Smoked Salmon Lollipops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Smoked Salmon Lollipops
This is a recipe served by the Cameron Mitchell Catering Company. M Executive Chef David Dovell leads the recipe creation team.

1 lb. diced, smoked salmon
4 ounces cream cheese
1 Tbsp. rinsed capers
1 Tbsp. minced red onion
1 lemon, zested
Salt and pepper to taste
Smoked salmon, thinkly sliced
Chopped chives as needed
Poppy seeds as needed

Puree diced, smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and lemon zest. Fold in minced red onion and add salt and pepper to taste.

Chill mixture and roll into 1-inch pieces and freeze for 20 minutes. Wrap each ball with 2 strips of sliced salmon.

Place stick into ball and roll ends in chives or poppy seeds.

Yields approximately 30 pieces.

You do know, I'm going to have to fight off the hoards for thses don't you? WoW looks good.

kadesma:LOL:

I think this is one I will make for T'day. In the interest of cost, I will omit the slices of salmon wrapped around the balls, and just use the rest of the recipe to make mini salmon spread balls with toothpicks. My family with love them!

I'll be perusing the other appetizer recipes in this section, looking for light stuff.

Lee

Qsis, another idea - in place of wrapping the lollipops with smoked salmon - perhaps rolling them in finely chopped almonds, macadamias or pistachios.

Last edited:
Perfect Christmas Eve party nibble, DH would be all over these in a flash - thanks for sharing Mish, as usual it's a very cool recipe!!! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom