What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi ~Cat!

I am certainly glad you are feeling better.

I'm feeling fine, still having some problems with pain. But they are helping me out with that as much as they can. And Shrek forgot my teeth...so I am fairly harmless right now. Hugs, Fiona
I have been missing out a few days, still getting caught up. Hope you are healing up in a happy & positive way, or as happy & positive as it can get! Take it easy, let shrek take care of you, I'm sure he is good at it. He sounds very nuturing & caring. Keeping pressure on our incision,as you know, will help reduce the pain, especially when coughing or laughing:) My 10" front incision is healed up after last April. Funny how I can feel it from the inside when I lift to much weight. Take care!:angel::angel:

No bell? Bummer. I'll bet you could find some "interesting" noises to play on your computer. :mrgreen:

You aren't going shopping yet are you?

We at DC got together and are sending you a fluglehorn. It weighs under 9 pounds and works much better than a bell.

Enjoy!

I think I'm coming down with pneumonia. I hope I can get in to see my doctor on Monday.

Oh no. Please, please get to your doctor! Mamma was very sick with this and she still is not very well. I'm thinking of you!

With love,
~Cat

Cat, my first reaction to when I become scared or worried is to get angry. Stupid, I know. And that is what I was feeling when Lakisha sent us the news. But I am glad to hear that you are getting real rest. And it wouldn't hurt you to take in some of that soup you made for Mama. Chicken soup has a lot of medicinal qualities when you are sick. When my daughter has pneumonia, she had two lobes that had fluid in them. I made a pot of broth for her and put it in a thermos and brought it to the hospital. The nurses had her take small sips and by day three, she was able to breath without the oxygen. The doctor said that it was the soup that made her want to fight back and get better. She had no idea that I had been sitting by her bed for more than 24 hours. It was when the nurse gave her that sip of the broth, that she started to recover. She knew I was there.

My goodness, you certainly have had an eventful visit with your parents. Never a dull moment in your home. If I show up at your door someday, turn me around and send me right back home. Too much excitement there. :angel:

Yes! Too much excitement! We'll never forget this visit, I'm afraid. I think it's too much to ask them to come back next year!:LOL:

You are not stupid! I've been having very much broth and water and juice and eating lightly sometimes. I've been napping and sleeping very much and it is why I'm so very behind on everyone's postings here. I'm sorry to be so far behind.

Papa is leaving Monday and we have been talking so very much. Carl and Laki will leave today (it is early Sunday) to go back to the dorm and to home. So, I hope to be back to school maybe sometime of the 13th if I'm well. I should be well, I think. If not, I'll stay here until I can return.

I'll try to catch up here, but we all are much better and if I stop posting, a nap attack has revisited me.

Lucky for you all, yes? :LOL:

With love to all of you,
~Cat

I'm having another coughing fit so got up as I don't want to wake TB up. It isn't a cold, I just get these attacks every night.

I just got caught up on this thread. Your Ogreness, I am glad to hear you are on the me and. I agree, let Shrek help.

the kitty is wanting me to put my chair back and get the blanket so we can cuddle so I will close now.

Sunday morning 9:30 here..
We are both lying on the Sofa and surf the net.
Tomorrow Frank will leave for Italia to work there, so we will enjoy our last day together.

Thinking about breakfast...

Oh, PF, I'm so happy you're home and I don't have to worry. I'm sure Shrek won't let you overdo!

I'm cooking again today. Collard greens are simmering (and simmering). I think they are finally starting to get tender.

Yesterday was busy. I made:

Oyster stew
Turkey neck stuffing
Pickled cucumbers with rice wine vinegar (really tasty)
Collard greens started

I doesn't sound like so much, but the prep work and dishes kept me busy all day.

Today it's:

Yellow squash with onions in garlic butter
Pimento cheese spread
Portabella slices in garlic butter
Baby bella slices sauted in garlic butter for the freezer

Then, I think I'm done cooking for awhile. There's still some shifting between fridge and freezer.

Sounds like everyone has turned the corner and is on the mend.

Yesterday I made two loaves of English Muffin bread. The recipe I used called for to place the shredded Cheddar cheese on top of the dough. I didn't have any Cheddar, just grated Romano Pecorino cheese. But I didn't want it on top, so I just mixed it in with the dry ingredients. It is delicious! Not your typical English Muffing flavor. The Pirate sliced and toasted two pieces last night and you could smell the cheese as it warmed up.

Today I am going to be making a nice pot of beef stew with barley. We will be eating it while watching the new season of Downton Abby. And first thing tomorrow morning, I will be heading out the door at seven o'clock to go grocery shopping. A late start this month due to the weather and holiday.

The Pirate thought he would do a run in and out yesterday to pick up a few things. I am still laughing. First he had to circle just to find a parking space. Forty checkout registers, and every one of them had lines going down the aisles. Even the express. This store is the largest of this chain and it is crowded all the time. You have to get there first thing as soon as the doors open. Then around nine o'clock, they start coming in droves. Never shop there the day before a holiday, or at four thirty in the afternoon.

Other than making the stew, it is going to be a "do nothing" day. :angel:

I feel a little better today. This has been going on for 2 weeks. Feel good, feel terrible. Back and forth. I got concerned yesterday because that was the first day I showed a fever. I started out coughing up a really ugly color, but now it is clear. That's a good sign, but the fever concerned me. I am going to buy a new thermometer today as I don't like the one I have.

I feel a little better today. This has been going on for 2 weeks. Feel good, feel terrible. Back and forth. I got concerned yesterday because that was the first day I showed a fever. I started out coughing up a really ugly color, but now it is clear. That's a good sign, but the fever concerned me. I am going to buy a new thermometer today as I don't like the one I have.

Winthrop has me checking my phlegm all the time. It is one of the questions they ask me all the time. With COPD I need to keep an eye on it. I always have a Kleenix with me and when I cough up any phlegm, I do so into the Kleenix and immediately check it. I know to those not family, it looks like a nasty thing to do. But I am more concerned with my health than their feelings. :angel:

PF, I agree with taking your own Tylenol to the hospital. Sometimes that works fine for me and I don't need those prescription pain meds.

The hospital always puts me on a salt free diet. I take my own salt. I don't use much salt, but I cannot eat eggs without salt, so I am only getting maybe 15 grains of salt per day. I don't use it on anything else.

Winthrop has me checking my phlegm all the time. It is one of the questions they ask me all the time. With COPD I need to keep an eye on it. I always have a Kleenix with me and when I cough up any phlegm, I do so into the Kleenix and immediately check it. I know to those not family, it looks like a nasty thing to do. But I am more concerned with my health than their feelings. :angel:

I check mine all the time, too, Addie. I don't have COPD but it is a question I am always asked, because I have a chronic cough. I can tell the difference between my chronic cough and a cough when I have a cold. Most people just think that if I'm coughing, I must be contageous. I can really clear a room!

Back
Top Bottom