What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm counting my blessings that I am in such good health. Or at least good enough health that I don't let the little things get to me.

Other than that, I aint doin' a thing! lol. Watching it snow I guess.

Waiting for the electrician to come and disconnect my garbage disposal.

The notice from the apartment complex made me chuckle, disconnecting the garbage disposal is in preparation for a future enhancement.:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I think the truth is that the old drains suffer from arteriosclerosis and they want to minimize the amount of sludge that is put into them, we'll see.

That could be tough to get used to, Bea. Especially if you use it a lot.
I don't use mine nearly as much as I used to. Mostly for rinsing plates... which rarely have anything worthy of grinding on them anyway :pig:

That could be tough to get used to, Bea. Especially if you use it a lot.
I don't use mine nearly as much as I used to. Mostly for rinsing plates... which rarely have anything worthy of grinding on them anyway :pig:

I like to run it once or twice a week with a few ice cubes in it to flush out the sludge that accumulates from doing dishes, it begins to smell especially in the summer.

All he is going to do is remove the switch on the kitchen wall and put a plate over it. The garbage disposal will still have power, it might be possible to...

I like to run it once or twice a week with a few ice cubes in it to flush out the sludge that accumulates from doing dishes, it begins to smell especially in the summer.

All he is going to do is remove the switch on the kitchen wall and put a plate over it. The garbage disposal will still have power, it might be possible to...

That, IMO, is not going to work. At least it doesn't work in my house.
Even when I don't use the disposal for a while I still need to turn it on for a few seconds because small particles clog it and slow the drain down. It's not like having a regular drain under the sink.
Time will tell.

Since I learned that the sink drain, specially if there is a disposal in there, is a great breeding place for fruit flies, I now make sure that I run it at least once a day. Even if I haven't tossed anything in it. No fruit flies!

I was taking a small nap and the door bell rudely woke me right up. I jumped up and took one step. Had to sit down and wait until I was fully awake. My legs were not that steady. I tend to forget that it takes about four minutes before my visitor gets up to the second floor and my door. And my delivery man always rings my doorbell twice. They know it takes a lot of the residents time to get to the release so they can get in. It was my medicines being delivered for next week.

Gee, since The Pirate cleaned my apartment so well, I have nothing to do. I guess I will work on my sewing. :angel:

I woke up to a phone-call from my co-coordinator for meals at our church. She got calls from four families yesterday wanting to make meals for us. Now usually it is us who call people on our list to provide meals for needy members. But these people wanted to help us out.

I can't eat a lot right now and TB has a lot of restrictions, but for the next 4 days we don't have to make dinner! What a great present!

I am curled up in my new electronic blanket in my chair with a cup of hot lemon and a piece of toasted banana bread. I am watching the second Santa Clause movie. Pain? manageable!

Eek. I just notice there is no Thursday night football tonight I don't often get to watch Th nite football. It's the Idea now becomes a void. Also no Monday night next week. The whole sh'bang for the whole year is on sunday. A couple college bowl games, I forget which teams and I just looked.

I also had to go look under my sink to see if my BIL removed my garbage disposal or just disconnected it when he repaired the plumbing lines to the dishwasher one time. Just call me Mr Observant. Yes, he pulled it, it was in the way and I said I seldom used it.

I too hope you are all feeling better, more comfortable and on the mend.

No Thurs night football last week either, Whiska.
What a jolt. I think I ended up Netflixing something.

I just got back from the store. What cruddy weather to be driving in. Folks were right, the plows really haven't been running.
There was an accident at a squirrely intersection on the way to the store. And another on the way back. The one coming back must have been bad, they had the driver's side window covered.

At least the grocery store wasn't crowded.

Carol, hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick, especially when you have to deal with guests.

Laurie, did the morphine shot help? I'm so glad to hear your meals are being taken care of and that you are managing the pain. Hope you feel all better soon.

I eventually got the tourtère filling made. I took a couple of naps in between. Then I let it cool at room temperature and then in the fridge. Finally got it into the freezer around 02h. I tasted it, oh yeah, that is yummy. Now I really want tourtière, but I don't have the energy to make the pie crusts and assemble it. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Surrre you arrre :rolleyes:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I can't believe the lack of plows out. Usually I get one down my road every 30-40 minutes when it's conditions like this. Let alone none of the main roads are being maintained. Weird.

And to top it off, Ginat Eagle didn't have any good looking ribs :mad:

I'm counting my blessings that I am in such good health. Or at least good enough health that I don't let the little things get to me....
Sitting here in our daughter's kitchen catching up on what is happening in your lives and, like pac, grateful that we're reasonably healthy. Well Himself has a miserable cold now but he's still alive. ;-)

Not sure how grateful our daughter is that we're messing up her ability to get enough sleep, but she rarely complains. What a sweetie!

Carol, hope you feel better soon. It sucks to be sick, especially when you have to deal with guests.

Laurie, did the morphine shot help? I'm so glad to hear your meals are being taken care of and that you are managing the pain. Hope you feel all better soon.

I eventually got the tourtère filling made. I took a couple of naps in between. Then I let it cool at room temperature and then in the fridge. Finally got it into the freezer around 02h. I tasted it, oh yeah, that is yummy. Now I really want tourtière, but I don't have the energy to make the pie crusts and assemble it. I guess I'll just have to wait.

Thanks, Taxy. Yes, the shot did help to ease the pain and helped me to rest. I slept most of Christmas Day.

Yes, having dinners taken care of - mostly for TB. My neighbour had her daughter bring over a huge bag of apples and a salad mix for me. Very thoughtful.

I woke up to a phone-call from my co-coordinator for meals at our church. She got calls from four families yesterday wanting to make meals for us. Now usually it is us who call people on our list to provide meals for needy members. But these people wanted to help us out.

I can't eat a lot right now and TB has a lot of restrictions, but for the next 4 days we don't have to make dinner! What a great present!

I am curled up in my new electronic blanket in my chair with a cup of hot lemon and a piece of toasted banana bread. I am watching the second Santa Clause movie. Pain? manageable!

Oh good! We're thinking of you, always.

With love,
~Cat

I hope all of you are feeling better! Mamma, Lakisha, and I all awoke with a very nasty cold. We have to stay away from DA, so we're all honking and snorting and sneezing and coughing down here. Papa's well, he's up there with DA and we all had to have separate meals.

Papa and DA are well, so they had their meals separately upstairs while the rest of us made many loud noises down here. Mamma curses when she sneezes, Lakisha sounds like a moose mating call, and I hate the sneezing because it hurts my back where that gash is. Oh that does hurt. I gave Mamma and Lakisha my bed and I have the couch so when the sneezing and coughing hurts my back I'll awake no one.

We finished some of the leftovers from Christmas dinner. Those are so good! I'm wondering if I need to Google breathing problems. My chest feels very heavy so I have to breathe lightly or I'll have awful coughing.

What a mess. Christmas is not the time to be sick! Uck!

With love,
~Cat

What is going on? It seems almost everyone in the forum is not feeling very well. I am feel much better today. Back to my old self and feel like doing something today. I am going to put my Christmas present to use. Spike put together my floor stand for holding my embroidery hoop. Now I can use both hands for sewing. It was something I have wanted for eons. But I always considered it a "maybe someday" item. Someday came. My daughter asked me what I wanted for Christmas. She told me I could spend up to $100 and email the site to her. This item was less than $50.00. I hate to spend someone else's money.

So I am going to take advantage of feeling good and sit in the lovely chair Poo gave me last year and sew.

Spike also bought me a new keyboard. I learned to type on a 1920's old Underwood typewriter when I was in school. As a result I tend to hit the keys hard. Even to this day. I go through keyboards like they were a vassal with holes in it. And this one is wireless. I am making a concerted effort to type lightly now. It is a lot easier on these old fingers and less painful. :angel:

Mom, who's 85, has done something to her back, so I'm on full-time nurse duty. The sister's on her way to El Paso to pick her kids. I'm looking forward to having them around for a week or so. I'm especially looking forward to having the boy around. He's 12, and he and his Uncle Mitch like to do stuff together. He likes that I let him use (non-dangerous) power tools. When he was here on Thanksgiving, I gave him some guitar lessons...he played that Axe for 5 hours!

Like his uncle...he's a character:

guitargodmatt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom