What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Winding down from a busy day enjoying my glass of wine. Wishing my ankles were only half their age instead of feeling twice their age. Anyone know of really comfortable yet reasonably priced shoes for crabby feet? At this point I don't even care if they're what I used to call "Nun shoes". :ermm:

Have you tried Keens, CG? I love them to pieces, and Zappos and Online Shoes have good deals and good selections. Their boots are the most comfy I've ever worn, and I adore their sandals. Everything is machine washable too.

Sitting and collecting my thoughts and trying to put together a "game plan" if the predicted severe ice storm comes to pass in the next couple of days. The soothsayers are telling us it could be as significant as the January 2009 one. Oh, no!!!!!:ohmy::ohmy: I don't EVER want to go there again.

I'm just hoping it will fizzle out and we have some not so severe weather. We could handle that.

Busy, 12 hour day, no breaks. I got in the gym for 80 mn afterwards. Just got home, relaxing in recliner.

Watching him try to get three bottles of pills into one bottle just cracks me up. I've tried to talk him into just leaving the extras sealed until he goes through one bottle, but noooo.:ROFLMAO:

He's gotta appreciate the cheap-dateness of you! :ROFLMAO:

I can see it, but I'm only half Canadian, so only one shoe appears....
img_1323878_0_eaf502c4ae65780627448360eda2e1b2.gif
Wine up the nose is NOT funny. :glare: :LOL:

Thanks for all the shoe suggestions ladies. And taxy, I have a bunion, fallen arches, and high insteps. Himself's cousin had foot surgery a while back, and now her foot is worse off than before! Not interested in going that route. Gotta admit I love summer best - my feet enjoy it most when they are bare or just in sox. No shoes. If my one foot starts to hurt I just wrap an old Ace wrist support around it at the arch and I'm good to go!

The LLBean moccasins look pretty comfy, and so does their price. Bonus, there is an LLB store on the way to one of the two Penzeys stores we've gone to, each about 45 miles away. Will have to check them out after the holidays.

I find wine up your nose to be extremely funny, but then we've already established that I am easily entertained.:rolleyes:

I'm sitting here getting ready for a slow day at work. I already polished off breakfast, the loco moco I did not make last night, and am wondering how much rain we will actually get. The snow is all but gone. I think I'll put the reflectors along my driveway in a little better than I did last week. Some of them are leaners already. Plus they are sticking up too high for my taste.

One admit yesterday, so getting ready for the day should be quick. Getting to our backlog of assessments will be the big problem. I'm tempted to lock the door and ignore the phone and e-mail for three hours a day for some uninterrupted time. This has not been an easy transition week after the boss leaving. State Survey (inspection) walked in the door Monday to top it all off.

I just put a pork roast in the slow cooker. I put a dry rub on it last night - cayenne, chili powder, cumin, Mexican oregano, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. It smelled very cuminy ;) I'm going to use part of it to make tamales and freeze them for later, and part for something else Mexican later this week.

Oh yes, it's almost tamale season. Have to get a hold of my partner in crime and set a date. 20 pounds of pork we are planning this year.

Back
Top Bottom