Tacoma Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Went with family to Cabella's today. It was my birthday present to me and a late birthday present to my wife. They gave us Cabella gift certificates worth 80 bucks! Woohoo!. I bought about 35 dollars worth of fly tying supplies and gave the rest to my wife. She added another 35 dollars from our credit card to her purchace amount. Women!:LOL: We had a great time and got to let our grandaughter feed the rainbow trout. I had a sandwich on whole wheat, filled with romain lettuce, ostrich meat, a pickle, and mayo. I was floored by the ostrich. It was very similar to beef in both taste and texture, but subtley different. My youngest daughter had her sandwich made with elk, which I thought would also taste like beef. But it was completely different in flavor, but with a texture like deli beef. Both were very good (she gave me a bit of hers and I gave her a bit of mine:LOL:). It was a great day. The kids back home called and wished me and their mother happy birthday as well. What more can a guy ask for. This has been a great vacation. I get to spend it with sons and daughters that I rarely get to see due to long distances. It's what I live for. I don't need any gifts. Being with my family, and my grand-daughters is what I live for.

The Cabella's gift cards, that's just icing on the cake.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom