Please keep my cousin in your prayers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I just got this news from my dad today. My cousin Chuck works at a place where they make wood laminate. Friday he was inside of the machine fixing something and someone turned it on. This big flat thing came down on him and flattened his chest to 7 inches thick. It has moved everything, including his heart around; he has a broken sternum and broken ribs; it ripped an artery from his heart, and he lost most of his blood. They filtered his blood and added more to it. He is still alive but in a lot of pain. They started him on dialysis today. He is around 50 to 52 years old, 6'4" and has always been a strong man. When his mom found out, she had some kind of heart episode, but she is out of the hospital and planning on going back to work tomorrow. Chuck is still alive, which is a miracle (the fact that it missed his head is too), but he is in terrible pain and still in very serious condition. There is no telling if and when I will receive updates (in a way it may be a case of no news is good news), but if I hear I will let you know. Thanks

Barbara

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Barbara L}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

He AND his mom will be in my prayers - what a horrific accident - and I will also pray for the person that turned the machine on - they can't be feeling too good right now either.

Oh Barbara - please keep us informed if you hear anything.

Barb,
I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your cousin and his mom, and all your family.
kadesma

Thanks everyone. And thank you kitchenelf for remembering the guy who turned on the machine. James and I were just discussing that ourselves. It has to be hard on him.

Barbara

Best thoughts for you and your cousin. What a horrific accident; I'm glad he survived it.

Barbara,

This sounds like something out of a nightmare. It's absolutely hideous. I will be praying for Chuck and hoping with all my heart that he can recover.

Anne

My heartfelt best wishes to you, the poor, unfortunate Chuck who is bravely fighting for his life, and to the entire family. Let's hope and believe he will win this fight. (((Hugs)))

Absolutely my prayers are going up! Miracles happen and prayer is a powerful thing! Please keep us posted when you can.

Back
Top Bottom