Beef lungs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Though I’ve cooked lungs many times in the past, I’ve never cooked them to be eaten as is, so do speak. The only way I know how to use it is to add to the ground meat, when making pierogies, or knishes, or other meat stuffed dishes, but even then I would not cook it alone, I would always add some other meats, beef or chicken.
Couple of days ago friend of mine called me and ask me to come up and make him a dish from the lungs he has in his freezer. So there is no hurry, but does anybody actually cook this stuff, does anybody have a TNT recipe for them? I can search internet my self, but would like to see if somebody makes it first. Please help me out here.

Not TNT, but braised, for a long time, and a lot of aromatics seem to work...like with most offal. Ground up, makes a rich filler...like in haggis, but you need a lot of stuff to make haggis from scratch besides lungs...

may I ask where y'all got Beef Lungs? I would like to try some things like that but don't know where to find..

My father still butchers wild hogs at his ranch, but he never saves "the good parts" for me!

Eric, Austin Tx.

It used to be available in our grocery store. This time I don't know where he got it. In all the truth lung isn't worth all the fuss. Hart, tongue maybe, but not lung.

Back
Top Bottom