OrGreenic cookware - Thinking of buying some

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
I'm wondering if anyone has purchased OrGreenic cookware. These are the new ceramic coated pans that are green in color. I've watched the informercial, and read some reviews. Some Amazon reviewers said the food still sticks, others say not.

Last edited:
Here's what influences me.

1 - I can get over the obnoxious marketing. But I also figure that if you have a good product, you give it a fair presentation, and if it claims to be revolutionary and really is, your problem will be keeping up with demand. You don't happen to be "featured" on a bunch of blog/review sites that purport to be educational but are clearly marketing sites where every "review" ends with an offer to buy, and they never reviewed a product they didn't love and send you to where you can buy it. Obviously, someone's cutting third party clickthrough deals with them. The stink sticks to that kind of marketing, like you have to sell a bunch before people catch on.

Some of these sites, like Orgreenic Cookware - Taste HEALTHY? | Green Food Dude don't even bother to put up much of a show as a "review" site. They're just the maker or, again, one of their paid shills. OrGreenic isn't the only one. One site pretends to review them, trashes them, and then gushes over Rachel Ray cookware and sends you off to buy some. It's a low crowd they run with, and the smell puts me off right away.

2 - Good luck discovering just what the non-stick coating is. One thing it's not is ceramic. I believe there's a ceramic coat over the metal base. But lots of use have ceramic cookware. It's no more "non-stick" than stainless steel or cast iron. Which is to say that ceramic won't stick much if you use it properly. But I think the giveaway is that the OrGreenic top coating is glossy. That suggests silicone. Silicone has become a common material for bakeware. It seems to be okay but sometimes stinky. It suffers at high heat. I don't think I want it in a stove top pan.

3 - I personally find it disgusting that they would combine Organic and Green to brand a product that isn't particularly "green," being made in Zhejiang in China - not exactly known for green manufacturing. And organic is a concept that doesn't compute at all with regard to cookware, unless the cookware can be broken down in the composter when its useful life is over.

So far as I'm concerned, they may keep their organic, green, or whatever they want to call it product.

And I spent some time with the Amazon reviews. I do a lot of business with Amazon and spend a lot of time looking at and analyzing reviews. I've developed a pretty good filter for what matters and what's an ignorant or cranky customer. I look for specific functional complaints posted some months after the purchase. (You can and should edit and revise a positive review, if things change.) And I look for how many positive reviews were by one-time-only reviewers. Too often, they are shills. They don't have to be OrGreenic shills. There are dozens upon dozens of third parties standing to make money if someone clicks through their site to Amazon.

I'd probably be no more disappointed with OrGreenic than I was with Scan Pans. The Scan Pan company is leagues above OrGreenic in their business practices (no doubt), but was still a letdown for me, and not an inexpensive one either.

I still have 2 Faberware aluminum clad bottom non-stick pans that are holding up ok, but was looking for the latest non-stick pan invention. I tried Scan Pan (years ago) and it was fail for me. It looks as if Orgreenic would be too.

Exactly what non-stick coating is to be outlawed soon? Only teflon? Also, how many non-stick pans are made of something else? Do most use some engineered form teflon in their coating?

Last edited:
And I look for how many positive reviews were by one-time-only reviewers. Too often, they are shills. They don't have to be OrGreenic shills. There are dozens upon dozens of third parties standing to make money if someone clicks through their site to Amazon.

So perceptive! I've seen this too although I've never focused my thoughts or put them into words like you have done.

I'm going to be buying new cookware soon, replacing all my old crap, and I'm going to choose my new cookware from one of the main lines as sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Perhaps Calphalon or something like that... Something main stream.

I visited their website. The marketer speaks very highly of it.

I not only read all the reviews, I also counted the 4,3,2 and 1 stars reviews. Totalled, they outnumber the 5 star reviews. I have yet to see an "As Seen On TV" product that lived up to the hype. The No No Hair Remover leaves burns on the skin as well as having the hairs smoking.

I would trust the reviews from Amazon before I would the website and the marketer. Of course they are going to hype the product. I want to hear what my everyday next door neighbor who has tried the product, after using it for a while has to say. :question:

Last edited:
I'd probably be no more disappointed with OrGreenic than I was with Scan Pans. The Scan Pan company is leagues above OrGreenic in their business practices (no doubt), but was still a letdown for me, and not an inexpensive one either.

I still have 2 Faberware aluminum clad bottom non-stick pans that are holding up ok, but was looking for the latest non-stick pan invention. I tried Scan Pan (years ago) and it was fail for me. It looks as if Orgreenic would be too.

Exactly what non-stick coating is to be outlawed soon? Only teflon? Also, how many non-stick pans are made of something else? Do most use some engineered form teflon in their coating?

It's voluntary and it's 2015.

I was thinking about their infomercial. I bet they took their product and went thru dozens of eggs and many different temperature settings to get that ideal temp where their egg cooks up so it slides around in the pan. That egg that slid around was given special treatment, and not reproducible with the wide variation in peoples cook temps. There are what looks like 2 genuine posted reviews on YouTube, favorable. One by someone named Marissa who has other homestyle honest reviews. The thing is, her review of the pan is only a few months old. But she makes the pan perform pretty well before your eyes. It makes one wonder how many buyers got a bad batch of Orgreenic cookware from the factory. One person said she bought one pan at Bed Bath and Beyond and noticed it wasn't that shiny. Eggs stuck the first time. She went back and bought another pan that had a slighly more shiny coating. Her eggs didn't stick to that pan.

The lack of quality control probably accounts for many of the bad reviews.

Last edited:
On the TV commercial they are giving you two for the price of one. That is the first thing that should make you suspicious. The second is that they don't list the cost of separate S&H. So I decided to order one just for giggles. Before I would give them my credit card info, I wanted the cost of the separate S&H. The girl couldn't give it to me until I had given her my credit card info. Red Flag!!! I insisted on knowing, she insisted on her saying No! When I insisted for the third time, I got disconnected. I have the strongest feeling that she was reading from a script. The fact that she could barely speak English I let slide. My cell phone is serviced by an overseas site and I get great service with them. And everyone has to earn a living. Even in offshore places. :ohmy:

When a product fails, Bed and Bath usually replaces it free. At least that has been my experience. I bought a package of 12x12 dinner napkins and one was more like 5x5. I had already painted on ten of them but brought the defective one back with the receipt and empty package. I got another whole package of 12 free. The fact that the reviewer on uTube had to buy a new one tells me that B&B were taking a beating on the pans and decided to not honor their own agreement. They kept just enough in stock to replace the ones being returned or try to get rid of their present stock. :)

For laughs, if BBB or Walgreens still has them in stock and I buy one, I get a 30 day money back from those stores? Orgreenics site guarantee will charge you $30 for shipping their $19.99 + S&H item back to them for a replacement/refund.

For laughs, if BBB or Walgreens still has them in stock and I buy one, I get a 30 day money back from those stores? Orgreenics site guarantee will charge you $30 for shipping their $19.99 + S&H item back to them for a replacement/refund.

And it is probably at their discretion. I bet they will send you a replacement and not a refund. :)

BB&B has a full refund 30 day unconditional satisfaction guarantee on all their products. I've never had the slightest problem getting a full refund on any product I didn't like. Just keep the receipt and bring it with you for a refund.

I have used it, and I love it.

I wasn't going to give into the hype, but my non-stick frying pan bit the dust, so I did a little research. I found some good reviews, and the main bad reviews I found were from people who hadn't seasoned their pans, and some gave the company itself bad reviews and suggested buying it from Amazon.

I decided to try one pan for myself. I bought the OrGreenic 12" frying pan at WalMart. I absolutely LOVE it. It was quick and easy to season, and so far it is cooking and cleaning like a dream. I have cooked pork chops, bacon, and scrambled eggs in it on top of the stove, and chicken thighs and tomatoes in the oven. Every doubt I had is gone, and since they are lighter weight than many of my pans (hard on my hands, as I have arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome) I may get the whole set when I can afford it.

I'm giving serious thought to trying the OrGrenic 12" frying pan at BBB. Their price is $30 minus my 20% coupon (sign up online to get them) plus tax comes out to about $26.

I have all my good stuff packed away and my cheap sh... er... stuff, is not doing well. I could do with an inexpensive but good fry pan even if it duplicates what I already have better. You never know, maybe in the future I can cook in stereo. :)

I went to BB&B this afternoon intending to buy the OrGrenic but when I got in the store and saw the pans they were butt ugly! I can't imagine cooking my food in a green frying pan, it's just so totally wrong a color to have any hope to look nice with food in it, IMO.

Another thing that totally turned me off about the OrGreenic was the steel handle. From past experience I know I will eventually burn my hand on anything with a metal handle.

Instead I bought the Invitations 10" and 12" frying pan set:

9054614949232P.JPG

Don't mistake this for any deluxe cookware. The two pans together cost $14.99, but when I redeemed my BB&B $5 off coupon the total price for BOTH frying pans together was less than $11!

I have bought other Invitations cookware before including a sort of wok like deep frying pan with rounded edges and a top, perhaps 2-3 quarts, and I'm still using it years later as one of my favorite cookwares.

When I first heard of Invitations I thought they were some today gone tomorrow off-brand but BB&B has been selling them for at least 4-5 years. When I first encountered them I thought it was some sort of introductory deal and that Invitations would raise their prices in the future, but they never did. Yes of course they're manufactured in China.

This is not premium cookware. When I've settled down in my new house (which I have yet to buy) I'll probably get a full set of Calphalon or something like that but for the time being this incredibly inexpensive but very usable cookware is a step up from the old junk I've been cooking on here in my temporary residence. My good stuff is in storage. In fact I think I have this exact 10"-12" set already! But for the price, $11, it's easier than digging through my storage and trying to find the box with the frying pans and unpack my other set of 10"-12" Invitations frying pans.

Half the price of the OrGreenic, twice the number of pans, and if you get a few good years out of the Invitations you can afford to toss them out or donate them to Goodwill and either get another set or buy the Calphalon or other pricey gear.

So I recommend Invitations cookware at Bed Bath & Beyond as extremely affordable cookware but still reasonably good quality, a good choice for anybody who doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

BB&B sells an Invitations set of 6 pots & pans, some lids and 3 "Nylon cooking utensils" (whatever that is) for $50. Slap a 20% off coupon on that and you're out the door for $40 plus tax. I wish I had something that good when I had just graduated college and got my first apartment.

I'm going to get a really snooty big name cookware set very soon but until then these cheap but good pans will help me bridge the gap.

Last edited:
I also prefer to go with inexpensive non-stick cookware. Since non-stick is not my go to cookware, I'm happy with pans I can get at Costco or similar for $20-$25 for two. They're a nice thick aluminum for even heat distribution, enameled on the bottom so they can go in the DW. I have some now that are almost 10 years old of occasional use.

Back
Top Bottom