What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.

PF, when I had my gastro surgery, I had the trapeze contraption on my bed to help me lift myself up to a sitting position. Poo was about six at the time and when he was allowed to visit me, he wanted to see me swing on it like they do at the circus. One shouldn't laugh that hard with a gut full of sutures. :angel:

Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.

Wow, I wish I had known about that when I had my three open abdominal surgeries. I just rolled over onto my side and pushed myself up with the bedside table, which wasn't easy. I'll remember that if I ever have another one.

Wow, I wish I had known about that when I had my three open abdominal surgeries. I just rolled over onto my side and pushed myself up with the bedside table, which wasn't easy. I'll remember that if I ever have another one.

When I had my 2 abdominal surgeries I rolled over onto my side and DH pushed me up from behind.

Just finished cleaning up after a party last night. We celebrated our son's visit and marriage. Lots of empty bottles this morning.

PF, when I had my gastro surgery, I had the trapeze contraption on my bed to help me lift myself up to a sitting position. Poo was about six at the time and when he was allowed to visit me, he wanted to see me swing on it like they do at the circus. One shouldn't laugh that hard with a gut full of sutures. :angel:

No place for a trapeze:LOL: I may also need steps up to the bed, we have an underdresser so it is quite high.

I had a $10 gift certificate and was wondering what to get, realized I would need one and I couldn't steal Shrek's.

When I had my 2 abdominal surgeries I rolled over onto my side and DH pushed me up from behind.

Here it is:

Attachments

• bed cane.jpg
    bed cane.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 172
No place for a trapeze:LOL: I may also need steps up to the bed, we have an underdresser so it is quite high.

I had a $10 gift certificate and was wondering what to get, realized I would need one and I couldn't steal Shrek's.

Here it is:

So the wood part fits under the mattress?

You might be able to find some bed steps in the pet department. I bought some nice ones for Beagle from Drs Smith and Foster, assembly required. I think Walgreens may carry them too.

So the wood part fits under the mattress?

You might be able to find some bed steps in the pet department. I bought some nice ones for Beagle from Drs Smith and Foster, assembly required. I think Walgreens may carry them too.

Yes it goes under the mattress, using your own weight to keep it stable.

I was thinking about those, going to look at them at Pet Smart today, I do have a couple of 8 inch high step stools that will work.

We have a memory foam mattress, it is not conducive to changing positions. I struggle to get out of it without having surgery. Then the drop to the floor, about 6 inches with me sitting on the edge.

Bella and I are about to dismantle the outside autumn/Thanksgiving decorations and put some of the Christmas ones up. Won't do all of it until the week of Christmas because everything stays up until January 6.

Even though this Christmas season is an abbreviated one, we'll still have plenty of decorations and lots of fun.

I just got back from the hospital visiting Cheyenne Marie. This is the first time I've been able to hold her and my heart melted holding my tiny 3lb grand daughter in my arms.:heart: She should be able to come home for Christmas!! I made her pink hat, but I'll make a Christmas elf hat to wear home.

img_1323217_0_ded108bbd65a37f81fdb780e0b573b08.jpg

I just got back from the hospital visiting Cheyenne Marie. This is the first time I've been able to hold her and my heart melted holding my tiny 3lb grand daughter in my arms.:heart: She should be able to come home for Christmas!! I made her pink hat, but I'll make a Christmas elf hat to wear home.

What a precious baby!

I'm making a combination of Kades' and Kayelle's mushroom soup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom