I need a new hand mixer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollop

Assistant Cook
after 28 years of wonderful service!! Yep...it has served me well. Here is the problem...all the new hand mixers that I pick up feel so light and "plastic!" :ohmy: I have to ask myself if any of them are worth buying. But I really do need to get a new one as my old one is beginning to fade. Even the KA doesn't feel powerful enough. I can't be pulling my stand mixer out each time I need to do a simple cookie recipe.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We bought a KA five speed a while ago. My only complaint is that the top speed seems too slow.

I have been using this Braun product for 3 years

it's very versatile, easy to use and robust (600W, handles mixing over an extended time, also harder objects like nuts and cheese), it is in use in our kitchen everyday. I heartily recommend it.

Last edited:
I recently bought a Kitchenaid 9 speed to replace an old mixer.
So far I like it very much.

All of the hand mixers have plastic bodies.

They've been made that way since the '50s and '60s. It's up to you though to find the brand that most reliable. I think K'Aid is the better one.

~Corey123.

It isn't the plastic housing that bothers me. My old one has a plastic housing. It is the internal "make-up" that seems to create such a weak product. My Mom has a KA hand held (five speed) and I'm not impressed with it at all. It just doesn't have the power I thought it would.

Maybe I need to track down a 9 speed.

Try going to this website; http://www.epinions.com.

Click on HOME & GARDEN. Once there, click on Small Appliances. Once there, click on Hand-held Mixers or Mixers.

There are over a dozen brands of hand mixers there. You can also read some of the reviews on them if you want to. This should give you some general idea of what you might want to buy.

There are also links there to websites where you can purchase a mixer online if you want to. You can even sign up as a member if you want to! Good luck!!

A hand mixer is STILL an appliance, BTW.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom