer now has a new customer. The yolks are so yellow. And they actually have a flavor to them. So if any of you ever are driving by a stand that has a sign for fresh eggs, STOP and get them. You won't be sorry. My childhood has returned. Along with some guilt about feeding our chickens elastics. :angel:

I go to a vendor at the farmer's market and they have real farm fresh eggs and I know what you mean, the flavor is night and day from store eggs! I love them poached with a soft yolk on buttered toast.

She told me that they are real free range chickens that roam around the farm fields eating what chickens are supposed to eat. The yolks are so dark yellow, and each carton has a variety of colors in them. They are so worth the $4 per dozen!

Just dinking around. It's cold, windy, and yucky out, not terribly excited to go out and do yardwork today.

There is a special feeling of accomplishment that husbands don't understand when a room is sparkling clean....

Funny you should say that. Himself and I have a little competition to see how long we can let things go before one of us breaks, gives in, and does some general housework. He ALWAYS "wins" that game. :mad: I even let things go way beyond the point that has me in jitters but nope, not a bother to him. I think I married Pig-Pen. :ohmy: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom