What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I don't know... crap, lol.
Old keyboards, monitors, a boatload of coloring pencils/markers/pastels, colored paper, cd rom games that probably won't work on the newer softwares, plus the hand controler thingy, an ancient external hard drive, clocks, pictures and knick knacks I'll never hang or set up... I've got a lot of stuff that's garbage to me, but probably worth something to someone. I've got a bunch of Budweiser stuff too, like fishing lures, miniature trucks, billard rack, box that looks like an old crate... I've got more stuff than I know what to do with. Anybody want an Atari? lol

Nope! We have one DH won't throw out because "it's going to be worth money some day!" LOL NOT

We have stuff like that too, Pac. I want to just throw it away, but DH won't let me. I will hand him this....he made our attic exhaust fan out of a bunch of junk he had laying around. The blade from an old box fan, a motor he took off something...the only thing he had to buy was the louvers that open and close when you turn on the fan. DH would love to rummage through your stuff! My grandson would love to have the colored pencils, markers and paper.

I don't know the Julia Child kind. Not by that name anyway.
The kind that she makes in a video.

This kind:

cafecampomelette.jpg

Not this kind:

omelette-jambon410.jpg

I should have taken pix, but we were hungry. I'll try to remember pix next time.

There are recycling places that take apart electronics. I don't think you'll make much money, maybe try Ebay or Craigslist? The Budweiser stuff would probably be worth something to those who collect it, I was shocked at how much the comic books and Tonka toys went for to collectors when I had Mom's auction.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing, except the part about your mum.

I have to go kill off another small grove of trees, copying everything and anything I can think of to verify my existence and citizenship...just to buy health insurance. There isn't much they ask for, but I'm making sure anything that might bring up another question (like why my last name on my birth certificate is different than my name now...duh! I got married!) I'm beginning to feel a little bit like Santa and the M&M guys!

M&Ms Christmas Commercial: THEY DO EXIST! - YouTube

Oh I don't know... crap, lol.
Old keyboards, monitors, a boatload of coloring pencils/markers/pastels, colored paper, cd rom games that probably won't work on the newer softwares, plus the hand controler thingy, an ancient external hard drive, clocks, pictures and knick knacks I'll never hang or set up... I've got a lot of stuff that's garbage to me, but probably worth something to someone. I've got a bunch of Budweiser stuff too, like fishing lures, miniature trucks, billard rack, box that looks like an old crate... I've got more stuff than I know what to do with. Anybody want an Atari? lol

Donate the coloring pencils/markers/pastels to a Jr High (Middle School?) or High School art department.

I have to go kill off another small grove of trees, copying everything and anything I can think of to verify my existence and citizenship...just to buy health insurance. There isn't much they ask for, but I'm making sure anything that might bring up another question (like why my last name on my birth certificate is different than my name now...duh! I got married!) I'm beginning to feel a little bit like Santa and the M&M guys!

M&Ms Christmas Commercial: THEY DO EXIST! - YouTube
Do you have a scanner? Most modern photocopiers have hard disks. If you don't want your personal info, that you are copying, to possibly get into the wrong hands, scan it at home or at a friend's place.

I'm watching Chopped Canada in the hospital. Got here yesterday. I was extremely dehydrated; it's amazing what five bags of fluid does for a body, lol. I know it's not funny but January was one of the worst months of my life and I just want to get past it at this point. Hopefully I'm going home tomorrow and can get back to cooking soon.

I'm watching Chopped Canada in the hospital. Got here yesterday. I was extremely dehydrated; it's amazing what five bags of fluid does for a body, lol. I know it's not funny but January was one of the worst months of my life and I just want to get past it at this point. Hopefully I'm going home tomorrow and can get back to cooking soon.

You aren't supposed to get dehydrated:ohmy:...I hope you are feeling much better.

Oh no, GG! What happened?

This turned out fun! Fresh from the dryer! And a crappy picture!
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1391745916.713056.jpg

Last edited:
It's a long story; I don't really want to get into the details. I just have a complex set of medical issues and managing them depends on balancing a lot of medications and supplements. A bad reaction from a new med for one condition combined with a complication from another condition and things got out of control.

I'm really lucky that I've been with my PCP for over 24 years, since I was first diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and he's a professor at the medical school where I used to work. All my doctors are, and they're exceptional.

Thanks, PF, you're being kind. It really does look better than the pic, it's not photogenic.

It's a long story; I don't really want to get into the details. I just have a complex set of medical issues and managing them depends on balancing a lot of medications and supplements. A bad reaction from a new med for one condition combined with a complication from another condition and things got out of control.

I'm really lucky that I've been with my PCP for over 24 years, since I was first diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and he's a professor at the medical school where I used to work. All my doctors are, and they're exceptional.

Well, {{{GG}}}}. Hope you feel better soon!

Will you be backing it? And I'm not being kind, just brutally honest.

I think I'll leave it as is. It's pretty heavy. Have a few more pairs of jeans and whacked off jean legs, may make some more lap blankets for the local nursing home.

I think I finally refigured out my sewing machine, I had the tension on 0. Not a good thing. Duh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom