What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry, I know that your snow is pure but I know that it's not in KZ........we had a boy at school who insisted on eating it despite our efforts to discourage him.....one day the water went off and we had science experiments to conduct......so I had Danyar collect some "clean" snow and we melted it in a pot over the stove..........even he gasped at the "crud" floating around in it.......yep, Danyar, that's what you're eating....the Soviets have done so much nuclear testing over KZ in years gone by who knows what's in the precipitation........

Weather was nice and warm yesterday (about 75) so I went out cycling in the nearby hills. I took a shot of the canyons with miles of hiking trails down below. I used my camera phone so the quality is not good. I encountered many cyclists while on the canyon roads. I even ran into a friend whom I have not seen in a year. She was also cycling solo heading the opposite direction. We stopped and chatted for a little while. That's where I snapped this picture from, by the way...

There were lots of hikers out there too, like a typical summer afternoon. I also rode up to the Griffith Observatory where it was crowded with lots of out-of-towners and foreign tourists.

The weather is even nicer today. I'm at work right now and it feels like 85 out there.

img_769367_0_19099a5e75ddda46ee80e1d6a81a3c0c.jpg

At the moment the weather is appropriate to the season, about 39F with slight breeze. Supposed to remain this way for about one or two more days and then on Wednesday the bottom's supposed to fall out. Single digit temps.:shock: That's very unusual for this area.

More of the same--snow and very cold. Icy road conditions off and on depending upon the weather. I cancelled an appointment that I had for tomorrow and if I stay off this puter, I might actually get more baking done!

Here it comes!!!
6 now, expecting a little snow.... then the winds blow in to drop us to -20 overnight and every night this week!!!!

Is it July yet?

Well, just got done cleaning up the door yard from 4 inches of snow and now we go into a solid week of deep freeze with highs in the single digits and wind. :(

It was 84 here in Hermosa Beach today, clear blue skies, nicer than most of our summer days! Come one down -- tourists are mostly gone, rooms are cheap, restaurants could use the business!

807_IMG_0824.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom