What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why thank you Addie. I was really just joking. So far I have not had a problem swallowing pills... but believe me, should the day come I will certainly remember this! Thanks! (and to the Princess too, certainly a Princess of the people!).

(that's called a suck-up princess, :LOL:)

That's what we Ogres are for...to be as helpful as possible, so you don't chase us with rakes and fire.:ROFLMAO:

Charlie, it doesn't sound like you have been having a fun time lately. I know you don't celebrate it, but Christmas is coming. The time for good cheer and happiness. Hang in there. We all are rooting and pulling for you.

Neah, in the end it turned out fine. Yes, I spent most of the day at the dealership, but I came home with exactly what I wanted. The sales person ended up being a really nice guy. Really nice. We had some laughs, he got me good deal on my trade, better than I could accepted. I'm happy, my wife is happy. Car is for her, I get the old one. It's good with me. Life is good. I still have to deal with my father, but it is a life long challenge. He's always been too tough. To put it politely.
Thanks Addie. Chanukah is coming up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

One of my former roommates from undergrad college and I recently reconnected on FB. She called tonight, and we talked for over an hour! We're still crazy after all these years!

Wondering if the banana nut bread that I was planning on making today would still be ok to make. I'm out of vanilla.Petty worry, I know.

Have to do something constructive today. Mr.Munky's been home for almost a month.Every place that said originally that he's approved for P/T & S/P, Cardio rehab has now called to tell us he's been denied for this or that reason! Appointments cancelled.

I'm not happy. The only P/T he's had is what we've all been working with him at home. The time window for recovery is closing.While the bureaucrats work out the paper work.

I know people are working on it.Just wish they would get their acts together.

Trying to get a post written for my blog but my mind just isn't cooperating. I am supposed to be resting as we are going to a tea tomorrow for a young couple who got married in Ontario and he is from here so they are having the tea to allow people who couldn't go to the wedding to celebrate with them. I am very much looking forward to it so am trying to do as I am told :angel:

But I really feel like trying out a recipe for a gluten/dairy/sugar-free pumpkin maple cake. The maple syrup gives the sweetness in the cake AND the frosting.

Well, I do relax when I bake... ;)

Just got back from the John Prine concert! What fun! He didn't sing "Dear Abbie", but he did sing "You May See Me Tonight With an Illegal Smile". Loved it!

dragnlaw: Even though I love you all more or less, I was supposed to be away being pampered and having fun and I'm home ill.

We received a free three month membership to BJs (Costco-type place on the East Coast) and went there this afternoon to check it out.

Managed to spend less than $100. Picked up a tray of very meaty beef shanks that are destined to become part of beef barley soup and who knows what else. Also a few other odds and ends.

Picked up a tray of very meaty beef shanks that are destined to become part of beef barley soup and who knows what else. .

oh oh oh oh .... beef barley beff barley and shanks drool slobber. hmmm lets see massa massa chusist... yup, could be there in time for supper tomorrow night

We received a free three month membership to BJs (Costco-type place on the East Coast) and went there this afternoon to check it out.

Managed to spend less than $100. Picked up a tray of very meaty beef shanks that are destined to become part of beef barley soup and who knows what else. Also a few other odds and ends.

Andy, when BJ's first came to town, I was working as a Temp. I usually only do office work. But they asked me if I would be interested in doing some weekend work. "Sure, why not. I can always use the extra money." Off to BJ.s in Medford the next day. Stacking the shelves. They gave me a knife to open the boxes. Uh Oh! After about six hours of working on a Saturday, and with the promise of more work on Sunday at time and a half pay, I was tired and not paying attention. I sliced all four fingers wide open. There goes my Sunday paycheck. But I still had one good hand, so I showed up on Sunday as if nothing was out of the ordinary. They gave a knife again. All I had to do was slice the boxes for my partner. After about four hours, using my bad hand started to take its toll. All of a sudden I burst into tears and sobs. My hand started to hurt real bad. BJ's thanked me for my help, sent me home in a cab. They even gave me a year's free membership. (I think that was so I wouldn't sue.) Oh well, at least I got some Sunday pay in.

Calm down. Different soup tonight. The shanks are in the freezer.

img_1487544_0_1f03cc4222a41d321633309216524dc2.gif

OK oK ok... but just give me a days' warning...

Back
Top Bottom