What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kids prom last night. My boy a senior lives with me and my daughter a freshman lives with her mother. They go to differant schools so they came over to our house for pictures. I'm not thrilled with her dress but we are actually getting along so I just kept my mouth shut. View attachment 26720View attachment 26721
It's a gorgeous dress - love the colors. It's so hard to let them grow up, eh? ;) They both look great.

Your kids look handsome and beautiful, Farmer Jon! My Mom didn't tell me until about 20 years later that she didn't approve of my grad dress. By then it was good for a laugh! :)

Thank you, everyone, for your good wishes on the house! Now, if I could just blink my eyes and the move was done...

Farmer Jon, I dont like the dress either but that because I'm a seamstress and I just want to get her the right support and it would be stunning.

Just installed an LED closet light in our GD's bedroom closet. It's a battery operated, motion sensored light that goes on automatically when she opens the closet door.

Andy, you are such a nice person to be doing so much for her in order that she feels at home. She is very fortunate to have you in her life.

Andy, you are such a nice person to be doing so much for her in order that she feels at home. She is very fortunate to have you in her life.

Thanks, Addie. You have to take care of family. Besides she's a peach of a young woman. Smart, great personality, all that stuff. And I'm being objective. I could really go overboard.

OhMyGoshIamRelaxing... Busy, busy day. Just cooling my heals while I wait for the ham to finish up in the oven. Feels good to give my old dogs a rest seeing as how they have been barking for about an hour. Once my cup of tea is gone, though, it's back to work.

Getting dark and a little hard to see them anymore, but watching 4 deer graze the mowed corn field in back, out my kitchen window. Love it.

Early this morning that field was full of Canadian Geese, all honking away and then slowly mixing in and taking over were the Snow Geese. Amazing sight.

There are still about a 1000 dusky geese hanging around and would think they'd head to Alaska soon. They nest on the Copper River delta. After the 64 earthquake it raised the level of their nesting grounds and ever since they couldn't next there anymore, consequently their numbers have plummeted. They are a small Canadian goose with a short neck and very beautiful. And they are protected.

I'm watching My Little Pony episodes with my granddaughter.

Getting dark and a little hard to see them anymore, but watching 4 deer graze the mowed corn field in back, out my kitchen window. Love it.

Early this morning that field was full of Canadian Geese, all honking away and then slowly mixing in and taking over were the Snow Geese. Amazing sight.

I can just imagine that view! What a beautiful sight from your home, dragn.

It is Cheryl, it really is.

I have also had wild turkeys stroll thru my backyard and wander thru the corn fields. It's amusing to watch my dog sit there and watch them. She trots closer and they trot further, she trots closer and they trot further... and on and on :ROFLMAO:

img_1508413_0_531d4bdd7c519878cd50dc962f6bb8c4.jpg

Not the best quality picture. I was so surprised when I walked into the kitchen and they were just strolling on past the window. There were about 8 of them. Just meandered out from the cedar trees. Ambled on down to the end of the yard and then were just heading out towards the open fields when I managed to find my camera to snap a couple of shots.

Canada Geese are a pest over here but, unfortunately, they can't be culled unless you have a special licence. This is only available to farmers who can prove that the geese are eating crops. Doesn't apply to horse keepers.

The owner of the stables where I keep my horse makes hay for the livery & school horses and also to sell off-yard which keeps down our fees.

Last summer the geese ravaged both the hay fields and the grazing land that the horses use. The law doesn't include our situation so Mike was out with a gun and blanks every evening trying to scare them off with little success. He had a serious lack of income and our horses were turned out on almost bare pasture and had to be fed hay when they should have been benefitting from fresh grass.

I'm all for conservation but I feel that Canada geese should get all they deserve.

Canada geese are a pest everywhere - even here in the South. They're huge and they leave giant piles of poop, which pollutes the waterways after a heavy rain. I don't think they need conserving.

I've had a busy morning. I thought I had a Master Gardener board meeting at 9 am today, so I got up and dressed and out the door by 8:50. Sitting in front of the extension office, I realized the meeting was not today, but I did sign up for the helpline today, starting at 11. So I did a bunch of errands, came home to put groceries away and grab another cup of coffee and now it's time to go again! See you later! :mrgreen:

Canada Geese are a pest over here but, unfortunately, they can't be culled unless you have a special licence. This is only available to farmers who can prove that the geese are eating crops. Doesn't apply to horse keepers.

The owner of the stables where I keep my horse makes hay for the livery & school horses and also to sell off-yard which keeps down our fees.

Last summer the geese ravaged both the hay fields and the grazing land that the horses use. The law doesn't include our situation so Mike was out with a gun and blanks every evening trying to scare them off with little success. He had a serious lack of income and our horses were turned out on almost bare pasture and had to be fed hay when they should have been benefitting from fresh grass.

I'm all for conservation but I feel that Canada geese should get all they deserve.

I don't want to belittle our neighbors to the North of us, but I too wish they would keep their geese to themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom