Center cut boneless pork roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luv2cook35

Cook
I have 2 1 3/4 lb center cut boneless pork roasts. Best ideas on how to cook them? I usually cook in the oven at 350 but am looking for new ideas.

Assuming these are loin roasts, dry roasting them in the oven is your best bet. You may want to brine them as pork loin is a very lean meat and dries out easily. They can also be cooked on the grill.

You can stuff them with just about anything or you could slice one into boneless pork chops for another meal.

The ratio for brining would be a cup of salt to a gallon of water, does that sound right? Would you add any herbs or sugar to the brine? I plan to cook both to feed 6 of us.

I'm making one tody. We cut slits init making them deep and big enough to take my DH's fingers We stuffed the holes witrh bacon we put in boiling water to get rid of the smoke flavor. Hubby coldn't find Pancetta. The bacon was cut into fine dice and mixed with fine choped garlic we put this in toholes and thenput a sprig of garlic in each hole. put in a cast iron dutch oven put evoo in the bottom add the roast and brown all sides. Then put in a 350 oven for 45 min. After that we will take the roast ou ad add some white wine, put back in the oven til ahe roast hits 167remove and let rest for a few minutes then slice and serve.
kadesma

That "Melt in your mouth" recipe looks delicious! Thanks for the link - I like the idea of the gravy - that will go well with the mashed potatoes I already made.

That "Melt in your mouth" recipe looks delicious! Thanks for the link - I like the idea of the gravy - that will go well with the mashed potatoes I already made.

You're welcome.
And surprisingly the gravy comes out tasting just like homemade pan gravy, not like a cream of soup at all.

pacanis said:
You're welcome.
And surprisingly the gravy comes out tasting just like homemade pan gravy, not like a cream of soup at all.

I do this with the roast or chops in the CP, nothing wrong with a packet and a can!

I have to admit I use Lipton onion soup quite a bit - love roasted potatoes with it and some olive oil.

That "Lipton onion soup/cream of mushroom soup" is often the brunt of snickers for serious chef's everywhere. Pfffft I say........it turns into a tasty combo for all meats! Try adding 1/2 cup of sherry to the mix.....then it turns into gourmet'. :LOL:

The ratio for brining would be a cup of salt to a gallon of water, does that sound right? Would you add any herbs or sugar to the brine? I plan to cook both to feed 6 of us.

You could go with a half cup of sugar and quarter cup of brown sugar (or white if that's what you have).

I won't say this is "the best" way to cook them, but I have made this recipe a few times and it's outstanding. It's also quite simple if you aren't opposed to tearing open a packet or opening a can :) And you still have a roast, but cooked differently than what you are used to.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/melt-in-your-mouth-pork-loin-39428.html

We're all turkeyed out, so this could be a candidate for Christmas dinner. Would it matter whether it's done on stove-top or in oven? I'm thinking roasted root vegetables with it. Thanks.

We're all turkeyed out, so this could be a candidate for Christmas dinner. Would it matter whether it's done on stove-top or in oven? I'm thinking roasted root vegetables with it. Thanks.

I cooked it in an oven using a CI Dutch oven. Lots of hot air surrounding the roast, but it is a small roast being only a loin... It might work, but I would be more inclined to use a slow cooker like Dawg mentioned. I think on a stovetop you would want to stir and fuss with it so nothing burns, and then you would lose your heat when you lifted the lid.

I cooked it in an oven using a CI Dutch oven. Lots of hot air surrounding the roast, but it is a small roast being only a loin... It might work, but I would be more inclined to use a slow cooker like Dawg mentioned. I think on a stovetop you would want to stir and fuss with it so nothing burns, and then you would lose your heat when you lifted the lid.

Cast Iron Dutch Oven in the oven it shall be. Thanks. :pig: (need an unhappy-looking pig, considering how he'll be coming to dinner)

This is really good and super easy in the slow cooker. I first saw it in one of my slow cooker's recipe leaflets.

Pot Roasted Pork Loin

Rub boneless pork loin roast with s&p. Stab meat and insert slivers of a garlic clove in the slits. Slice an onion and put in bottom of CP. Throw in loin along with another sliced onion, a couple of bay leaves, a whole clove, 1/2 cup water and a T. of soy sauce.

Cover and cook on low 10 hours, or high 5 hours. You can brown the roast before cooking, but it's not necessary.

This is really good and super easy in the slow cooker. I first saw it in one of my slow cooker's recipe leaflets.

Pot Roasted Pork Loin

Rub boneless pork loin roast with s&p. Stab meat and insert slivers of a garlic clove in the slits. Slice an onion and put in bottom of CP. Throw in loin along with another sliced onion, a couple of bay leaves, a whole clove, 1/2 cup water and a T. of soy sauce.

Cover and cook on low 10 hours, or high 5 hours. You can brown the roast before cooking, but it's not necessary.

Golly, that sounds really good, too. So it's c & P'd for future use.

I used the CI dutch oven and they're roasting/braising now and smelling heavenly! Any need to turn them? I was wondering if the fat side needs to be exposed to the liquid. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom