What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way, way, way too hot. Every year since we moved to Illinois, this time of year was flat-out beautiful. Our southern friends would visit to enjoy the cooler weather. It's 90 degrees, and we only air condition the bedroom. Aside from a cool week a couple weeks ago, we haven't eaten in the dining room for a few months. Eating in the kitchen even is rare (once you turn on the stove, forget it). I'm ready for fall, really ready.

Fleas

Dry, too dry. Amost ninety degrees and climbing. The fleas and other pests must be having good time. The dogs are full of them regardless of what I try to feed them to avoid them. The brewer's yeast isn't working neither is the garlic. If I overdo them on the food they just won't eat. Everyone said they are spoiled. I do hate the bugs. But the weatherman has promised that it will be cooler on Wednesday with slight chance of rain. You believe the weatherman?

9C = about 50F there....brrr

As for fleas, I believe when my dog had them we fed them mint and bathed them in tree tea oil or the likes....maybe pappermint...ahhh now ill have to ask....they are pesy little buggars aint they, and NO i dont eblieve weatherman!! It was supposed to clear up here yesterday and well its still cold

tcg2000

I hope the fleas will die when it gets cold here. They are having a feast now. I went to vet who gave me something called Frontline. Supposed to last for month. I am reluctant to put on dog with diabetes. She doesn't need something else to give her trouble. Did you ever watch Animal Planet? I was home alone this weekend and thought would be good. Too much abuse for me to handle. They are talking about rescuing lotof pets left by hurricaine. The fleas are quite thick since I just noticed them and will have to remember tea tree oil next time. I think if you take precaution when you first notice easier to get rid of. They make everybody miserable.

the fall is here. i thought there also may have been some after effects from the hurricane (hats off to all who went through it), but i couldn't figure out if that was why the weather was so harsh, or not?
the wind is blowing so hard i can hear it over some music and my t.v., and last time i went outside, i literally, literally had to grip onto the porch railing so that it didn't make me fall down. the trees were looking as though they might tip over right along with me. i'm going to go look and see if it's any better out there right now.

We're getting the same heavy wind here, too, luvs. It started about half an hour ago. We only have a slight chance of rain today but it looks like you might be getting some serious storms right now!

September 29 and it's cold and rainy. Temp is in the low 40's. It finally feels like autmumn has arrived. It's late in comming, but I'm nbot complaining about the mild September that we had.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

It may seem or sound weird but we had a chinook blow in last night. Dont they usually hit in the winter? Mind you it has felt like winter here for the past month, ok dang near! All in all I think it might end up being a nice weekend to move.....

cold !!!!!!! it's only going to be around 55 degrees today for the high.
been going down to the 40's at night. and it's very windy. 35 m.p.h. winds.
the rest of the week it's going to be in the 70's.

Triple digits here for the next few days (& a few fires causing people to evacuate). Typical Californ-i-a weather. At this rate, Ill be eating a turky sammich on the beach come Thanksgiving. Can't wait for summer to end.

Yesterday,wednesday, it was very warm, got into the 90's and last week we had a thunder and lightening storm that was AWSOME!!!!And the rain from it was so nice, washed everything down and made outside smell brand new. They are calling for a warm day today but dropping into typical fall weather for the weekend...

kadesma

It finally feels good!! Yesterday was 104 and a cold front came down which produced some storms and this morning, it was 64 and the high is 76 for today. I love this kind of weather!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom