What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are so right, Aunt Bea and Addie!

You should have seen and heard the lecture she gave them before giving Carl the key.

No food, no drinks, no messing with the radio, don't take the handicapped card off the mirror, no parking in handicapped spaces, wear the seatbelts, don't speed, DO NOT smoke (her Papa smokes, but not in the house), and the big one:

"If you put a dent on her, I'll put a dent on BOTH of you!"

Carl was rather wide-eyed at this, and I knew he was very nervous! But then I looked at her Papa, and he was actually listening very respectfully, and assured Cat her rules would be followed.

He gave me a look which said, "Oh hell, she's grown up."

Now I'm watching Cat trying to not act like she's worried. That's funny also!

MammaCat

MammaCat - if anyone puts a dink in my car... they better start running! (my car is nothing special at all, but is very important to me.)

MammaCat - if anyone puts a dink in my car... they better start running! (my car is nothing special at all, but is very important to me.)

Yes!

Even my old Dacia was very precious to me. It still is, for I have forbidden Mamma and Papa to sell it, and I have forbidden Papa to drive it. Mamma drives it about twice per week to keep it running. I must have something to drive when I visit them.

As for you, Mamma, I am very nervous. No one has ever taken my Joy before this. As usual, you're correct!

I am going to go and sharpen my machete just in case there may be a dent.

With love,
~Cat

Yes!

Even my old Dacia was very precious to me. It still is, for I have forbidden Mamma and Papa to sell it, and I have forbidden Papa to drive it. Mamma drives it about twice per week to keep it running. I must have something to drive when I visit them.

As for you, Mamma, I am very nervous. No one has ever taken my Joy before this. As usual, you're correct!

I am going to go and sharpen my machete just in case there may be a dent.

With love,
~Cat

Cat Dear, you are a US Citizen now...just use a baseball bat...:cool:

Carl and PapaCat (good name for him) are back with a Samsung 60" LED TV, complete with a wall mounting fixture.

Cat heard them come in and grabbed a flashlight and ran to Joy to inspect for damage. PapaCat told her, "You're going to love this, Cat!" as he and Carl were bringing it in.

She said, "How nice." And ran out to inspect Joy. She came back in, very happy. Carl had taken the magnets off the back, put it through a car wash, and cleaned the magnets and put them back.

There were no dents or scratches, but Carl looked quite relieved when Cat thanked him for doing that.

Now Cat is hooking up the old TV, a 32" flat screen one to her desktop to use as a monitor. The guys are putting up the new TV.

So it seems no bloodletting or blunt force trauma is necessary tonight. But my goodness, this is a big TV! We don't have one this big, but I have the feeling this will most likely change when we return home.

MammaCat

I'm looking at this forum on my old TV as Mamma said. This is very nice!

Carl and Papa were indeed very careful with Joy, and she is nicely washed and clean.

It's so nice when others respect my feelings of my possessions; especially my Joy. I'm proud of Carl and Papa.

With love,
~Cat

Carl and PapaCat (good name for him) are back with a Samsung 60" LED TV, complete with a wall mounting fixture.

Cat heard them come in and grabbed a flashlight and ran to Joy to inspect for damage. PapaCat told her, "You're going to love this, Cat!" as he and Carl were bringing it in.

She said, "How nice." And ran out to inspect Joy. She came back in, very happy. Carl had taken the magnets off the back, put it through a car wash, and cleaned the magnets and put them back.

There were no dents or scratches, but Carl looked quite relieved when Cat thanked him for doing that.

Now Cat is hooking up the old TV, a 32" flat screen one to her desktop to use as a monitor. The guys are putting up the new TV.

So it seems no bloodletting or blunt force trauma is necessary tonight. But my goodness, this is a big TV! We don't have one this big, but I have the feeling this will most likely change when we return home.

MammaCat

I know what you mean. I went from a 44" tube TV to a 60" flat one. Took me a long time to get used to it. Now I want a bigger one. My daughter's is HUGE. It hangs on her wall and is hooked up to surround sound by Bose. :angel:

You have these in the center of your town? I wish we had one. That is so very nice!

And do stay warm!

With love,
~Cat

Cat, put MamaCat and PapaCat along with Carl in Joy and find a ritzy part of town. Drive them around to see all the lights. If you look in your local paper, usually on Thursday they will have a section telling you all about the holiday events going on in your city and surrounding towns. And most of them are free. Most Churches have a day of their choirs giving a concert. Beautiful music and usually refreshments after. :angel:

I'm looking at this forum on my old TV as Mamma said. This is very nice!

Carl and Papa were indeed very careful with Joy, and she is nicely washed and clean.

It's so nice when others respect my feelings of my possessions; especially my Joy. I'm proud of Carl and Papa.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, it wasn't respect, it was pure FEAR! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom