What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll start another round of "Congratulations!", Kathy Lee! A new home and starting with a fresh space to fill with love is so much fun. Can't wait to see pictures. When you're ready to post, rodentraiser has a thread going. It started with kitchen pictures, but she says it's fine to post all kinds of happy home photos. You can find that thread here: Our Kitchens

I'll start another round of "Congratulations!", Kathy Lee! A new home and starting with a fresh space to fill with love is so much fun. Can't wait to see pictures. When you're ready to post, rodentraiser has a thread going. It started with kitchen pictures, but she says it's fine to post all kinds of happy home photos. You can find that thread here: Our Kitchens

Thanks! I posted some pics.

The Report Is In

It's been one stressful,disappointing day.

Mr.Munky finally had his Angioplasty. We went into the hospital early this morning for his surgery. We went in knowing that he might have stents put in. A possible bypass might have happened if that option didn't work.

They started to. What they came across which is why he's been so sick is he has 3 known blocked arteries, with another one that's just barely hanging by a thread. They talked with him during the whole procedure.Nothing they could do to help him today. After waiting all this time.
What he was told and later confirmed by a top Cardiologist is that Mr. Munky is in serious trouble.

As soon as it can be arranged he needs to have a quintuple (sp) bypass.
Possibly by next week.

The good news is. He will be in the best hospital with the best surgeons.
Now we know why he's been getting worse instead of better. It's fixable.

Maybe a weeks stay at the hospital would be good for him.
He'll get a break from me! :ohmy::neutral:

Oh dear, Munky. So sorry to hear this. Hopefully your DH will soon be feeling good as new!

{{{{{Munky and Mr. Munky}}}}}

So sorry to hear this. It's great you're at a top hospital. From what I've seen, bypass operations result in the most amazing recoveries. Keep positive.

Munky, I'm sad and happy for you at the same time. I'm sorry you have to go through all of the worrying and wondering what would make your DH feel better. However, as Andy said, good doctors and hospitals can fix him all up. I've got you both in my thoughts and prayers for success all the way around. (((hugs)))

BIL had a quadruple (4) bypass and did extremely well. He felt much, much better than he had in a long time almost immediately after recovering from anesthesia. Here's hoping Mr. Munky has the same experience!

Mr. Munky is resting comfortably. He's to get plenty of rest.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Apparently I must have needed it to. Slept way past 2pm yesterday.My body just ached all over. Stayed in bed all day only got up to make him some dinner. Went to bed early. Boy, did I feel guilty. Asked him "Why did you let me sleep so late!" He needs to be careful with his wrist for a few days until the swelling goes down. Yep, I dropped the ball.:ohmy:

Our son's have been such a tremendous help. They've really stepped up to the plate helping us with everything. I guess this Neurotic Mom did ok raising them. We very proud of them both. They've put their agenda's open for when were told the show starts, they will drop it all to be with us. We told them not to, but they say differently. I'm not arguing with them. They're close to Dad.

Yeah, stress will do that to you. I'm glad you got a nice, long sleep. Hopefully you're feeling better today :) It's good to know your sons are ready to step up and help out :heart:

Take care of yourself, and take it easy on yourself. Go with some easy summer meals like fish and salads. Light, healthy food will be good for all of you.

I'm so glad to hear Mr. Munky is comfortable, and that you got such a nice long and much needed sleep. That's wonderful your boys are being such a big help - yep, you raised 'em right! :wub: Sending healing thoughts and prayers to all of you.

BIL had a quadruple (4) bypass and did extremely well. He felt much, much better than he had in a long time almost immediately after recovering from anesthesia. Here's hoping Mr. Munky has the same experience!

He now belongs to "The Zipper Club." Glad to hear that BIL is doing so good. :angel:

He now belongs to "The Zipper Club." Glad to hear that BIL is doing so good. :angel:

Actually, it was just a comment about his experience and hopeful that Mr. Munky has the same. BIL passed away from lung cancer several years ago.

Actually, it was just a comment about his experience and hopeful that Mr. Munky has the same. BIL passed away from lung cancer several years ago.

Sorry 'bout that. I had a quintuplet bypass. I was back to work after four weeks. Nobody was too happy with me, but I was so sick of just sitting at home. I am sure Mr. Munky will do fine also. The most difficult part for me was coming to and having that interbation tube down my throat. My son was standing there and I tried to smile to show him I was all right. Then I gave him a 'thumbs up'. That is when the doctor said I was fine and removed the tube.

I slept a lot for the first week in the hospital, then started to get antsy. Let Mr. Munky sleep if he wants to. He body will have had quite a shock. Any invasion with a scalpel is a shock. And when he gets home, there is that three o'clock wall. He will wake up in the morning feeling full of spit and vinegar. Then comes three o'clock wall and there is no way on earth you will be able to keep him awake.

I wish the best for the both of you. You both are facing a very daunting time. Mr. Munky will surprise you every day. Enjoy each other's company. Plenty of rest and lots of loving care. :angel:

Just got back from our overnight trip to the family picnic and visit with a friend in Laramie. Tired, now I need a lamp. Had to check out and water the garden, first!

Back
Top Bottom