2017 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. Pirate fell in love with the Macadamia nut when he came to visit me in Hawaii. I will be making him a very happy person next month.

The recipe is in my file under Cookies and has a star right next to it. That tells me it is a big hit!

PrincessFiona:
No. It is ham salad , herb creme, chicken salad in it. It is a Savoury Sandwich cake.

img_1511737_0_ac5261d28d35290f05feb6e6c2dd06ec.jpg

img_1511760_0_c0b5c58e3460547f601dbd9917e1221b.jpg

This is not the one I made this time, but I made this few years back, it has more layers but is basically the same idea, minus the cucumber layer due to my husbands hatred to cucumber.

That cake looked like this:
img_1511760_1_cb1e99ce36026a6a504e0fa00d05b325.jpg

I done fair bit of sandwich cakes, I haven had work making these cakes. It just like a massive sandwich.

We Swedes are weird and I did bake the bread for it, since I do not like the store bought kind and it doesnt come in round.

Of the two, I enjoy cooking meals, but I love to bake and create. I think desserts are more appreciated.

I'm not much of a baker, but stumbled across a recipe for Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake yesterday and had all the ingredients, so thought I'd give it a try today. Other than a few burnt edges on the almonds :ermm:, it was wonderful!
img_1511808_0_7eed962ad45ba14d91f0ad49fd7fffa5.jpg

I'm not much of a baker, but stumbled across a recipe for Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake yesterday and had all the ingredients, so thought I'd give it a try today. Other than a few burnt edges on the almonds :ermm:, it was wonderful!
img_1513207_0_7eed962ad45ba14d91f0ad49fd7fffa5.jpg

Cheryl, those aren't burnt edges, they're toasted golden brown.

For someone who says she is not much of a baker, I would say you are one heck of an excellent baker.

img_1513243_0_7eed962ad45ba14d91f0ad49fd7fffa5.jpg

I'd like your recipe, please... Jeannie loves raspberries... :)

Ross

Thanks to all for the kind comments! :) Andy, true - some were a little more 'golden' than others :LOL: but I love toasted almonds so much better than raw.

Ross, below is the link to the recipe. I just kind of stumbled across it one day. The batter is very thick and a little hard to work with, but it really is a moist flavorful coffee cake. The recipe calls for icing, but I'm not a fan of icing so I omitted it. Next time I make it, I might add a touch of almond extract to the batter - that sounds good to me, but I was out.

Scroll down for the recipe - the blogger kind of overdid it on the photos....:D

Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake | Noble Pig

I get a kick out of some of the comments people post on food blogs. Here's one for the above Coffee Cake:

"This looks lovely and sounds simple , but where does the coffee ingredient come in? or do you mean its a good cake with coffee? I’m confused, I was looking for how much coffee you use?" :ermm::LOL:

Thanks to all for the kind comments! :) Andy, true - some were a little more 'golden' than others :LOL: but I love toasted almonds so much better than raw.

Ross, below is the link to the recipe. I just kind of stumbled across it one day. The batter is very thick and a little hard to work with, but it really is a moist flavorful coffee cake. The recipe calls for icing, but I'm not a fan of icing so I omitted it. Next time I make it, I might add a touch of almond extract to the batter - that sounds good to me, but I was out.

Scroll down for the recipe - the blogger kind of overdid it on the photos....:D

Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake | Noble Pig

Thank you, Cheryl... I do believe we will enjoy this... :)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom