What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Working on getting ready for work...no motivation. I'd like to choke the person who decided an early Monday meeting would be intelligent.

I was creating a Word document a few minutes ago and the wretched thing crashed. When I logged in again it advised me that they were restoring it to the version created on 01/01/1601 !!!!!

I know my laptop isn't exactly this week's model but that's ridiculous!

I'm feeling very relaxed and mellow.

TB bought "me" (read as us LOL) a mini inflatable hot tub so I can walk in water when I don't get to the pool and so I can relax my muscles since I can't get in either of our bathtubs even with the grab bars and TB's assistance. it is 6' square and 3' high, but just perfect for little laps and for me to stretch out from corner to corner. Even without the jets on, the warm water is so soothing. So yesterday and today I was in morning and night.

Perfect for after a big cake project - and I start another one tomorrow!
A good long warm soak is s-o-o good when you have muscle and joint pain. I miss a bath since I moved here as there is only a shower. I know a shower is more hygienic, more economical, quicker, etc but it isn't the same.

Last edited:
I'm feeling very relaxed and mellow.

TB bought "me" (read as us LOL) a mini inflatable hot tub so I can walk in water when I don't get to the pool and so I can relax my muscles since I can't get in either of our bathtubs even with the grab bars and TB's assistance. it is 6' square and 3' high, but just perfect for little laps and for me to stretch out from corner to corner. Even without the jets on, the warm water is so soothing. So yesterday and today I was in morning and night.

Perfect for after a big cake project - and I start another one tomorrow!

Cool to have that at home. Nothing feels as good as slipping into a hot tub with the jets massaging your body with warm water.

I am sitting in the er after my second fall in 3 days. This one was falling out of bed in a deep sleep. looks like a mild concussion and at least one cracked rib.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I am sitting in the er after my second fall in 3 days. This one was falling out of bed in a deep sleep. looks like a mild concussion and at least one cracked rib.

Oh noes! Don't have done that. (((Gentle hugs))).

Oh no! You need a different hobby, LP, this falling stuff is not working! Feel better soon!

Just got back from the pool. No rugrats today!

still here still no answers. They may keep me in for observation but I hope not.

Sitting with my feet propped up and enjoying a nice cold brew. Just spent a couple of hours doing the annual scrubbing/detailing of our shower doors.

Glenn takes them off for me and sets them up on sawhorses out on the back porch. Then I "go to town" cleaning the year's film, etc. off. They're not too awfully bad because I do an interim cleaning at the first of each month, but that's while they're still attached to the frame in the bathroom.

I'm a bit picky about cleaning stuff and the bathrooms and kitchen are my highest priority victims.

I discovered a great industrial tile/shower cleaner at Sam's that's nothing short of awesome. But...I have to wear stuff that I don't care gets ruined. There's some sort of heavy-duty bleach in it that takes the color out of anything immediately, but it cleans like a son-of-a-gun.

The doors and the track and frame inside are clean and like new and ready for another year and I'm enjoyin' my beer.

One of our son's just called from Paris, France to wish his dad a happy birthday. They are over there because our grandson who lives there is getting married next week in Denmark. About 1/2 hour later our grandson also called to wish his grandpa a happy birthday. How exciting. We sure wish we could be with them, but for health reasons we couldn't go. :( Can't wait to hear all about the trip and see all of the pictures.

They changed their minds and let me go. no concussion and only bruised ribs and jaw. just proves i am tough old broad.

LP...no more falling, will have to get you a sumo suit

Attachments

• sumo.jpg
    sumo.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 147
Watching the news, just like I do every night. Hoping to get to bed early, I really need the extra sleep.

Fasting. Not a remarkable feat since we just finished dinner. I have to go for blood tests tomorrow morning in preparation for a medical appointment next Monday.

LP, glad to hear it wasn't more serious. Hope the aches and pains go away soon.

JoAnn, what a nice surprise! Nothing better than having bday phone calls from the kids and grands, if they can't be with you. Happy birthday to your DH. :)

Katie...it's about time for me to take the master bath shower doors off for a good cleaning, too. I've been less than happy with what I've bought over the years, even though I clean them pretty regularly, too. Care to share what product you bought at Sam's that you're so happy with? :) I just bought a bottle of commercial Zep "All Around" at Home Depot, but haven't tried it yet. :)

As for what I'm doing, pretty much nothing. :) Listening to a past episode of "California's Gold" on PBS while I fiddle around on here and in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom