What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm whooped so I'm sitting here waiting on a last minute load to finish in the dryer. Packing for a month away from home seems close to moving. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering what became of the pineapple I bought last week. Good thing I found it in the trunk this morning as it sure would have stunk up the car after a month in our warm climate. I keep thinking there's something else I've forgotten. I have to be sure to pack my pillow in the morning..never leave home without it. We will be picked up for the airport tomorrow evening flying 14 hrs to Buenos Aires with a layover in Lima. Buzzer went off on the dryer. I'll be back before tomorrow evening.
That is a dream trip you have planned Kayelle. Have a great flight and fair seas. Pics would be nice too. ;)

I'm picking out glasses. I went to the optometrist at Sears today. They had "promotions". One pair of frames free with the lenses. Bifocal lenses: $495. Or, Two pairs of glasses for the price of one plus one other extra. Their cheapest frames were $245. But, even without looking at price, I didn't like any of the frames.

So far, I have picked out three pairs of glasses with oleophobic, anti-reflective, UV protecting, anti-scratch coating and clip on sun shades. The total is $156.55. Last time I bought from them, the shipping was just under $10 and took just over a week. Sears takes 10 days to get the glasses ready. I wonder if they get them from China too. I'm still deciding on the rimless glasses. I may get something else. Decisions, decisions.

I'm picking out glasses. I went to the optometrist at Sears today. They had "promotions". One pair of frames free with the lenses. Bifocal lenses: $495. Or, Two pairs of glasses for the price of one plus one other extra. Their cheapest frames were $245. But, even without looking at price, I didn't like any of the frames.

So far, I have picked out three pairs of glasses with oleophobic, anti-reflective, UV protecting, anti-scratch coating and clip on sun shades. The total is $156.55. Last time I bought from them, the shipping was just under $10 and took just over a week. Sears takes 10 days to get the glasses ready. I wonder if they get them from China too. I'm still deciding on the rimless glasses. I may get something else. Decisions, decisions.

I've thought about ordering some glasses from zenni optical just for kicks, the prices are awesome and I've heard really good things about them. It would be fun to have a bunch of different frames.

I've thought about ordering some glasses from zenni optical just for kicks, the prices are awesome and I've heard really good things about them. It would be fun to have a bunch of different frames.
That's who I ordered from. Yeah, that's why I bought three pairs of glasses. I always want a spare pair for emergencies and I bought one pair that are red. I also like to have one pair that are metal, because the "arms" interfere less with peripheral vision, but I don't like those nose pad thingees, so I also want to have at least one pair in plastic/acrylic with the moulded on nose thingees.

I have ordered from them twice before and I've been happy with the glasses.

They have a huge selection of non-designer frames. They have a neat thing where you upload a picture of yourself and you can see what the glasses will look like on you.

If you have never ordered glasses online, you will need to know your PD (pupillary distance). Most optometrists won't tell you what it is. You will probably need to get your sweety to measure it for you. It isn't hard. The PD also helps the thing with the photo show the glasses the right size on your face.

(((Hugs CG))). I sure hope you get that straightened out soon.
Thanks taxy. I spent 48 minutes on the phone today and found out they apparently took that one check and applied it twice! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I also could not verify online that my EFT is actually set up to pay my premium monthly because that part of the website isn't working. *sigh* At least everyone agrees that I DO have health insurance effective March 1, so that's a good thing.

I swear the way they set the websites up and the process you have to go through to get insurance is akin to sending a new cruise ship out on its maiden voyage...without checking for leaks or properly functioning mechanicals. Everyone on the ship is sinking and drowning while those who designed it are back on land safe and sound. :glare:

As a bonus, there is no one there to give you funny looks as you shop in your jammies. ;)

If you wear jammies...:cool:

Just having a quiet cup of coffee before I start the rest of my day. Work today, sigh. guess I should fold all that clean laundry too.

Last edited:
That's who I ordered from. Yeah, that's why I bought three pairs of glasses. I always want a spare pair for emergencies and I bought one pair that are red. I also like to have one pair that are metal, because the "arms" interfere less with peripheral vision, but I don't like those nose pad thingees, so I also want to have at least one pair in plastic/acrylic with the moulded on nose thingees.

I have ordered from them twice before and I've been happy with the glasses.

They have a huge selection of non-designer frames. They have a neat thing where you upload a picture of yourself and you can see what the glasses will look like on you.

If you have never ordered glasses online, you will need to know your PD (pupillary distance). Most optometrists won't tell you what it is. You will probably need to get your sweety to measure it for you. It isn't hard. The PD also helps the thing with the photo show the glasses the right size on your face.

Gee TL, here they have to give you all your information in writing. I get a copy of my eye exam every year with complete information. Even though my glasses are paid for completely by my health plan. I have a pair of Sophia Loren frames that look really good on me and are very comfortable. This will be the fourth year that I will have my new lens made for them. My reading glasses? Who cares. They are never seen outside of my home. But I do have a pair for the computer and one just for reading. Both have the same frame, just different colors. :angel:

Just got back from a stress test. Heart's fine. Dr. thinks I should exercise and lose weight.

Exercise isn't just for losing weight. It will KEEP your heart "fine", strengthen your lungs, lower your BP, cholesterol, and triglycerides, increase your endurance, strengthen your bones, keep your joints limber.....

When the weather warms up, you can get outside and run around with your grandson.

As a bonus, there is no one there to give you funny looks as you shop in your jammies. ;)

Speaking of shopping in your jammies....this morning DH woke up at 4:30 with the realization that he forgot to put the trash out before he went to bed, so he had to get up and put it out. Which woke me up, so we put on a pot of coffee. Once we were awake, we decided to go to WalMart. At least we got a good parking space! I always wondered what it was like to shop when no one else was there. Now this is going to be a very long day.

Pac, the people across the street from us get a UPS package a couple times a week. I know they shop online. I don't know where they're putting all this stuff!

Exercise isn't just for losing weight. It will KEEP your heart "fine", strengthen your lungs, lower your BP, cholesterol, and triglycerides, increase your endurance, strengthen your bones, keep your joints limber.....

When the weather warms up, you can get outside and run around with your grandson.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I know all that and more. I hear it every time I go to the Dr. and again yesterday when I had the stress test. The Dr. eve started quoting Buddha and Yoda(!). At that point I told him to stop, he was getting too philosophical.

Just made a killer omelet with shallots, mushrooms, leftover ribeye and gruyere. Mmmmmm, delicious.

Groo-yare rhymes with hair.

Now Carol, we both know his grandson could outrun him any day. :angel:

I'm cleaning out the utility closet. Good lord, the stuff I found in there. Managed to reduce the rag collection by 2/3, found a bunch of insulated lunch bags we've never used, and will be donating those, along with garden shoes and pot holders I haven't used for years to Goodwill. Reorganized the dusters and other cleaning stuff which hopefully the cleaning lady will put back instead of hiding them all over the house.

Next up is to call DirecTV as the receiver in the family room quit working. I did all the troubleshooting, nada. Not looking forward to sitting on hold for an eternity. I think the thing is shot.

I see you are using your retirement wisely. Who knows the surprises awaiting you in those other closets.

It could be another project that's started but never finished.

I'm assuming there are more closets....

Ain't retirement fun!

Last edited:
I see you are using your retirement wisely. Who knows the surprises awaiting you in those other closets.

It could be another project that's started but never finished.

I'm assuming there are more closets....

Ain't retirement fun!

Thanks Zhizara, I'm loving it! The days still seem to go by so fast.

Next up is mucking out the guest bedroom. We'd have great difficulty fitting a guest in there, as it's taken up by all our travel gear, DH's vast collection of extra tshirts and shorts, and suitcases.

Gee TL, here they have to give you all your information in writing. I get a copy of my eye exam every year with complete information. Even though my glasses are paid for completely by my health plan. I have a pair of Sophia Loren frames that look really good on me and are very comfortable. This will be the fourth year that I will have my new lens made for them. My reading glasses? Who cares. They are never seen outside of my home. But I do have a pair for the computer and one just for reading. Both have the same frame, just different colors. :angel:
Here they have to give me the entire prescription except the PD. The optometrist explained that that was taken when dispensing Rx glasses. If someone takes their 'script to an optician, the optician measures it.

Thanks Zhizara, I'm loving it! The days still seem to go by so fast.

Next up is mucking out the guest bedroom. We'd have great difficulty fitting a guest in there, as it's taken up by all our travel gear, DH's vast collection of extra tshirts and shorts, and suitcases.
Our spare bedroom is filled with old computers and parts of old computers. It won't get cleared out until I feel like hauling all that crap to the city electronic recycling depot.

Back
Top Bottom