What music are you listening to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you all’s Valentine’s Day heart was filled with chocolate music and love. And as for Snip, Wow. Just wow.

For a dead guy, Pavarotti sure gets around. Here is one of my favorite collaborations. U2, Pavarotti, Brian Eno, Michael Kaymen conducting. A special greeting captured on film. From a concert, Miss Sarajevo 1995.

U2 & Luciano Pavarotti Miss Sarajevo (Original Video) - YouTube

And while this is on an an opera kick, (and by extension beauty, and the beauty and love we all have) here is something by Anna Netrebko . Song To The Moon from Dvorak’s Rusalka. According folklore, a rusalka is a Slavic or Czech water sprite. I once played this song in orchestra (clarinet). Sans lyrics, although I still don’t know the meaning of the words now either. Beautiful and too long ago.

Possibly the only woman who verifibly hits the high notes to appear in playboy mag. ( spoiler alert) they published an Article, not a picture spread. So from now on guys can really -truly justify you read the magazine for its intellectual and artistic endeavors because it’s the Truth. It’s worth a mention. Who else since perhaps Marilyn Monroe can claim to be both talented, intelligent and beautiful and appear in Playboy.

Anna Netrebko / A. Dvo

Well, prior to reading yesterday and overnight entries, my intention is to introduce this song to share today. In a way, it fits. Jorma Kaukonen/ Hot Tuna. The Water Song. 1972. Apologies. The fuzziness of the recording appears on both vinyl and cd. Despite its lack of clarity, it’s one of my faves. In theory there is a re-master floating around. Hope you enjoy

Hot Tuna - Water Song - YouTube

Last edited:
Great songs, Snip, all of them.

And GG, Anything by Queen is awesome in my eyes. A friend and I did all the parts acapella to "Bohemian Rhapsody" in a pick-up truck in the middle of a farmer's field.....oh, I think there might have been a six-pack or so involved as well. :LOL::LOL: But that was long ago in my "foolish college days" past ;)

Great songs, Snip, all of them.

And GG, Anything by Queen is awesome in my eyes. A friend and I did all the parts acapella to "Bohemian Rhapsody" in a pick-up truck in the middle of a farmer's field.....oh, I think there might have been a six-pack or so involved as well. :LOL::LOL: But that was long ago in my "foolish college days" past ;)

Wayne's World, Wayne's World, Wayne's World :LOL:
And don't tell me you were in a Pacer, too!

Wayne's World, Wayne's World, Wayne's World :LOL:
And don't tell me you were in a Pacer, too!

We were in my friend's white Dodge pickup and it was years before Wayne's World! :cool:

I've been listening to my Neil Diamond "In My Lifetime" boxed set while working on my craft room. Here is a great memory! Elvis recorded this one but I am partial to Neil's version.

And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind Neil Diamond - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom