What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I quit bothering with makeup when I noticed it made me look older. Eye shadow just showed off the fact that my eyelids look like crepe. Actually, I hadn't noticed they looked like that until I put on eye shadow one day. Life is simpler without makeup.

Last edited:
Thanks for that story Addie. :sick: I needed something to keep me from eating...

About to slap a bit of make-up on my face so as to not scare the public, then head to the library to pick up a couple DVDs waiting for me. After I get back Himself and I are headed to Lowe's :clap: to pick up a new shower diverter valve so he can fix my shower. Only half the water is going from the faucet to the shower head when I throw the switch. I'm starting to get tired of showering under a dribble, and I really don't like taking a shower in his shower stall for ALL kinds of reasons. After Lowe's we'll probably stop at Aldi's to pick up a few things. Since they moved into the area a few years back I've been able to shop there again when we're near one. There was one in our city back home so we didn't go too far, but the quality back then wasn't anywhere near as good as it's become over the years. I've noticed a big difference in flavor and texture now. Bonus: Himself likes their Cheerio knock-off way better than Cherios and they're about half the price. :)

;) Glad to be of help anytime.

Himself is taking you to Lowes? Uh Oh! :angel:

I got a phone call from Winthrop a short while ago. It seems that our building management notified them that the elevator will be out of commission for about three hours tomorrow. So they called me to let me know that my pickup time has been moved back to 11 a.m. instead of nine. Fine by me! I can get dressed, and then laydown to take a nap. Time for my monthly vitals. A ten minute event. I think I am going to bring my needlework with me and spend the day. It makes them happy when they see me socialize. And besides, I always give the women at the knitting table a gentle back scratch and rub when I spend the day. It is my RAK. Can't get too rambunctious. Fragile bones and black and blue marks run amok on all of them.

I used to be able to upload my meter readings right into my computer. Then I could fax them right to Winthrop from my printer. But it seems that my new One Touch is not compatible with Windows Seven yet. So I had to set up an Excel spreadsheet and enter them manually. PIMA! One of these days I will have to call One Touch and find out if they have solved the problem yet. :angel:

Last edited:
Admiring while dusting it.A 1915 or 1916 Singer sewing machine.The kind where the machine drops down tucks inside the desk.
I love the intricate carving details of the drawers. Our butcher just had it dropped off at my house.You could have knocked me over with a feather. Wasn't expecting that.It belonged to his Grandmother.She was the only one who ever owned or used it.I just called him to thank him for the gift. He instead thanked me for accepting it.He was particular with who got it.As he put it.The machine needs to be owned by a sole person, who would appreciate it. Take care of it.
Just got the bobbin plate opened. It actually has thread still in it.
Now I just need to read up on how to properly clean it up. So far she's cleaning up pretty.

Munky.

Admiring while dusting it.A 1915 or 1916 Singer sewing machine.The kind where the machine drops down tucks inside the desk.
I love the intricate carving details of the drawers. Our butcher just had it dropped off at my house.You could have knocked me over with a feather. Wasn't expecting that.It belonged to his Grandmother.She was the only one who ever owned or used it.I just called him to thank him for the gift. He instead thanked me for accepting it.He was particular with who got it.As he put it.The machine needs to be owned by a sole person, who would appreciate it. Take care of it.
Just got the bobbin plate opened. It actually has thread still in it.
Now I just need to read up on how to properly clean it up. So far she's cleaning up pretty.

Munky.

Nice Munky! We will need a picture.

It would be as it is pic. It's been in storage for 20+ years.
They only just found it when they had to move things to repair a leaky roof.
My youngest is looking a little bored. I'll see if he will get a pic of it here in just a few.

Taxy, haven't had the time to find out exactly what it is. Lot's of cast iron. Says SINGER at the bottom base. This machine was meant to go in my house. It looks and matches this room perfectly.
The wheels actually still roll.WOW!

Munky.

That's so cool, Munky! My grandma had a couple of treadle Singers, similar sounding to yours, drop down and all. I learned to sew on one.

Here's Roughy,
Serial # G4220109

My craft area is a chaotic well managed mess. The table in the back is my last sewing table that was my MIL's that I had redone,modified.

Ooh, pretty.

I love all the pretty leaves and decorative design elements on the machine. Can you imagine anyone doing that nowadays?

Last edited:
Nice! Grandma's didn't have the surrounding wood cabinet, the machine turned upside down and dropped down, as I recall the stand was all cast iron.

You have a real treasure, and they sewed really well. Loved the treadle.

Ohhh, so it's a treadle.

For something that's been sitting for so long everything seems to be moving smoothly. I'll have to do some digging to find some needles for it. How one that's pristine looks like. I think Singer has manuals for it. Still not sure what the front fold down drawer is for.It has 3 separate compartments.

My husband's going to have a fit when he sees this."Another new project?"
Even if it never works again.It's awesome to look at.

Munky.

Munky, you really need to try sewing with it. There's something soothing and almost hypnotic about a treadle machine. You control the speed, and can make it go as fast or slow as you want. It stops on a dime. You should be able to use standard needles, as I recall, it's a screw mechanism that locks the needle in.

Munky, you really need to try sewing with it. There's something soothing and almost hypnotic about a treadle machine. You control the speed, and can make it go as fast or slow as you want. It stops on a dime. You should be able to use standard needles, as I recall, it's a screw mechanism that locks the needle in.
The needle part sounds like I remember from old hand crank and electric Singers.

I tried a treadle sewing machine once. I couldn't get it going. It just kept going forwards and backwards. I was told you have to spin the balance wheel to get it going. I had to look up what that big round wheel on the opposite end from the head is called.

The needle part sounds like I remember from old hand crank and electric Singers.

I tried a treadle sewing machine once. I couldn't get it going. It just kept going forwards and backwards. I was told you have to spin the balance wheel to get it going. I had to look up what that big round wheel on the opposite end from the head is called.

You tip your feet forward to make it go forward, and backward to backstitch. Just keep on rockin' the treadle!

...Himself is taking you to Lowes? Uh Oh! :angel:

Yup, he did! :w00t: I love Lowes! Would rather go there than any other store. Well, except Bed Bath and Beyond or any other kitchen goodies store. (Usually) like to grocery shop too.

Unfortunately, they didn't seem to have the exact part Himself was looking for. Tomorrow we head to a plumbing supply house! So much better than Macys...

Ohhh, so it's a treadle.

For something that's been sitting for so long everything seems to be moving smoothly. I'll have to do some digging to find some needles for it. How one that's pristine looks like. I think Singer has manuals for it. Still not sure what the front fold down drawer is for.It has 3 separate compartments.

My husband's going to have a fit when he sees this."Another new project?"
Even if it never works again.It's awesome to look at.

Munky.

Oh My! You have my Mom's treadle machine! Her's looked just like that. I gave it away when we were cleaning out the folks' home because the drawers were a bit stuck - poor thing had been in the basement when we had a flood. :( Enjoy playing with it. IIRC, the front drawer was used by Mom for embroidery scissors, thimbles, and a small pin cushion.

Yup, he did! :w00t: I love Lowes! Would rather go there than any other store. Well, except Bed Bath and Beyond or any other kitchen goodies store. (Usually) like to grocery shop too.

Unfortunately, they didn't seem to have the exact part Himself was looking for. Tomorrow we head to a plumbing supply house! So much better than Macys...

I should have Shrek take me to Lowe's and I can grab a motor cart and wander to hearts delight.

We had to go with a new garbage pickup service. Our subdivision has had real issues with our current service, they're supposed to pick up trash every week, but for the last few months have averaged about 4 times due to truck breakdown, yadayadayada. Not too much a problem for us as we don't accumulate much trash, but they're not doing what they're paid to do.

Anyway, the new service delivered our new garbage can today, and it still has that new garbage can smell! And it is big enough to house a family of 4, I wouldn't be surprised to find a homeless person living in it.

We recycle almost everything, so I'm trying to come up with something we can put in the new huge garbage can.

Back
Top Bottom