What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Packing to return to minus a million degrees F/C below zero. Weeping copious tears. The drag marks on the tarmack will be mine.

PF, I agree with taking your own Tylenol to the hospital. Sometimes that works fine for me and I don't need those prescription pain meds.

The hospital always puts me on a salt free diet. I take my own salt. I don't use much salt, but I cannot eat eggs without salt, so I am only getting maybe 15 grains of salt per day. I don't use it on anything else.

I don't eat much salt either, but no-salt food is bland. Next visit, I'm making up a tiny condiment and med package. The arguments over my medications were absurd. Most were due to the Doctor's lack of knowledge of new medications.

I've been napping and sleeping very much and it is why I'm so very behind on everyone's postings here. I'm sorry to be so far behind.

You know, Cat, there is no rule that says you have to keep up with everyone's posts, or post every day :) Just do what you can as you're able to and don't worry about what or how much you're reading here. We want you to take care of yourself first.

Last edited:
I don't eat much salt either, but no-salt food is bland. Next visit, I'm making up a tiny condiment and med package. The arguments over my medications were absurd. Most were due to the Doctor's lack of knowledge of new medications.

I started doing that, too. I even take my own Rx meds while I'm there - the entire dozen. They tell me I can't, but what are they gonna do? Throw me out? :-D So I tell them so they can chart it, but I need my meds on a specific schedule, so they've learned to deal with it.

Last edited:
Packing to return to minus a million degrees F/C below zero. Weeping copious tears. The drag marks on the tarmack will be mine.

Packing? I didn't even know you went anywhere :LOL:
I must have missed when you were packing the first time.

Collard greens - done (finally)
Yellow squash - done
Portabella mushrooms - done
Baby bella mushrooms - not started yet
Dishes, pots, utinsils - NOT yet

Me, I'm not done yet, but I am taking a break.

Dinner will be a combination of the recently prepared dishes, with a few finishing touches.

I'm waiting for this afternoon to check and see if Walmart got authorization to renew my prescriptions. If so I'll make another trip.

My doctor's office isn't as sharp about this as I would like. Last month, a renewal was finally given, but causing me to be without that medication for 4 days. Not good for a medication that you're not supposed to stop abruptly. I really noticed the lack. I'm glad all the holidays are over. Maybe I can get things set up so I don't have to do without meds when I need them.

There! I managed to get what I'm doing, my what's for dinner and petty vent posts all combined into one post.

Last edited:
I just got back from the grocery store. As I was strolling the aisles I had a taste for some jalapeno nachos or similar, so picked up some Tostitos chips. That will be lunch here shortly. Maybe I'll root around for other stuff to add.
And I ran into a buddy and got the local weather report, lol.
Turns out the city we are associated with by proximity, Erie, is leading the nation in cities with the most snowfall this winter. And of course my town gets more snow than Erie's airport, where they measure at. We're beating cities in Alaska even.
Interesting. I thought we had a lot. Over 6 ft so far.

I just got back from the grocery store. As I was strolling the aisles I had a taste for some jalapeno nachos or similar, so picked up some Tostitos chips. That will be lunch here shortly. Maybe I'll root around for other stuff to add.
And I ran into a buddy and got the local weather report, lol.
Turns out the city we are associated with by proximity, Erie, is leading the nation in cities with the most snowfall this winter. And of course my town gets more snow than Erie's airport, where they measure at. We're beating cities in Alaska even.
Interesting. I thought we had a lot. Over 6 ft so far.

Holy crap! That's a lot of snow. I'd move.

I'm about to tackle cleaning my desk once again. Thanks to the assistance of our kitty cat Monkey (better known as Spasmatic 2000, reference to the brooms in Harry Potter "Nimbus 2000", etc) this has become a contact sport. I make neat piles, she does a fly-by and we start all over. :wacko:

we had a wonderful afternoon with a friend of mine, who is in a psychiatric clinic because of her depression.
We kidnapped her for a nice trip to a near mediaeval city, had some cake and coffee and a good dinner after a nice walk through the town ;o)
She looks so much better, so I hope when she comes out, she will be okay again..

we had a wonderful afternoon with a friend of mine, who is in a psychiatric clinic because of her depression.
We kidnapped her for a nice trip to a near mediaeval city, had some cake and coffee and a good dinner after a nice walk through the town ;o)
She looks so much better, so I hope when she comes out, she will be okay again..

She's lucky to have you as a friend. :)

Just got back from eating supper out and DH and grandson Josh are watching the Packer football game and are hoping they lose. We have a house divided, half Bear fans and the rest are for Green Bay. I have to stay in the middle. :)

Pac, all my life we have heard about how much snow Erie gets compared to Pittsburgh. We always hated to see our snow coming from the north because we knew it was going to be big!

I am sitting in the dark on the front porch in Key West. The smell of frangipani and night-blooming jasmine is intoxicating. I can hear jazz from the club around the corner but can also hear crickets, the neighborhood cats keep coming to visit me and the breeze is just strong enough to hear the palm fronds rattling. It's an amazing evening.

Back
Top Bottom