What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, Cheryl, you would not believe it...and we fly all the time!

Happy birthday to "our" dear Tyler! He's a big boy now!

Thank you, Dawg. He sure is getting to be a big boy - pretty sure he's going to be taller than me by the time he's 10. :)

Just taking a break from trying to hang wallpaper in the bathroom. I am a seasoned wallpaper hanger and this is a decent quality of paper but this is causing very blue air in my house. It keeps falling off! I thought the first time it was because I'd stripped the old paper off and found the old 1920s oil paint on the walls so I dealt with that by painting the wall with wallpaper paste and letting it dry before going back to it, putting another coat of paste (same reliable make, different package, so not likely to be a problem with the paste) on the wall, pasted the paper and stuck it up. By now it was 2am so I went to bed. Got up this morning and went into the bathroom and the better part of yesterday's work was lying on the floor sneering at me!

God, I wish I'd married a rich man when I had the chance (or a good do-it-yourself-er would do).

Oh boogers. That would be annoying as heck, MC, and I've been known to have the patience of a saint. Pretty certain the air would turn blue around me too if I went through that!

Thank you, Dawg. He sure is getting to be a big boy - pretty sure he's going to be taller than me by the time he's 10. :)

My gorgeous three year old nephew :wub: is as tall as a six year old.

Of course, he doesn't quite act like a six year old at three, but he should be a very good basketball player when he gets to high school!

Last edited:
Just taking a break from trying to hang wallpaper in the bathroom. I am a seasoned wallpaper hanger and this is a decent quality of paper but this is causing very blue air in my house. It keeps falling off! I thought the first time it was because I'd stripped the old paper off and found the old 1920s oil paint on the walls so I dealt with that by painting the wall with wallpaper paste and letting it dry before going back to it, putting another coat of paste (same reliable make, different package, so not likely to be a problem with the paste) on the wall, pasted the paper and stuck it up. By now it was 2am so I went to bed. Got up this morning and went into the bathroom and the better part of yesterday's work was lying on the floor sneering at me!

God, I wish I'd married a rich man when I had the chance (or a good do-it-yourself-er would do).

MC, When I only had two kids, my sister would watch them, and I would go to work with my BIL doing remodeling. When he had a wallpaper job to do, after removing all the old paper, he had a large block of wood with a medium grit of sandpaper wrapped around it. He would go over all the walls with it. Just enough for the paste to have something to grab. Try roughing up just one area large enough for one strip and see if that helps. It sounds like the dry paste is too slippery for the wet paste to cling to. :angel:

Since you fly a lot, would you qualify for the express lane? :angel:

We have Global Entry and TSA Precheck, but when coming back from an international flight, at least in Atlanta, everyone still has to go through the agents and a body scan if they have a connecting flight. It's always somewhat insulting after we've been breezing through without having to remove shoes and getting cavity-searched!

Here it is 5:30 a.m. I have been awake for an hour and a half. I just reached for my first cigarette of the day. Two weeks ago, I reached for my first and lit it as I raced for the outhouse as soon as I woke. The Chantix have kicked in full force. Last week was the introductory week of introducing the drug into my system. I mentioned to my daughter yesterday that I had noticed that I was smoking less and less this past week. So I am on my way.

I am halfway through my cigarette and had to put it out. Brings on a hard coughing spell. Not good for the heart.

My goal is to be not smoking at the end of a month of being on the Chantix. :angel:

Just got home about half an hour ago. Unpacked the car and put a few things from the cooler into the fridge. Just waiting for the hot water tank to heat the water enough so we don't fully wake when we wash our faces. Then it's off to sleep till about noon...on Thursday! :D

Just got home about half an hour ago. Unpacked the car and put a few things from the cooler into the fridge. Just waiting for the hot water tank to heat the water enough so we don't fully wake when we wash our faces. Then it's off to sleep till about noon...on Thursday! :D

Welcome back. Massachusetts missed you. Get some much needed sleep. :angel:

Can't stop watching the news. In 1981, my mom gave me a trip to Europe for my high school graduation present. So 35 years ago today, I was in Nice, France, watching the fireworks for Bastille Day. I'm really sad watching the coverage of the insane attack there today :(

Can't stop watching the news. In 1981, my mom gave me a trip to Europe for my high school graduation present. So 35 years ago today, I was in Nice, France, watching the fireworks for Bastille Day. I'm really sad watching the coverage of the insane attack there today :(

Isn't that crazy? :(

Not sure what the solution is. I'm a really good cryer, and when I saw the report, of course the waterworks started up again.

I picked 5 blueberries today! Nothing else had eaten them! I didn't save any for DH, I just ate them. We're both still stumbling around trying to recover from our flight. I swear there's something infectious on the planes. I got coughed on, and now have a mild cough. Nothing horrid, but not something I got on our island.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't. Had the TV on with a "leftover" episode of The Chew oplaying and a "Breaking News" alert comes on. Germany is the latest victim of a terrorist attack. ? Switched the TV off, started to stream a Cleveland radio station, and happy talk instead. The discussion was about how peaceful and successful the convention was this week. Yay! I love The Land and am very proud of my old hometown. And I'm very glad my favorite places are still standing. ?

I started making preserved lemons a few days ago, in anticipation of making Moroccan tagine more this fall and winter. Today I shook it around and pressed it down in the lemon brine. The small jar is filled with water, for weight to keep the lemons submerged.

Attachments

• 1469225953142.jpg
    1469225953142.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 1469225971305.jpg
    1469225971305.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 74
I'm glad the convention was peaceful. Successful? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Anyway...
From a logistics and execution viewpoint, it was a success. I refuse to comment on the results because DC is a non-political forum. ;) I know my old home city is still standing, no one died, few were arrested, cops were praying with protest organizers. :huh: and most importantly, those who attended were impressed with Cleveland. I guess after you host 1.3 million people for the Cavaliers NBA Championship parade, what's a few 100,000 people?

I'm relaxing. And drinking wine - which is helping with the relaxing. Over the last three days I disassembled a shelving unit Himself made when we were living in our apartment, moved a couple pieces of furniture around, and decided I didn't like the layout after all. I spend today (Friday) shuffling furniture around, swapping a couple of pieces, and reassembling the shelving unit. Most stuff has been put back, I have free shelves for a few of my appliances that have been residing in the basement, and the kitchen is slowly becoming more workable. Last job is to scrub and then rub with furniture oil an old dresser of my great aunt - I'm repurposing it to almost all of my spoons/turners/rubber scrapers/whisks/etc that now reside in nearly half a dozen baskets and pitchers. My kitchen is sorely lacking in drawers.

Back
Top Bottom