What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a sample of a Pain Management Contract. (They vary slightly from state to state and probably from office to office). Some are even more restrictive, some more tolerant:...
Cave, I think you can't post that whole thing here, just a segment and a link. I'm not sure, but I know from warnings issued on other forums that posting anything in it's entirety is a violation of copy-write laws and could get the forum, you, or both dinged with a fine. Or jail. Might want to check with a mod about it for sure, but just to be safe a sample-and-link or link-only to the article you want to feature is the safest way. Not to mention that limiting it to just a small sample won't crash older computers when we try to quote it. :ermm: Just sayin'...;)

I don't see him being a "tattletale" taxy. The young man had a well-documented medical situation that had been managed for several years by his life-long doctor. He grew up about an hour south of Boston in a smaller community where everyone knows everyone. When he graduated college and got a job he made the mistake of working in a big city AND for a college. Had to change docs. Well obviously anyone who comes in contact with college students must be a pusher, right? :rolleyes: I think this is more of a case of his newer doctor with his newer insurer covering their butts. I've noticed that over the years it seems like younger doctors with fresher degrees are much more lawsuit-shy than an older doctor who knows his first job is to make his patient healthy and comfortable. ...
"... but the patient filed a complaint with the medical board...and now no doctor will take him as a patient."

I didn't mean that there was anything wrong with filing a complaint. I meant I think "tattletale" is how the doctors see it.

Ah, got it taxy! Like I said earlier, I think some doctors are more afraid of lawsuits and follow the exact, book-learned letter of the law than of trying to tackle a situation using common sense. Common sense isn't so common anymore...:neutral:

Ah, got it taxy! Like I said earlier, I think some doctors are more afraid of lawsuits and follow the exact, book-learned letter of the law than of trying to tackle a situation using common sense. Common sense isn't so common anymore...:neutral:

Bazinga!

"There were 30,516 attorneys registered with the Japan Bar Association as of March 2011. That would be approximately one lawyer for every 4,119 people. By comparison the American Bar Association claimed over 1.2 million active attorneys in the United States. That would be roughly one lawyer for every 250 people."

Too many lawyers in Japan, says Ministry of Internal Affairs | Majirox News

What am I doing? Nuthin'. I should be doing something since I have gardening and cleaning and chicken to prep and freeze and.... Meanwhile, I'm mostly sitting and keeping LittleBit company. She's going through her "limp as a rag, throwing up a lot" phase again. Just last night she was tearing through the house like she was chasing a mouse. After I clean up this last "urp" (right in front of the bedroom door - thanks cat) I think I'll spend some quality time petting my sick charge.

When kitty feels better would someone please come and give me a swift kick? You don't have to worry about injury or a lawsuit because my hiney isn't tiny. :LOL::LOL:

CG, I'm right there with you! I got up early this morning to volunteer with the master gardeners and now I'm resting my sore feet, sitting on the porch with a nice glass of wine.

We had our biannual Open Garden and Plant Sale today, as well as our table at the weekly farmers' market downtown. I took some muffins to the extension office for the volunteers' breakfast and then went to the market. There were more than enough people to staff the table, so I went back to the office to help out there and take pictures of the day for our Facebook page.

And I made these gorgeous deviled eggs for the volunteers' lunch. They were a big hit! :)

Attachments

• 1399148055069.jpg
    1399148055069.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 171
I just got back from errands. Got a lot done, despite the wind blowing me halfway across parking lots. :glare: Got a few things at Albertsons, went to Home Depot for a new toilet flapper :angel: and chose a new ceiling fan for the living room while I was there. Forget clothes shopping and the dreaded malls, I LOVE Home Depot, it's my favorite place to shop! :LOL: Picked up a couple of things from the cleaners, stopped at a roadside stand for some yummy fresh picked tomatoes, hit a couple of yard sales, had the car washed and vacuumed out, and I think that's about it. Time for a glass of wine. :)

I just got back from errands. Got a lot done, despite the wind blowing me halfway across parking lots. :glare: Got a few things at Albertsons, went to Home Depot for a new toilet flapper :angel: and chose a new ceiling fan for the living room while I was there. Forget clothes shopping and the dreaded malls, I LOVE Home Depot, it's my favorite place to shop! :LOL: Picked up a couple of things from the cleaners, stopped at a roadside stand for some yummy fresh picked tomatoes, hit a couple of yard sales, had the car washed and vacuumed out, and I think that's about it. Time for a glass of wine. :)

Forget the glass, I'd go for the bottle, Cheryl!

Give me a hardware store over a clothing store anytime :)

I'm wearing my Fascinator, my ratty t-shirt circa 1995, and my garden jeans that predate my t-shirt, awaiting the Running of the Roses.

Last edited:
...Forget clothes shopping and the dreaded malls, I LOVE Home Depot, it's my favorite place to shop! :LOL:...
I'm with you too ladies. Anywhere but a fashion store. Give me grocery stores and hardware stores for my fun times. Do you have Lowe's by you? That is our big box fun store of choice - our daughter works for one in OH. Her current position is normally manager of the paint department, but right now she's filling in for a manager above her who is on maternity leave right now. Loverly's store manager is grooming her for movement into and up through the management ranks. Needless to say, we don't shop Home Depot unless we have to go there.

And I agree with Dawg. A bottle of wine and one of those long straws from a sports bottle. If you use a bendy one you can still slurp wine while you slide down in your chair. ;)

I am enjoying a rainy afternoon in my studio playing with my cricut cutter while TB is working on my large table setting up some of his light show equipment.

Violet is on her bed (which is under the big table) and Monkey is in TB's office asleep in the tray of his 3-step ladder :LOL:

Forget the glass, I'd go for the bottle, Cheryl!

Give me a hardware store over a clothing store anytime :)

I'm wearing my Fascinator, my ratty t-shirt circa 1995, and my garden jeans that predate my t-shirt, awaiting the Running of the Roses.

Dawg....have you ever heard the late and great Dan Fogelberg's song Run For The Roses? I have his greatest hits CD and that song still brings tears to my eyes after all these years. :)
Run For The Roses By Dan Fogelberg - YouTube

I'm with you too ladies. Anywhere but a fashion store. Give me grocery stores and hardware stores for my fun times. Do you have Lowe's by you? That is our big box fun store of choice - our daughter works for one in OH. Her current position is normally manager of the paint department, but right now she's filling in for a manager above her who is on maternity leave right now. Loverly's store manager is grooming her for movement into and up through the management ranks. Needless to say, we don't shop Home Depot unless we have to go there.

And I agree with Dawg. A bottle of wine and one of those long straws from a sports bottle. If you use a bendy one you can still slurp wine while you slide down in your chair. ;)

LOL....I need one of those big straws. :LOL: Unfortunately, today I only had 2 small glasses left in my wine bottle and I'm not going back to the store today. :wacko:

We don't have a Lowe's here but I love that store, too! I'm out in the boonies here and we only have Home Depot and a couple of little hardware stores. Anything else is in the city about a hundred miles away. :wacko: Congrats to your daughter on moving up at Lowe's - can totally understand you being loyal to them! :cool:

GG, those deviled eggs are so pretty! What a fun way to serve them. How did you do that? :)

Thanks, everyone! :) To make them, I peeled hard-boiled eggs and dipped the whites in the same food coloring gel/water/vinegar mix they sell for colored whole eggs. Then dry on paper towels and fill. Fun!

Had your husband signed a Pain Contract? Are you saying he took more than was rx'd? Or did he have a REAL overdose, which can be extremely dangerous.

No pain contract. He took more of the Percocets that were prescribed, and came awfully close to taking more than the recommended max dose according to the internet. He was taking them way sooner than recommended. He switched to Advil because he got too constipated with the Percocets. Then he was taking more Advil than the recommended max dose, and when I called him on it he cut back and is just living with the pain during the day but taking Advil at night so he can sleep.

Back
Top Bottom