What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will need to see the pic when it is all done.

Right now I am cursing Comcast, Windows, Norton, and a few other companies that are living inside my computer. It seems like they have all chosen today to install something they think I can't live without. And they just have to cause a restart. Nothing ever works without a restart. :angel:

I replaced a drive in one of my computers and put fresh Windows 7 on it. So for 2 days, it had to download and update nearly constantly, enough restarts that it made it nearly unusable.

I'm still sore, but I got all my prep work done except for frying up the sliced mushrooms..

I'm going to be working on The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) recipe for Beef & Broccoli.

I got all the extra ingredients now. .

It's supposed to be served over Chow Mein, but too many no no ingredients, so I'm thinking of making something else using bean sprouts. I have a couple of cans, so all I need to do is figure out what to add to make it interesting as well as delicious.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Today something fairly remarkable happened to me. I used to be a singer/songwriter (in the last century), performing in clubs. That all tailed off as it gave way to other creative outlets like writing poetry and then doing stand up comedy. So music, which was my main passion (for about 2 decades) took a back seat. So much so that I hadn't even taken my guitar out of its case for 22 years! I just hadn't felt like playing.

This morning I woke up with the song "fly me to the moon" playing in my head. It's a gentle, jazzy number and I recall how it felt playing it. I also had one of my songs playing on my mind too. They provided the incentive to finally get the guitar out of its guitar case! Seeing it again after so long felt like reacquainting with an old friend.

I was pleased that the strings didn't break (after so long). Of course I was very rusty and clumsy but....early days!
color.gif

Wow, ardchoille, you are inspiring! Way to go.

I am enjoying a cup of tea before feeding the fur kids and then it is back to work. I have a friend coming to discuss how we are going to stage our place to sell and I have some stuff to pack up before she arrives.

I still have to take it easy and work in spurts as I tire so easily, but when I am able to do something I feel much better.

Today something fairly remarkable happened to me. I used to be a singer/songwriter (in the last century), performing in clubs. That all tailed off as it gave way to other creative outlets like writing poetry and then doing stand up comedy. So music, which was my main passion (for about 2 decades) took a back seat. So much so that I hadn't even taken my guitar out of its case for 22 years! I just hadn't felt like playing.

This morning I woke up with the song "fly me to the moon" playing in my head. It's a gentle, jazzy number and I recall how it felt playing it. I also had one of my songs playing on my mind too. They provided the incentive to finally get the guitar out of its guitar case! Seeing it again after so long felt like reacquainting with an old friend.

I was pleased that the strings didn't break (after so long). Of course I was very rusty and clumsy but....early days!
color.gif
So great to hear, Creative! I know when I got my writing mojo back I felt so good! I love "Fly Me To The Moon". Now you have it swimming around in my head! :)

Wow, ardchoille, you are inspiring! Way to go.

I am enjoying a cup of tea before feeding the fur kids and then it is back to work. I have a friend coming to discuss how we are going to stage our place to sell and I have some stuff to pack up before she arrives.

I still have to take it easy and work in spurts as I tire so easily, but when I am able to do something I feel much better.

More inspiration for you :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 157

color.gif

It's wonderful to rediscover your muse!

Last edited:
I'm still sore, but I got all my prep work done except for frying up the sliced mushrooms..

I'm going to be working on The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) recipe for Beef & Broccoli.

I got all the extra ingredients now. .

It's supposed to be served over Chow Mein, but too many no no ingredients, so I'm thinking of making something else using bean sprouts. I have a couple of cans, so all I need to do is figure out what to add to make it interesting as well as delicious.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Celery? Cabbage? Mushrooms? Any shredded veggie. Diced small any leftover meat in the fridge? Corn starch slurry to bring it all together.

Keeping in mind that Chow Mein is an American dish in origin. So you can make it using any veggie you have on hand. Limit the carbs and use low sodium soy sauce. :angel:

...I was pleased that the strings didn't break (after so long). Of course I was very rusty and clumsy but....early days!...
Good for you, creative! I keep putting off resuming guitar playing because I remember how much my fretting hand finger tips hurt for the first month. :cry: I hope your fingertips toughen up quickly.

About those strings...they could be the least of your worries. If you were afraid they might have broken, I'm going to guess that you stored your guitar tuned all the way up. Since I play a 12-string, I always keep mine down-tuned, so there is always some slack on the strings. I use a capo to get back to standard tuning. You may know this or not, but sometimes a guitar stored with full tension on the strings can end up with either a warped neck or a little separation of the bridge from the body. If you haven't thought to check those parts over, it wouldn't hurt to give them a look-see. If you aren't sure you know what to look for, you really don't need to go to a music shop if you know someone who is knowledgeable about guitar parts. I was lucky when I had mine looked at - the guitarist with my old church's music program also played semi-professionally.

Again, good luck with your playing. I bet the rust falls away pretty quickly.

Home from the gym and enjoying a mixed-berry protein smoothie I made with my new Magic Bullet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 116
It is so good to have you back. How is Shrek holding up? Take your time. The boxes do not have legs so they aren't going anywhere. One box at a time.

Were you able to get any time off from work to accommodate the move? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom