What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine would have been, too, except that cj mentioned the state Virginia a few days ago in reference to her Mom's upcoming appointment...

I'm well aware of women in the military. Himself's aunt served as a WAC during WWII, serving in the communications division. She rose high in the ranks for those times, but neither of us can remember what rank at discharge.

Last edited:
We are enjoying start-of-the-weekend Margaritas.
fiesta.gif
I was going to make the traditional ABTs, but I'm not up for making it. Stirling ordered Indian food. :yum:

Omg I'm going to kill the dog, I just made a sandwich since we are having no dinner, I turned around and it stole it off the edge

We are enjoying start-of-the-weekend Margaritas.
fiesta.gif
I was going to make the traditional ABTs, but I'm not up for making it. Stirling ordered Indian food. :yum:

OMGosh, I sure could use one of those right now. :ohmy::LOL: It's been a crazy past few days - I've been helping out with my elderly neighbors a LOT, tomorrow is Tyler's 7th birthday party, a zillion people are coming :LOL:, I have a boatload of fruit and veggies to cut up for trays for guests, his presents still need wrapped, and for some crazy reason I decided this afternoon would be a good time to bake oatmeal choc chip cookies with the birthday boy and have him help decorate them with M&M's. :ohmy::wacko: It's 7:30 here now and if I'm lucky I'll get a grilled cheese sandwich somewhere between now and midnight. Closing the laptop and walking away.... :LOL:

Trying to "take five" and gather my thoughts and strength to prepare for another day driving to the hospital.

I've been running back and forth to the hospital since o'dark hundred on Wednesday, which is when Glenn had a major hip surgery. The drive is over an hour, one way, so I think the car knows the way all by itself.

I slept at the hospital on Wednesday night because he didn't get out of the recovery room until about 8 p.m. I can't drive at night, never have been. I wanted to make sure he was doing well anyway and staying the night was the best way to assure myself that all was well.

Last night I totally crashed into bed and probably didn't move until I arose at 6:30. The covers didn't even look disturbed and I never even got up to go to the bathroom all night, which meant I was soooo wasted

Not sure how long he'll be in the hospital. Originally Sunday was the target time to go home, but there was a slight backslide today. Might change the coming home time, but the ground could be recovered tonight and tomorrow.

I've been like a duck on the pond. Looking calm on top but paddling like hell below trying to prepare for his homecoming and making time for rest for myself.

And miles to go before I sleep.

Mine would have been, too, except that cj mentioned the state Virginia a few days ago in reference to her Mom's upcoming appointment...

I'm well aware of women in the military. Himself's aunt served as a WAC during WWII, serving in the communications division. She rose high in the ranks for those times, but neither of us can remember what rank at discharge.

Has it ever occurred to you that not every member reads every post? I don't look at the song title thread or the one for movies. And there are some days when I don't even log into DC. So when I do, I will hit the button "last read" and it will usually take me to a post that was posted two or three days later. Do I go back to read? Not always.

Fine, Addie.

Trying to "take five" and gather my thoughts and strength to prepare for another day driving to the hospital.

I've been running back and forth to the hospital since o'dark hundred on Wednesday, which is when Glenn had a major hip surgery. The drive is over an hour, one way, so I think the car knows the way all by itself.

I slept at the hospital on Wednesday night because he didn't get out of the recovery room until about 8 p.m. I can't drive at night, never have been. I wanted to make sure he was doing well anyway and staying the night was the best way to assure myself that all was well.

Last night I totally crashed into bed and probably didn't move until I arose at 6:30. The covers didn't even look disturbed and I never even got up to go to the bathroom all night, which meant I was soooo wasted

Not sure how long he'll be in the hospital. Originally Sunday was the target time to go home, but there was a slight backslide today. Might change the coming home time, but the ground could be recovered tonight and tomorrow.

I've been like a duck on the pond. Looking calm on top but paddling like hell below trying to prepare for his homecoming and making time for rest for myself.

Oh dear Katie! :heart: I guess you didn't have a moment to give us a heads-up ahead. Otherwise you know those of us who pray would have been stormin' the gates for Glenn and you. I hope he regains ground, as you put it, and he can come home so you both can get proper rest.

I've got you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, girlfriend.

Katie, we all got Mrs. Munky through their trial when Mr. Munky had heart surgery. And with all our prayers, we will get the two of you through this. You have your work cut out for you when he comes home. But I know you are up to it. Just think, he can take you out dancing with his new hip.

Stay strong and remember, we all are sending prayers on the way for the both of you.

Hang in there Katie.... :)

As we age, these things pop up.. :(

I've been through the heart thingy and am contemplating hip surgery..

With prayer and luck, life goes on and its great to have people who care..

Ross

Hang in there Katie.... :)

As we age, these things pop up.. :(

I've been through the heart thingy and am contemplating hip surgery..

With prayer and luck, life goes on and its great to have people who care..

Ross

Thanks, Ross. This surgery was a revision of a replacement that was done 20 years ago. It simply wore out and seriously degraded over the last year or so. By the time he made it to the operating room, his left leg was 2 inches shorter and his femur had multiple small fractures from the stem rattling around whacking it. The surgeon told me all he had to do to remove the old stem was to pluck it out with his index finger and his thumb it was so loose.

Glenn's endured a lot since April when he had open heart surgery. He's a pretty tough guy but he's ready to see what normal can be again.

Addie isn't the only one, I wasn't sure if you meant the VA or VA :LOL: I frequent UVA hospital quite a bit. T one time in my life I was taking my child there every 3 months. I hate doctor visits! :ermm:

OMGoodness, you were there quite a bit then. Hope your son is well now. Mom has Dr appointments of some sort every 2 to 3 months. Podiatrist is every 2 months, Medicare covers because she is diabetic. Dermatologist is every 3 months - she has little pre-cancerous things that pop up and he freezes them off. GP every 3 to 6 months for general check-up and fine tuning medications. he also gets blood work every 3 to 6 months. I have check-ups every 4 months for diabetes and blood pressure, blood work every year.

Wishing Glenn a speedy recovery and that he will be up and about really soon. Katie, please take care of yourself and bless you both.

So sorry you're both having to go through this, Katie. I hope you had a restful night. Best wishes to you and Glenn. Hugs.

Oh goodness, I hope he does well with recovery and you get some rest! Doctors and hospitals and surgeries wear a person out :(

OMGoodness, you were there quite a bit then. Hope your son is well now. Mom has Dr appointments of some sort every 2 to 3 months. Podiatrist is every 2 months, Medicare covers because she is diabetic. Dermatologist is every 3 months - she has little pre-cancerous things that pop up and he freezes them off. GP every 3 to 6 months for general check-up and fine tuning medications. he also gets blood work every 3 to 6 months. I have check-ups every 4 months for diabetes and blood pressure, blood work every year.
The soft spot in his head closed early so we went through surgeries and now he goes for eye appointments, he doesn't have depth perception like we do but since he was born with it he does well. That's why you see a lot of dementia patients walking funny when they have to cross different flooring like carpet to black tile to white tile etc. Age related loss of depth perception.... people don't think of those things when they design nsg homes, assisted living centers. Another fact is fluorescent lighting. It's the absolute worst for anxiety, low vision etc. now he has a bit of a lazy eye which the dr said he will try to correct when he's a little bit older. I guess we all have our trials in life.

We had some friends over last night. The kids were throwing rocks like kids do. Jasper threw one through the back window of a Ford Taurus wagon. So we get to make a trip to u pull it this morning. Its hot and humid and sticky but I have to fix it.

I've had quite the run of bad luck lately. I know what I did to deserve bad karma but enough already. I've learned my lesson. I swear.

Last edited:

Hang in there, Katie. Take care of yourself and my best wishes for Glenn's fast recovery.

We had some friends over last night. The kids were throwing rocks like kids do. Jasper threw one through the back window of a Ford Taurus wagon. So we get to make a trip to u pull it this morning. Its hot and humid and sticky but I have to fix it.

I've had quite the run of bad luck lately. I know what I did to deserve bad karma but enough already. I've learned my lesson. I swear.
Sending good karma and luck your way!!
Kids and rocks... my nephew and his friends were throwing rocks a couple of weeks ago and he had to get his mouth wired shut, it broke his jaw. I'm thinking someone needs to throw a rock at me, diet plan! :w00t2::w00t2:

Katie, I am with the group here, sending prayers and positive thoughts for both you and Glenn. I hope that things work themselves out quickly so you can get him home sooner than later. It will make things better for both of you. :heart::flowers:

Back
Top Bottom